Post your videos as file attachments here. One video per topic please!

Moderators: sg, mods

I simply cut-and-pasted the YouTube video link into the body of my post. I can see the YouTube video start screen and START button on my post, so it all looks good.
Is there a problem? If so, could someone quickly explain how to properly embed video links, or point me to the HELP section of this site that will show me what to do? (I know that it's not difficult.)
The old format didn't require me to disable my browser's tracking protection. That means that this site is somehow tracking me and placing unneeded cookies in my cookie jar. What's with the adverts? This forum is beginning to look like every other WP and yahoo site. Just wonderful. So is SG now collecting information on us so that he can sell it?
SG,
Just saying that I did not need to disable my tracking protection to view everything (photos, vids, etc) on the old .org site and was surprised to see that I had to disable tracking protection to access the vid links on this new site.
I know what I know, but there's a lot that I don't. Just telling you what my experience with this new site is.
I do not like to disable my tracking protection. And perhaps I will not.
It's your forum.
I don't have to be here.
Thanks for your hard work.
I am using FireFox browser. Their web site states:
Do Not Track is a step toward putting you in control of the way your information is collected and used online. Do Not Track is a feature in Firefox that allows you to let a website know you would like to opt-out of third-party tracking for purposes including behavioral advertising. It does this by transmitting a Do Not Track HTTP header every time your data is requested from the Web.

You will still see ads with Do Not Track enabled. However, Do Not Track may change the type of ads you see. For example, behavioral ads are targeted to your interests based on the websites you visit and the search terms you use. If you request that websites Do Not Track you, and the sites respect your privacy preferences, you will see more generic ads in place of behavioral ads.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/dnt/

Companies are starting to support Do Not Track, but you may not notice any changes initially. We are actively working with companies that have started to implement Do Not Track, with others who have committed to doing so soon.

The Do-Not-Track feature, as far as I can tell, disables web sites from storing and retrieving cookies. I do not believe the old HG.org site used cookies in the way that this new site does. Obviously, you (SG) are not privy to these cookies or the information that they are gathering. As I believe you stated before, this is a WordPress forum, so WP is most likely implementing these cookies.
SG,
When I have the Tracking Protection on, I cannot access the posted vids, and most of the time I cannot see photos that are posted. This is not only on this new .org site, but on other sites as well. I am able to access these vids and photos after I disable the Tracking Protection. For some unknown reason, this did not happen within the old .org site. I could have the tracking protection on and access everything.