All things hang gliding. This is the main forum. New users, introduce yourself.

Moderators: sg, mods

By FredClark
Newbie here. I'm glad to have found this great online hang gliding community. I'm hoping to learn more from the other members here. Cheers! :)
By blindrodie
Enjoy!

Thick skin, stiff upper lip, grain O' salt and all that... :twisted:

8)
By red
FredClark wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:21 amNewbie here. I'm glad to have found this great online hang gliding community. I'm hoping to learn more from the other members here. Cheers! :)
Fred,

Welcome to the pilots' evening campfire.

Pull up a seat, relax, and be among friends.

Grab a cold one from the cooler by the green tent.

:mrgreen:
By 426 Hemi
FredClark wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:21 am Newbie here. I'm glad to have found this great online hang gliding community. I'm hoping to learn more from the other members here. Cheers! :)
Welcome aboard Clark is it? So Clark I offer you my Predator 158 to Fly anytime you are here in the San Francisco Bay Area. Why Don't you contact e. We can Plan out a Flying Day? Good-By:Chris. CCMCK@GOLDSTATE.NET 925-497-1059 GOOD-BY CHRIS
By red
Fred,

Now I know, this motley crew would like to hear about your experiences, with any and all forms of flight.

Have you flown a hang glider yet? Got a dream to share? 8)
By Windlord
:welcome: Fred
When you get the opportunity, tell us a little about yourself.
Grab a cool one from Red's cooler and let's talk story.
By FredClark
Hello, everyone! Thank you all for the warm welcome. For now, I'm in the learning curve. Hoping to learn the basics before going for a spin. :)
By Saint Michael
FredClark wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:37 am Hello, everyone! Thank you all for the warm welcome. For now, I'm in the learning curve. Hoping to learn the basics before going for a spin. :)
Welcome Fred,

I'm in the same boat. Did my first tandem flight and now I'm working with my local flight school to start beginner classes
By red
FredClark wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:37 amHello, everyone! Thank you all for the warm welcome. For now, I'm in the learning curve. Hoping to learn the basics before going for a spin. :)
FredClark,

Now that's the approach that I can applaud. Mid-air is a very busy time to be figuring out the basics. 8)

http://www.hanggliding.org/wiki/Soaring ... imulator_:

Tandem HG instruction is also recommended, if you can manage that, but the full-glider HG Simulator is a reasonable and excellent ground school, prior to (or between) HG lessons.
By CalGlider
As the old pilot said in the movie Independence Day…”Hello boys…I’m back!”
Been gone so long my login was erased. I went through a divorce after 28 years of marriage (she got the paid off house & paid off car, I got the 5th wheel trailer, 46,000 of debt and my dog)…sounds like a fair settlement? Anyway, I am feeling better everyday now. I was heading for Oregon, but stopped at Crestline CA and never left (why leave paradise)? :goodidea:
Attachments
20161029_111317.jpg
20161029_111317.jpg (3.42 MiB) Viewed 1485 times
By Flyrigid
she got the paid off house & paid off car, I got the 5th wheel trailer, 46,000 of debt and my dog)…sounds like a fair settlement?

Read more: viewtopic.php?t=35627#ixzz52YvOwI2L
But you get to hang glide, and so came out of it the rich one.
Great to see/hear of you again, Andy- tell us a story!