.

.

Post your videos as file attachments here. One video per topic please!

Moderators: sg, mods

User avatar
By Baitrunner
#396046
@11:25 - :lol:

at launch, how are you holding your cocoon out of the way for your run? - i'm struggling with mine.
User avatar
By NMERider
#396047
Baitrunner wrote:@11:25 - :lol:

at launch, how are you holding your cocoon out of the way for your run? - i'm struggling with mine.
Glad you enjoyed the live narration. :lol:
I have a loop of webbing sewn to the middle of the tip of the harness boot and about 2' of VG rope attached to the loop. There are a few knots in the boot rope for grip. I always use my left hand to hold it. This also prevents wear on the harness when I'm walking around.
BTW, this LZ slopes downhill at 15:1 making no-wind llandings extra fun. :wink:
User avatar
By AIRTHUG
#396050
NMERider wrote: BTW, this LZ slopes downhill at 15:1 making no-wind llandings extra fun. :wink:
If it's no wind... why land down the hill? :rofl:
User avatar
By NMERider
#396052
AIRTHUG wrote:
NMERider wrote: BTW, this LZ slopes downhill at 15:1 making no-wind llandings extra fun. :wink:
If it's no wind... why land down the hill? :rofl:
Because I can! :P :lol:
Gotta love the X/C potential of the Falcon 4 195. :thumbsup:
User avatar
By ng
#396060
That was fun.

I really liked being able to hear the vario beep.

Thanks for the ride along.
User avatar
By DAVE 858
#396061
AIRTHUG wrote:
NMERider wrote: BTW, this LZ slopes downhill at 15:1 making no-wind llandings extra fun. :wink:
If it's no wind... why land down the hill? :rofl:
We get it, nobody will ever be as good as you. Now heed your own advise & shut up & fly.
By Comet
#396064
AIRTHUG wrote: If it's no wind... why land down the hill?
Excellent advice Ryan, but I'm not sure he even had enough altitude to do a 180 back up the hill.
ng wrote: I really liked being able to hear the vario beep.
The sink alarm was pretty annoying. I set my threshold at 800-down t avoid the noise.
User avatar
By AIRTHUG
#396069
Comet wrote:
AIRTHUG wrote: If it's no wind... why land down the hill?
Excellent advice Ryan, but I'm not sure he even had enough altitude to do a 180 back up the hill.
And who's fault was that? Much can be learned, watching Jonno-vids... but it often requires reading between the lines a little.

Like here- we can learn about intending to get to your selected LZ higher than you need, because hey, things don't always go as ya planned. And, reading his comment above about how it can be tricky landing downhill- and the followup quoted above about not having altitude to set up differently- we can observe how we... ALL OF US... are humans that can get caught in fallible logic. Even when intending to he hyper dillegent regarding safety, and highly analytical after each flight with where we could improve... it's easy to get distracted by one thing (in this case, the sloped LZ) and miss a bigger thing (not ensuring enough altitude to set up a safer landing).

And before Jono gets all twisted again... I want to be clear I very much include myself in this. I have a carefully selected number of pilots I trust intimately, and I seek "checks and balances" from these individuals often. Our community, as friendly and well-meaning as it is, can be a pretty unreliable source for accurate, critical information. Look at this forum for example... there is good stuff... but who can tell the good stuff from the (well intentioned) bad advice? Or some kind of personal somethingerothers (I don't even know you DAVE 858?!?!)
User avatar
By NMERider
#396072
Comet wrote:
AIRTHUG wrote: If it's no wind... why land down the hill?
Excellent advice Ryan, but I'm not sure he even had enough altitude to do a 180 back up the hill....
I actually landed into the prevailing wind. However, there was thermal activity and the flags in the LZ kept switching direction. I had my drag chute ready to deploy in case I needed an air brake. You can see me reach back and touch it when I was at the point where I needed to decide whether I'd be able to land okay without it. I determined that I could handle it even with a light 90 deg crosswind from the left. The conservative way to land here is across the LZ so the runway is level. It simply requires a long walk to breakdown area. Sorry about the irritating sink alarm but like Wonderboy said, it's a motivator to find lift or avoid sink.
User avatar
By NMERider
#396073
ng wrote:That was fun.

I really liked being able to hear the vario beep.

Thanks for the ride along.
You're welcome. Wait until I get Thursday's 1:55hr flight edited and uploaded. Lots of in-flight commentary and flight sounds. :thumbsup:
By once&future
#396074
Brings back memories of my first flight from the E nearly 35 years ago. Similar wretched glide sled path - but in a Duck. I'll let those of you who remember the Duck imagine the landing. I think you can still hear the echoes.
User avatar
By NMERider
#396076
once&future wrote:Brings back memories of my first flight from the E nearly 35 years ago. Similar wretched glide sled path - but in a Duck. I'll let those of you who remember the Duck imagine the landing. I think you can still hear the echoes.
I was away during the reign of the Duck but I've seen videos of the way its nose pitches over when otherwise competent pilots try to flare it to a stop. :punch:
User avatar
By Eteamjack
#396080
once&future wrote:Brings back memories of my first flight from the E nearly 35 years ago. Similar wretched glide sled path - but in a Duck. I'll let those of you who remember the Duck imagine the landing. I think you can still hear the echoes.
Whack Whack WhAck sounds a Duck makes?
By Roadrunner
#396093
Jonathan, while you and I have not mt. We both know Pilot-X. He says hat you are a: {GOOD GUY} So, why don't you hook up with us if and when you eve get up this way? CCMCK@GOLDSTATE.NET. 925-497-1059. I have a Predator 158 that you could fly. You, Pilot X and I could go to Mount Diablo and do some X-C flying. Well Jonathan think about my offer. Good By The Big Guy . See Ya.
User avatar
By NMERider
#396094
Roadrunner wrote:Jonathan, while you and I have not mt. We both know Pilot-X. He says hat you are a: {GOOD GUY} So, why don't you hook up with us if and when you eve get up this way? CCMCK@GOLDSTATE.NET. 925-497-1059. I have a Predator 158 that you could fly. You, Pilot X and I could go to Mount Diablo and do some X-C flying. Well Jonathan think about my offer. Good By The Big Guy . See Ya.
Thanks for your generous offer to let me be the first ever to whack at the Juniper LZ and on your Predator no less. :P :lol:
User avatar
By tizon
#396163
as always, another great video, Thanks!

Not real sure what "re-exported" them me[…]

Ride the Cloud

On the Devil's Dyke, a huge stone age earthwork ne[…]

Nice! Reminiscent of NMERider's flight video from […]

Questions on e-power

I am looking into e-power and have some questions […]