Post your videos as file attachments here. One video per topic please!

Moderators: sg, mods

Conditions were quiet when Rick and I got there. Shortly after some good dusties were kicking off. A bit of a struggle after launching.
Some blue holes to get though. Then... shade. It was in an area that at the time only had one cut field, everything else was tall.
Spent 40+ minutes scratching around before getting a climb.
Vario said I had the airport, this would be a 17+ mile final glide.
Very rewarding flight!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECCB3NzQVQs
Nice vid and great flight. My VR still surprises me sometimes with it's amazing glide. I look out ahead and think "Really? Can I do that?" the VR's response, "Yep!"

Do you ever catch any flack at these small airfields? There's one about 20 miles from my homesite, where they seem to think I'm not allowed to land there. I still do on occasion - sometimes its no problem; other times they give me a "warning" that there's a vague County ordinance against me landing there. I get the feeling they're FOS...

RM
remmoore wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:03 pm Nice vid and great flight. My VR still surprises me sometimes with it's amazing glide. I look out ahead and think "Really? Can I do that?" the VR's response, "Yep!"

Do you ever catch any flack at these small airfields? There's one about 20 miles from my homesite, where they seem to think I'm not allowed to land there. I still do on occasion - sometimes its no problem; other times they give me a "warning" that there's a vague County ordinance against me landing there. I get the feeling they're FOS...

RM
Thanks!
Yeah, when I topped out and it said I had it at 17 miles out, I was a little mis trusting.
When I got to the edge, it still said I had it by +800'. A bad crossing or sink over town I would be in trouble.
That's when I turned the camera on.
They have amazing performance.

Nope, they have all be very welcoming. The ones I use are legal for us to land at. (Wonder what ordnance you have at that one?)
Up in Canada there is one, the airport manager wants us to land there, gave us a card to call him and let him know so he could watch. Said we bring some entertainment to the boring days 8) :)