All things hang gliding. This is the main forum. New users, introduce yourself.

Moderators: sg, mods

By Alejandro
Good Morning

I do not know if this is the right place to ask this question.

I have lost the case where I kept the control bar, and through ebay or amazon I can not find covers with similar characteristics. I contacted the manufacturer of my hang glider (Airborne), but he asks me for 60$ for the case, it seems too much money ...

You can find a website where you can buy a case for the control bar, that is, a website that sells hang gliding accessories, protectors, etc.

Maybe I can use another similar option, which is not specifically a control bar cover.

Can you think of something?
By TjW
www.sailrite.com will show you how to make your own, and they sell everything you'd need.
I suspect if you buy a quality fabric and consider your time worth anything, it will be cheaper to pay the $60.
By Wonder Boy
Alejandro wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 4:58 am Good Morning

I do not know if this is the right place to ask this question.

I have lost the case where I kept the control bar, and through ebay or amazon I can not find covers with similar characteristics. I contacted the manufacturer of my hang glider (Airborne), but he asks me for 60$ for the case, it seems too much money ...

You can find a website where you can buy a case for the control bar, that is, a website that sells hang gliding accessories, protectors, etc.

Maybe I can use another similar option, which is not specifically a control bar cover.

Can you think of something?
What bar do you have alum or carbon? Are you in the states?
I can make you one for say $30 shipped
By red
Alejandro wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 4:58 amGood Morning
I do not know if this is the right place to ask this question. I have lost the case where I kept the control bar, and through ebay or amazon I can not find covers with similar characteristics. I contacted the manufacturer of my hang glider (Airborne), but he asks me for 60$ for the case, it seems too much money ...
Maybe I can use another similar option, which is not specifically a control bar cover. Can you think of something?
Alejandro,

If you need a basetube cover, go to any fabric shop, and take the basetube with you. Ask the salespeople for assistance. They will have the materials that will do the job. Sew up the bag, inside out, and when you turn the bag right-side out, it will look like professional work. Close the open end with a drawstring. The fabric workers can tell you how.

If you wish to completely cover the control bar, inside the glider bag, measure the length and circumference of the control bar assembly, and being somewhat generous with the circumference. (You can always sew it smaller, later, but sewing it bigger means starting from scratch.) Then proceed as above.

Use UV-proof (outdoors) upholstery thread for the sewing. Any home sewing machine can handle that thread, and it is too strong to break bare-handed. The fabric shops will have that thread.

Nothing complicated is needed. :mrgreen:
By miraclepieco
I have several factory control bar covers from multiple manufacturers I'll let you have cheap. PM me the size you need and I'll check my selection. Where are you located?