2%
North Wing
7%
Enterprise Wings
0%
Airwave
2%
By fly n mater
My first glider was a Pulse 14M, gawd I wish I had one still, then an Xtralite, then an MR700 and now a Falcon.

the Pulse was a dream to fly, tow, launch and land. Best dam overall glider I've had.

The Xtralite, a.k.a. Xtra-heavey, was okay. definately the stiffest glider I've owned.

The Lammie MR700 comes in 2nd to the Pulse in the overall fun thing and for every other catagory as well. Sweet glider. Got to loose some tonnage so I can get back on this glider.

The Falcon, well what can you say but its a Falcon. The only thing making it 3rd in the fun catagory is performance. But its great on those light, boaty days and puts out a wake that makes the PGs cringe when I go by them. :mrgreen:

Mater
By lostgriz
Wingspan34 wrote:Yes. Pre 1980, all sorts of basic rogallos were tucking. The simplest gliders of all the basic "Standard" rogallo wing, were known to go into what is called a "full luff dive". At times they would rotate past 90 degrees straight down. Defined tips tended to reduce that problem.

Now, you may be referring to the last 20 years. :mrgreen: If so, I can't think of any in the recent past. But then there's that Utube video of that glider apparently going divergent at that high mountain desert site somewhere in northern asia(?). It had a king post. But then that glider was supposed to have been improperly assembled.

But I would say that, in my experience, almost any glider CAN tuck/tumble, given the right (i.e. wrong) conditions. Nasty turbulence can cause ANY glider to go over.

IMHO - with this question, there's no such thing as "You can't get there from here". "There" being a tuck/tumble and "here" being a lower performance glider.

I was having a conversation at the training hill about tumbles a couple weeks ago. I am curious how often they happen in the modern era of hgs, during non aero flight? I understand that it can happen, but the answer I have gotten is that it really hasn't? At least nobody I talked to cold speak to the issue first hand,
By MRX
Flew before with Airwave, Willswing XC, Laminar MRX, but now the Aeros Combat L is price one with me. I love the handling, aldo you need to get used to far away speedbar in the termals, but once you`ve done it, it`s superb. Landing with no problem (using a droge chute),.
By FBickford
There is no option for Seedwings so I voted Aeros. Lucky I got into hang gliding after all the diving gliders and swingseats. I like all wings, but that doesn't mean I'll fly them.
I like the stories of "my first 360" especially.

This is a rough list of my flying progression so far.
harrier, supersport, harrier, K4, harrier, falcon, K4, litesport(demo), K4, horizon, topless Sensor (a really fun and predictable glider(I can go on and on))

Fred
By FBickford
An 8 year old topless that is in really good shape made by Bob Trampenau himself. He is currently making hang gliders at his shop.
By FBickford
I would like to see more about the euro models too. Fly the most with Aeros Combats.
By FBickford
Gold Country

Lake McLure

MLSR :mrgreen:
By FBickford
:surrender: don't believe everything you hear

I used to post all kinds of stuff on our website. Little did I know, people besides McLure pilots ended up reading crap I wrote. LINKS. My fault. And Davis, sorry for making fun of your butt crack while you were riding around on your bike at the fly-in. Didn't really help anything at all. What goes around comes around. Childish humor has it's place and time. Sorry

We all love hang gliding and drive ourselves to become better. Competing with each other and ourselves constantly is good until the feelings get hurt and people don't want to fly because they don't like someone. For a lot of people this sport is everything and when there is a disruption it's taken as a personal attack and is difficult to cope.

The SOCAL, NORCAL in my opinion has to go too. California isn't that big.
Losing hang gliding sites is the worst because once they're gone it's very hard to get them back. If ever.

buenos suerte
By noman
its no secret,i fly in my opinion the best rag wing out there ,a combat.Over a 15 mile glide with allot of people in tow the bird i was flying out flew them all except that dam atos,i could out climb him but he could out glide me,so it was a tossup.I won 3rd place in the open class that year at king.2001 king mt meet was my 1st and last time i competed so there thats my opinion :shock:
oh ya fbickford wares pink panties :shock:
Last edited by noman on Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By macwerk
HGXC wrote:... represents the most technological breakthroughs. :D :D :D
I woted La Mouette for the same reason :wink:
By Lobido
FBickford wrote:An 8 year old topless that is in really good shape made by Bob Trampenau himself. He is currently making hang gliders at his shop.
Any chance you might post some pictures?
By Scare!
Too bad there isn't an "anything BUT Moyes" option.

Yeah, the Predator (and even the TRX) should definitely be in there, and Enterprise Wings. Airwave too.
By Vrezh
Too bad there isn't an "anything BUT Moyes" option.

Why?
By ascaro
Hi everybody,guys!!!
I'm really glad to be here in this amazing website!!!
Wouldn't you mind if my english will not be always perfect,I hope you'll understand. 8)
I'm an italian pilot,aged 25,from Verona (NE of Italy),and after seven years of paragliding,from twice I'm one of your kind,thanks to my dad!!!
I voted Aeros,for me and my father fly two Combats L. His is the latest version,L 07. Great gliders!!! :mosh:
By noman
welcome to the cult of aeros,and you English is good.I love my glider,its a combat l and my mommy 2. :shock:
By ascaro
Hey Noman,can I ask you about your HG settings?
My Combat L14 is the standard version (full optionals except the carbon inserts into the airfoil). I do not fly in competition,but I've made some changes,anyhow.
Sprogs two degrees lower than standards,and the final parts of the wings at the latest of three holes.
I'm attached in the middle-hang point.
I'm really happy of my wing... So yours?
By noman
1-sprogs are 2 full turns lower than the factory setting720 degrees
2-washout tubes are 2 full turns lower than the factory setting 720 degrees
3-hang point is all the way forward
4- my bird was made in 2004

:shock:
By ascaro
Mine is 2005,my dad 2007. I was tryin'to have an idea of how Combat owners fly their machines. I also asked this thing at Rich Lovelace (British national pilot),and he told me his settings are not so different from mine,and yours,too.
It seems this gliders have a wide range of safety,if you use your brain. Thanks a lot!!! :thumbsup:
By noman
cool thanks for the info