All things hang gliding. This is the main forum. New users, introduce yourself.

Moderators: sg, mods

By miraclepieco
I'm preparing to discard my old Hang Gliding magazine collection dating from 1982 up. If anyone wants them or can suggest a better place than the recycle bin, let me know. They weigh about a hundred pounds, so shipping would be prohibitive.
By Harry
I leave my old magazines in waiting rooms and lounges of places I visit.

The local recreation center is a good option as it is visited by easily influenced young folks who might try hang gliding some day.
By lizzard
Are they available on line ?

Putting them up on line in some form would be a service to all flyers and the legacy will not be lost .

Its a pain to do but there are services who will do it at reasonable cost ..i will contrubute 50 usd to the cause it that helps .
Im sure there are afew other who see it like this as well.

Perhaps get a quote from an office service and you dont need them re assembled which will help with the scanning cost ...to pdf.
By DMarley
Harry wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:13 pm I leave my old magazines in waiting rooms and lounges of places I visit.

The local recreation center is a good option as it is visited by easily influenced young folks who might try hang gliding some day.
Excellent idea. Though, not much useful written content within the rags of the past few years (save for Dietch's and perhaps DPages' articles), but the pictures are nice and the paper is of the best quality. Someone may find them intriguing enough to explore further.
By Roadrunner71
I would love to see the Hang-Gliding Magazine Cartoon, where the Pilot standing in The L-Z Chastises his Dog For not remembering to bring the Glider bag with Him when he drove the Truck down to the L-Z. "Bad Dog, Bad Dog!
By Ken.de.Russy
I love this particularly because it captures the singlemindedness of our pursuit of flight. It's all about ME and my FLYING! The best dog in the world can actually drive the truck back down but this pilot faults this genius dog cause he forgot the fuckin bag. Talk about self absorbed!
Attachments
Bad Dog Comic.jpg
Bad Dog Comic.jpg (33.51 KiB) Viewed 3195 times
By Roadrunner71
i want to say to the creator Of that Dog the DRiver cartoon. I think that you are both a little bit twisted, and you are brilliant

And I also am not the only one that feels this way.