Funny/Friendly Off topic discussion. Fail this test and threads will be migrated to Way Off Topic.

Moderators: sg, mods

By red
Campers,

We have snow and cold here, so gather 'round the campfire, folks. It's Winter in the USA.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A fanciful tale,
(an analogy . . . )

So, you have worked your way up through the ranks, and fortune favors the bold. You have done well, in the military service of your nation. You now command a small task force of good fast ships, and you have no intention of returning to home port just because some basic supplies are running short, after an extended sea voyage.

In the middle of the southern ocean that you patrol, the radar crew has located a small island. There is almost nothing known about the place, but it is obvious even from a distance that this place has what you need, to continue with your current endeavors.

Scouting sorties have informed you that the island is inhabited by native clans with a pre-Bronze-Age culture. They have had no contact with the outside world for centuries. There is no real need to meet and negotiate with the clans, when it is quicker and easier to simply take whatever you need. Nobody on the island could stop you, and that's a fact. You have no wish to engage in any lengthy invasion or conquest of these people; you just need to acquire a few things.

The best weapons of the native clans are only bows and arrows. Now you are not a malicious commander. Rather than obliterating a few of their peaceful villages, you send out your acquisition teams on low-key raids. They avoid any major encounters, just taking what is needed, but they have expert sniper teams with them. Your sniper teams are strictly ordered to shoot and destroy only the bows of any natives at long range, but to avoid killing any of the people that your teams may meet. The natives won't know what really happened, but when each and every bow shatters in the hands of the hunters, they are terrified. The natives all agree that their best weapons are worthless against the shadowy figures who come and go in the night. The clan leader councils all agree that they will not oppose these strangers, and just hope for the best.

Life continues very much as before, on the island.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now we all know these next things are not real; they're just tales told by lonely folks who want to see their names in the newspapers. Right?

https://youtu.be/NO1HWPcNhTo?t=197
By red
bickford frederick wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:46 amAliens broke our nukes and saved earth?
Frederick,

I might doubt that, but your guess may be as good as mine. The launch sequences got started on some missiles, both in the US and USSR, which should not be possible on either side.
By bickford frederick
Oh, okay. Honestly I watched as much of the video as I could and didn't find it very entertaining.
By red
bickford frederick wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:51 pmOh, okay. Honestly I watched as much of the video as I could and didn't find it very entertaining.
Frederick,

Entertaining? You want entertainment? This video is the most courageous high-wire demonstration that I have seen lately! These military personnel risked their credibility, their careers, and maybe their retirement benefits, just to put what they saw happen in black-and-white, into the operational logs of strategic defense assets. Some of them, including the entire weapons crew of a Launch Control Facility, stood up at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C. to give the direct testimony seen in the video. They knew full well that they risked heavy fines and long prison sentences for revealing these incidents at various nuclear facilities. The military personnel assigned to such facilities are our elite warfighters, who take their deadly responsibilities very seriously. They are stable people, not given to fantasy. The same is true for anybody who put certain terms and phrases into any official correspondence. These people took extremely serious personal risks! Isn't that entertaining?

Maybe you were never any part of Scouting, or never went camping deep in the wilderness, but campfire stories are not intended to be entertaining. Campfire stories are intended to scare the socks off any reasonable human being. One should expect to have a sleepless night or two, as a result. Please re-read my original post here. How'd I do? :wink:
By Paul H
Those "elite warfighters" are some of the same group that have been busted for numerous infractions over the years, including drug use. So much for stability and not putting their careers on the line. Those of us who served in the military have seen all kinds of pure B.S. that has been entered into official reports and records. That doesn't make it true.
By red
Paul H wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:56 pmThose "elite warfighters" are some of the same group that have been busted for numerous infractions over the years, including drug use. So much for stability and not putting their careers on the line. Those of us who served in the military have seen all kinds of pure B.S. that has been entered into official reports and records. That doesn't make it true.
Paul H,

That doesn't make it all untrue, either. That's all you got? Granted, a few bad apples, misfits, and cheats may turn up in critical places at times. You heard about those few, only because they did not last long there. Do you really prefer to believe the strategic defense of the USA is entirely populated with fools and loonies, or that intelligent, respectable military personnel have seen and reported unexplainable things?

The video that I posted named over half a dozen SAC bases where incidents occurred, and when. At one point it reported that every U.S. missile base was "visited" over the years.

Saw an accidental comedy on TV once; a self-proclaimed "debunker" was sitting at an office desk, which was piled high with UFO books and reports from all over the planet. He said "If this UFO thing was real, there is no way that the U.S. Government could keep it a secret." Given the mountain of evidence standing in front of him, this guy needs to take a step back from his desk, look again, and consider what he just said.

For anybody considering an objective personal investigation of this subject, I would suggest that you might start with the "trace cases." These are the incidents where something unidentified was seen, which then left behind contaminated soil, broken or burnt trees, damaged property, higher levels of radioactivity, and other physical effects in their wake. The 1980 incident at RAF Woodbridge/ Rendlesham Forest/ RAF Bentwaters was investigated by the Deputy Commander of the base, and he saw what his security teams were reporting. Radioactivity and other traces were found.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ex-air-for ... ted-nukes/
By Charlie Romeo
Hi Red, i think this is my first campfire post....evening bbq"s and balmy nights this side of the equator,food for thought this ufo thing, and that crazy report just recently from Hawaii..who knows?
By bickford frederick
What resources would you be searching for on this southern ocean island? Coconuts? The bow and arrow wasn’t used in southern oceans. A quick wiki search says Australian continent didn’t even use a bow and arrow. They used other hunting weapons.

About UFO’s and US military I really don’t think this conspiracy has any validity. The video I won’t bother with watching again has too many holes. If the technology we have currently around Earth isn’t detecting anything today the odds of this government secret being factual is poor.

Yeah you’re a fool to trust the government and yeah there’s more more life out there in the Universe, but we humans are unique I’d say.