All things hang gliding. This is the main forum. New users, introduce yourself.

Moderators: sg, mods

So I only got to fly with Phil Once but it was the best flight of my life. It was at Makapuu in Hawaii. He was up there trying to do a tandem flight and I was flying a borrowed 195 Falcon. Thanks Dave Potter for the glider and only accepting a 6 pack of beer!!!!

The wind was only 4-10 MPH and barely soarable. Not safe for a tandem so Phil Decides to fly solo instead. I followed him off launch. We're scratching around on floaters about 200 over. Next thing I know he disappears. I finally find him and he is way high benched up and soaring the leading edge of a cloud. At the time my home site was Point of the Mountain, Utah so I'm used to benching up. Was the most amazing thing ever. Phil got up and over the cloud. I was a little more conservative as I was not a local and just played around out front. Was pretty amazing. :)

RIP Phil and thanks for showing me the way
This was on Facebook. Really cool video. Especially like the Buzz's T Shirt at the end. Awesome place to grab a drink and eat right across from Kailua beach park not far from Makapuu. My favorite place to go after the rare surf session in kailua. I'll have a Margarita in honor of Phil next time I'm there. :thumbsup:

https://vimeo.com/354732445?fbclid=IwAR ... nql7KUfe3Y