Post your videos as file attachments here. One video per topic please!

Moderators: sg, mods

By Baitrunner
@11:25 - :lol:

at launch, how are you holding your cocoon out of the way for your run? - i'm struggling with mine.
By NMERider
Baitrunner wrote:@11:25 - :lol:

at launch, how are you holding your cocoon out of the way for your run? - i'm struggling with mine.
Glad you enjoyed the live narration. :lol:
I have a loop of webbing sewn to the middle of the tip of the harness boot and about 2' of VG rope attached to the loop. There are a few knots in the boot rope for grip. I always use my left hand to hold it. This also prevents wear on the harness when I'm walking around.
BTW, this LZ slopes downhill at 15:1 making no-wind llandings extra fun. :wink:
By AIRTHUG
NMERider wrote: BTW, this LZ slopes downhill at 15:1 making no-wind llandings extra fun. :wink:
If it's no wind... why land down the hill? :rofl:
By NMERider
AIRTHUG wrote:
NMERider wrote: BTW, this LZ slopes downhill at 15:1 making no-wind llandings extra fun. :wink:
Because I can! :P :lol:
Gotta love the X/C potential of the Falcon 4 195. :thumbsup:
By ng
That was fun.

I really liked being able to hear the vario beep.

Thanks for the ride along.
By DAVE 858
AIRTHUG wrote:
We get it, nobody will ever be as good as you. Now heed your own advise & shut up & fly.
By Comet
AIRTHUG wrote: If it's no wind... why land down the hill?
Excellent advice Ryan, but I'm not sure he even had enough altitude to do a 180 back up the hill.
ng wrote: I really liked being able to hear the vario beep.
The sink alarm was pretty annoying. I set my threshold at 800-down t avoid the noise.
By AIRTHUG
Comet wrote:
Excellent advice Ryan, but I'm not sure he even had enough altitude to do a 180 back up the hill.
And who's fault was that? Much can be learned, watching Jonno-vids... but it often requires reading between the lines a little.

Like here- we can learn about intending to get to your selected LZ higher than you need, because hey, things don't always go as ya planned. And, reading his comment above about how it can be tricky landing downhill- and the followup quoted above about not having altitude to set up differently- we can observe how we... ALL OF US... are humans that can get caught in fallible logic. Even when intending to he hyper dillegent regarding safety, and highly analytical after each flight with where we could improve... it's easy to get distracted by one thing (in this case, the sloped LZ) and miss a bigger thing (not ensuring enough altitude to set up a safer landing).

And before Jono gets all twisted again... I want to be clear I very much include myself in this. I have a carefully selected number of pilots I trust intimately, and I seek "checks and balances" from these individuals often. Our community, as friendly and well-meaning as it is, can be a pretty unreliable source for accurate, critical information. Look at this forum for example... there is good stuff... but who can tell the good stuff from the (well intentioned) bad advice? Or some kind of personal somethingerothers (I don't even know you DAVE 858?!?!)
By NMERider
Comet wrote:
Excellent advice Ryan, but I'm not sure he even had enough altitude to do a 180 back up the hill....
I actually landed into the prevailing wind. However, there was thermal activity and the flags in the LZ kept switching direction. I had my drag chute ready to deploy in case I needed an air brake. You can see me reach back and touch it when I was at the point where I needed to decide whether I'd be able to land okay without it. I determined that I could handle it even with a light 90 deg crosswind from the left. The conservative way to land here is across the LZ so the runway is level. It simply requires a long walk to breakdown area. Sorry about the irritating sink alarm but like Wonderboy said, it's a motivator to find lift or avoid sink.
By NMERider
ng wrote:That was fun.

I really liked being able to hear the vario beep.

Thanks for the ride along.
You're welcome. Wait until I get Thursday's 1:55hr flight edited and uploaded. Lots of in-flight commentary and flight sounds. :thumbsup:
By once&future
Brings back memories of my first flight from the E nearly 35 years ago. Similar wretched glide sled path - but in a Duck. I'll let those of you who remember the Duck imagine the landing. I think you can still hear the echoes.
By NMERider
once&future wrote:Brings back memories of my first flight from the E nearly 35 years ago. Similar wretched glide sled path - but in a Duck. I'll let those of you who remember the Duck imagine the landing. I think you can still hear the echoes.
I was away during the reign of the Duck but I've seen videos of the way its nose pitches over when otherwise competent pilots try to flare it to a stop. :punch:
By Eteamjack
once&future wrote:Brings back memories of my first flight from the E nearly 35 years ago. Similar wretched glide sled path - but in a Duck. I'll let those of you who remember the Duck imagine the landing. I think you can still hear the echoes.
Whack Whack WhAck sounds a Duck makes?
By Roadrunner
Jonathan, while you and I have not mt. We both know Pilot-X. He says hat you are a: {GOOD GUY} So, why don't you hook up with us if and when you eve get up this way? CCMCK@GOLDSTATE.NET. 925-497-1059. I have a Predator 158 that you could fly. You, Pilot X and I could go to Mount Diablo and do some X-C flying. Well Jonathan think about my offer. Good By The Big Guy . See Ya.
By NMERider
Roadrunner wrote:Jonathan, while you and I have not mt. We both know Pilot-X. He says hat you are a: {GOOD GUY} So, why don't you hook up with us if and when you eve get up this way? CCMCK@GOLDSTATE.NET. 925-497-1059. I have a Predator 158 that you could fly. You, Pilot X and I could go to Mount Diablo and do some X-C flying. Well Jonathan think about my offer. Good By The Big Guy . See Ya.
Thanks for your generous offer to let me be the first ever to whack at the Juniper LZ and on your Predator no less. :P :lol:
By tizon
as always, another great video, Thanks!