All FLPHG stuff goes here
By Odakyu-sen
The summer is drawing to an end here in the North Island of New Zealand. Yesterday I took my Mosquito NRG and Sport2 155 combination to the west coast beach of Kairiotahi and went for a couple of flights.
Two free-flyers on floaters bombed in the very light conditions. One very patient guy with a Moyes RX3.5 waited on launch for over hours before finally getting across the beach to the main ridge. (I didn't wait around to see how he got on.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CEdPeiDl_M
Odakyu-sen wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:31 pm The summer is drawing to an end here in the North Island of New Zealand. Yesterday I took my Mosquito NRG and Sport2 155 combination to the west coast beach of Kairiotahi and went for a couple of flights.
Two free-flyers on floaters bombed in the very light conditions. One very patient guy with a Moyes RX3.5 waited on launch for over hours before finally getting across the beach to the main ridge. (I didn't wait around to see how he got on.)

Ah Kariotahi what a grand place to have begun my hang Gliding career at oh about Twenty plus years ago. I could go on and on regarding those wonderful Kiwi Pilots. Man, did I have a great time! Their Summer is our Winter here in California. This was just perfect for to take to the air flying down in The New Zealand's prime time of year. Heck it might have been winter here in California. But down in New Zealand it was Summer!
By Odakyu-sen
raquo wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:06 am Man, what a majestic site you got there. Especially nice for an electric powered glider.
Brendan is working on his home-made electric harness. He is waiting for the other 4 batteries to turn up. His next steps will be big ones, as he runs along the sand to gain airspeed. ;-)