Post your videos as file attachments here. One video per topic please!

Moderators: sg, mods

By red
Campers,

Not trying to cause anybody extra work, but I am looking for an existing video that captures the "essence" of HG in maybe five to ten minutes. It does not need to be you in the video, so pointing me at the "right" video (from any good source) would be good help, for me. A nice launch, interesting scenery, good feelings, and a reasonable landing would be what is needed. Loops, breakage, and deployments are not desired, but a little semi-radical flying might be okay here. Birds and a little glider traffic in the air will be welcome, too.

The payoff: Nothing much, really, just the bragging rights. :lol: The selected video(s) will get linked from my web page, and possibly more than one video. So, if you want to help to grow the sport, maybe here is your chance. No time limit; this request is open-ended. PMs are welcome, too. Thanks in advance for any help.
Robert,

Close, maybe in the running, but no cigar. As a non-flier, I would come away from that video with two big misconceptions.

Dang, I guess all there is in HG is competition. This is like all those sailplane creeps; they just want more people for them to beat in contests, and I might never get good enough to win anything. At least if I am skiing, I can just go have fun, everybody has a good time, and goes home smiling.

He said he never knows where he will land, maybe a long distance away. That does not sound good.

Personal note: I know some sailplane types won't like my impressions of sailplaning, but I call them like I see them. I have asked several outfits about sailplane lessons through the years. Every single conversation ended with contest flying, and how soon I would need to buy a bazillion-dollar 'glass ship to be competitive. Not happening, ya hear!?! . . . I fly for FUN.
:mrgreen:
By red
AIRTHUG wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:14 pmMade this one a long time ago (like... 8 years ago?! Holy $#$%^)
Ryan,

Tempus fugit. "Time flies" (especially when you're having fun). :lol:

HEY, it's definitely a contender! Nice wide spectrum of pilots, clear, and on target. Big views, good tunes.

Now, will Ryan Productions let me add a link to that video, from my web page? 8)
Nicos wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:35 amHere's one I did AGES ago, made it to win a state film competition (hence the historical references), which then took it to a bigger audience — its really something about fear and dreams... hang gliding is the metaphor.
Nicos,

That's a good one! I like the glider's reflection from the glassy lake below. Nice work!
dsk wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:06 pmNot a promotion video but has some informative content about the sport. I did not make this. Hope it helps.
DSK,

Informative, and not too technical. I like the helpful pilot, pulling zippers, pulling a rib; exactly the guy that I'd want any "possible pilot" to find on the site.

And hey, "We're just fiddlin' around, here." . . . :lol:
By red
MIK wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:18 pmdon't know if this one fits your needs...
youtu.be/G0YzlKZXdig
MIK,

Good bunch of flying you got there, so it's definitely in the running . . .
There are a coupla little hiccups in there that could have been skipped,
but no problem, really.

Thanks for your help, it is appreciated.
By red
Bateleur wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:34 am Slightly old one, but this is a good one from South Africa- ht tps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwBVSOsCjdQ&t=7s
Bateleur,

Excellent! No need for a carbon fiber spaceship, to have a great time.
Just the ticket, to get airborne! 8)
This is not an "entry" video, but it's the video that made me want to sign up for hang gliding. At that time I was in school, had no money and no time. So I signed up for lessons much later. But this was, for me, the "wow, I want to do this" video.

This is not a "how a hang glider works" video or a "how to get started" video. It is a "hang gliding is awesome and a lot of fun" video, period.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KITzUrOTi_o
By red
pec1985 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:43 pmThis is not an "entry" video, but it's the video that made me want to sign up for hang gliding. At that time I was in school, had no money and no time. So I signed up for lessons much later. But this was, for me, the "wow, I want to do this" video. This is not a "how a hang glider works" video or a "how to get started" video. It is a "hang gliding is awesome and a lot of fun" video, period.
ht_tps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KITzUrOTi_o
Pec,

Right, not quite what I wanted, but I certainly do have a place for it, in a different part of my web page.
https://user.xmission.com/~red/#lt
It's been linked there, since forever. :) I like that the video is now on YouTube, instead of that silly Myspace site. I will change my link to YouTube. Win-win. Thanks.
By red
Campers,

Okay, I added the new video links to my web page. Many thanks to the contributors, so far.

If your browser caches the sites that you visit, just click on the [Reload/Refresh]
button when viewing my site, to see the latest version.

Still accepting more video recommendations here, no time limits.
kan-glider wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:48 pmRed;
Here are a couple videos by an acquaintance who watched us a few times last spring. The slow motion and music in these videos are appealing to me and convey the beauty, peace, and wonder that I experience quite often when hang gliding.
ht_tps://youtu.be/iwjtHq0rOJk
ht_tps://youtu.be/lj9nP3j4VnE
Doug
Doug,

Hey, I was just thinking, maybe we need some flat-land flying, too. The slow-motion looks like a dream, no doubt, but for now, I think normal-speed videos are the right stuff. I would not want to lead any wannabe pilots astray. :lol: It would be good here if the slow-mo finished with the same footage again, running as a repeat at normal speed.

Got some more towing videos there?