bigalgreen wrote:How much difference is there in performance between these glider?
Anyone who has flown all 3 that can comment please?
That's a broad question. I guess when you say "performance" you mean the glide ratio.
But, for non-competitive, recreational flying, there are other measures you might use to compare those three gliders. For example,
- complexity (# of sprogs, battens, etc.),
- resistance to corrosion (damn those Sport 2 luff lines),
- ease of de-rigging and packing up
- ease of landing,
- pilot friendliness (the "forgiveness" of the glider to dumb-ass inputs),
- rate of climb in lift,
- ease of catching and riding thermals,
- ease of unintentional damage (some gliders have to be rigged and de-rigged just right, or you'll bend something),
- level of physical demand while flying (some gliders can really tire you out),
- BSD factor (Big Swinging D*ick
) (hey boys, look what I'm flying....)
Anyone care to add any other measures by which a "useful" comparison between gliders can be made?