Post your videos as file attachments here. One video per topic please!

Moderators: sg, mods

2:48hrs of technique work in my Tenax 3 (butt-lever pitch adj) in plenty of turbulence and 42 miles of nice touring over mountains, suburbs and industrial areas!

[youtube]
[/youtube]

The big story of the day was Mitch Riley, who will compete in this year's X-Alps setting a new PG site record of 102 miles in just over 7 hours. His was an extremely difficult flight that took nearly 3 hours to really get going. https://www.xcontest.org/world/en/fligh ... 2017/18:53
Attachments
2017-04-19 Crestline JD.jpg
2017-04-19 Crestline JD.jpg (2.59 MiB) Viewed 182 times
By remmoore
Your speaker system wasn't as clear as usual, but I think you said Sycamore Ridge was that lower ridge at the freeway intersection and the mouth of the pass.

Looking down, there's a lot of open area, but not easy to tell how much of it is landable/retrievable. What are the river/drainage areas like? how many of the open areas have chain-link fencing? Not always easy to tell from the air, but I bet you've scoped them out from the ground - I know I would.

RM
By NMERider
remmoore wrote:Your speaker system wasn't as clear as usual, but I think you said Sycamore Ridge was that lower ridge at the freeway intersection and the mouth of the pass.

Looking down, there's a lot of open area, but not easy to tell how much of it is landable/retrievable. What are the river/drainage areas like? how many of the open areas have chain-link fencing? Not always easy to tell from the air, but I bet you've scoped them out from the ground - I know I would.

RM
Pilot X,
I moved the audio recording setup inside the sail for cleaner wind noise and less distraction. Eventually I will put it back for better voice. Most of the open area is dangerous to land on. Lots of poor surface texture, boulders, tall plants, and other hazards. It's best to walk any prospective LZ first.
Alternately, but doing Perfect Circles in the sky everything will turn out just wonderful.

Cheers, JD :wink: :lol:
By remmoore
NMERider wrote:...but doing Perfect Circles in the sky everything will turn out just wonderful.
I heard that if the circles are truly perfect, unicorns will arrive on rainbows and gently deposit you on a pink cloud of fluff.

RM
By NMERider
remmoore wrote:
NMERider wrote:...but doing Perfect Circles in the sky everything will turn out just wonderful.
I heard that if the circles are truly perfect, unicorns will arrive on rainbows and gently deposit you on a pink cloud of fluff.
And in all modesty, the sport of hang gliding will live happily ever after thanks in no small part to my selfless efforts and viral marketing by the community. :roll:
By Lucky_Chevy
Thanks for posting. How do you like the pitch adjustment system in your Tennax 3?
By NMERider
Lucky_Chevy wrote:Thanks for posting. How do you like the pitch adjustment system in your Tennax 3?
My Tenax 3 came with a kick ass pitch adjuster which failed at least 6 times in flight. A real piece of garbage. I rebuilt or corrected every single component and now it's great. I've gotten many horror stories and complaints from other owners with similar complaints plus more while many other pilots have been happy. The Tenax 4 seems to have corrected everything wrong with the 3. I don't own one and won't swear to it. Harnesses are a major bone of contention in this sport. Sadly.

Anyhow I'd suggest getting the friction pitch system. Pilots seem generally happy with those.

Great footage! But man, that slow-mo was really ki[…]

Campers, Has anybody seen the ElectraFlyer? (No r[…]

The only learning curve I found was everything hap[…]

Some Fall Color in SoCal

Friday 2017.11.17 at Crestline.... http://www.you[…]