.

.

This forum is dedicated to discussions on how to grow the sport of hang gliding. We will take a methodical approach to collect data and come up with implementable ideas on how to increase our numbers. This includes effective marketing, lead generation, site access issues, improving regulations, lack of instructors, lack of sites, etc

Moderator: mods

User avatar
By FormerFF
#51736
HGXC wrote:Warren, like him or not, approve of his ways or not Jack Welch is all about winning.

What do you do for a living Warren, You like to take cheap shots at people without revealing who you are and how you make a living. That must mean you are either sucking off the Gov or a hypocrite or both.

Dennis
While I didn't care for Warren to come in and take a potshot like that, there was no call for your response, Dennis. And, that was quite a leap for you to decide he was
" either sucking off the Gov or a hypocrite or both. "

Matt
User avatar
By HGXC
#51744
FormerFF wrote:
HGXC wrote:Warren, like him or not, approve of his ways or not Jack Welch is all about winning.

What do you do for a living Warren, You like to take cheap shots at people without revealing who you are and how you make a living. That must mean you are either sucking off the Gov or a hypocrite or both.

Dennis
While I didn't care for Warren to come in and take a potshot like that, there was no call for your response, Dennis. And, that was quite a leap for you to decide he was
" either sucking off the Gov or a hypocrite or both. "

Matt
he has been thrown off every list he has been on and it was no leap.

I guess we have to repeat his nonsense again, talk about Einstein's quote..

Dennis
User avatar
By sg
#51745
We have a lot of people on this forum, who were guilty of being divisive on other lists/forums that do fine here and follow the rules, myself being guilty of this.

So everyone gets a 2nd chance on hg.org. The rules are posted, if broken, they will get a warning. It's up to them if they want to break the rules and be banned.

Otherwise, innocent until proven guilty :mrgreen:

Im well aware of this history. Let's see if everyone can play nice here or not.
User avatar
By sg
#51784
Wallaby and Cowboy Up hang gliding joined as instructors :thumbsup:
By FreeUSHGA
#53077
FormerFF wrote:
FreeUSHGA wrote:
HGXC wrote:
fly n mater wrote:SG, not to toss more work your way, but is there a place where we can see a list of instructors by state? I would like to tell a few people about this program.

The problem with a map is that puts the control in the prospects hands, now as a businessman i never want to wait for the next action, i want my salespeople to pounce on that lead. In this case we have instructors and if they are ever going to make a buck they need to be at least as aggressive going for that lead as they are on a XC going for the next thermal :mrgreen:

Hang Gliding meets Jack Welch :thumbsup:

Dennis

Jack Welch is the epitome of evil corporatism and USHPA suffers already from it's embrace of corporatism.

How can restricting information to prospective pilots be a good thing?

This is supposed to be a member's organization and as such should treat new and prospective pilots with the same respect as we would like for ourselves.

Warren
Warren, you should introduce yourself so that we can know where you're coming from.

Hi FormerFF,
A few people here know of me. Seems my reputation preceeds me.
As Mark Twain said, "The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated."

There is much exaggerated about me. I'm just someone who dreamed to fly like the next guy. It hasn't worked out too well the last few years.
Hopefully this can change.

I do have a few ideas about the future of hang gliding, if I can get past the misinformation and gatekeeping. A few people would prefer that I'm not allowed to speak. What happened to the free spirit of flight in that?

What is FormerFF?
By FreeUSHGA
#53348
FormerFF wrote: there was no call for your response, Dennis. And, that was quite a leap for you to decide he was
" either sucking off the Gov or a hypocrite or both. "
Matt
HGXC wrote:
he has been thrown off every list he has been on and it was no leap.
Dennis
Dennis, your statements are false, unsubstantiated and offensive personal attacks. They should be retracted with an apology if honest civility is the agenda of this site..

Warren
User avatar
By HGXC
#53354
FreeUSHGA wrote:
FormerFF wrote: there was no call for your response, Dennis. And, that was quite a leap for you to decide he was
" either sucking off the Gov or a hypocrite or both. "
Matt
HGXC wrote:
he has been thrown off every list he has been on and it was no leap.
Dennis
Dennis, your statements are false, unsubstantiated and offensive personal attacks. They should be retracted with an apology if honest civility is the agenda of this site..

Warren

Warren you must have confused me with the Magic Wizard guy :mrgreen: , Can you prove these are false statements? For example, you used to rip apart lawyers all the time when you forgot to read your contract in your past business with Jim, and then when you discovered something you didn't like you bad mouth lawyers. Then you threatened to sue the Wizard guy so I guess you like lawyers when you need one. Now in some circles that would be viewed as hypocrisy. :ahh:

Also i can think of at least three lists you have been thrown off and I haven't been keeping track lately. :rofl:

Dennis
By FreeUSHGA
#53366
HGXC wrote: Can you prove these are false statements?
Dennis
Yes I can ....
The question remains: Can you prove your assertions?
The onus is on you to do so.
Otherwise, it really makes you look bad.
As the old saw goes, put up or shut up.
Highest HG ramp in the alps

Some guys from our club built during last weeks wh[…]

goes 16 imagery

http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/data/geo/#/animation?sate[…]

A scary Launch

Thanks for your post. We all should seek out criti[…]

Hey kukailimoku2, I'm curious, what's the deal wit[…]