Post your videos as file attachments here. One video per topic please!

Moderators: sg, mods

By NMERider
Windlord wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:19 am Very nice Jonathan. Looked like some good fun. Raked tips, notice any difference?
Thanks Walt. The tips eliminate most of the glider's tendency to yaw -side-to-side. I can turn tighter and with less effort. I lowered the tips wands to compensate for the raked tips increasing pitch and roll pressure on both the Sport 2 and T2C. Both gliders are much more fun to fly with the tips. It's like cheating.
By dbotos
That landing was buttery smooth! Nice to see some off-glider footage. I've seen HG footage shot from a quadcopter and that was pretty slick with the ability to shoot from multiple angles in the air. Of course battery life and FAA regs are two big limitations there.
By NMERider
dbotos wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:16 pm That landing was buttery smooth! Nice to see some off-glider footage. I've seen HG footage shot from a quadcopter and that was pretty slick with the ability to shoot from multiple angles in the air. Of course battery life and FAA regs are two big limitations there.
I wish more than 1/10th of my landings looked like that. :rofl:
Long lens tripod shots are terrific when you have as many places to park along the ridgeline as we do at Crestline.
I need a better camera and just one driver/videographer to spend an afternoon on radio with me as I soar from one designated overlook to the next 15 miles along the ridge. There are so many great vantage points and the shots that are possible are mouth-watering good. I may have to but or rent a camera and lens to do this one justice. How about I get this one crowd-funded? Normally I don't ask for hand-outs but I'll make an exception for this project.

Being obsessed with X/C, it's too easy to neglect the joys of smooth soaring. I spend way too much time getting the snot beat out of me by mid-day turbulence.