[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php on line 264: mysqli_fetch_assoc(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php on line 326: mysqli_free_result(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4149: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3027)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4149: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3027)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php on line 264: mysqli_fetch_assoc(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php on line 326: mysqli_free_result(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result
Let's All Use Instagram for Hang Gliding Marketing! - Hang Gliding Org
All things hang gliding. This is the main forum. New users, introduce yourself.

Moderators: sg, mods

Hey guys. I've recently started working with Wills Wing, helping out with their social media, marketing, promotion etc. My main focus has been on Instagram and promoting hang gliding in general as well as the Wills Wing brand.

Promoting hang gliding in general is where you (all of us) come in. Instagram is a great platform for sharing our sport between each other as well as reaching a wider audience. Instagram is virtual networking that actually can turn into real work networking. I have made several contacts, sold actual products and even got to be an extra in a Snoop Dogg music video because of Instagram! True story! Some stats:

#17 website worldwide
600 million users
90% of users are under 35

Instagram is quick, easy, fun, free and actually effective marketing but in order to be effective there are a few tricks to know. I made a tutorial video to help you out.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNQclckrYj8[/youtube]

I expect there will be some reluctance to signing up for yet another social media platform. I get it and I was super reluctant to sign up myself several years ago. I dragged myself kicking and screaming into it and I'm super glad I did. So, I totally get it if there is some push back. Trust me though, it will be worth it but we all have to work together.

Here's my list of recommended hashtags:

#hanggliding #flying #willswing #freeflight #flying #aviation #HangGlide #hangglider #glider #aviationphotography #soaring #thermals #modernoutdoorsman

#lifeofadventure #getoutstayout #liveauthentic #givesuwings #goproflight

Also include location specific, so for Crestline/Andy Jackson Airpark

#Crestline #marshall #andyjacksonairpark #ajx #CSUSB #sanbernardinomountains

If you are already on Instagram, great! Share your username so we can follow each other. I'm @dfocus_dave and @willswing

If you have any questions, need help or have any suggestions, let me know!
By Jason
I believe you are already following me.

I just scrolled thru my feed, and theres only 2 HG posts in there.....I can change that and will
By Jason
I added #childhooddream after coming across this photo of me as a much younger nugget in a pretty cool sweat suit

that way cool fun photos show up in a sea of boring ass s---.
Attachments
14720486_10104294228224044_4332577705387434645_n.jpg
14720486_10104294228224044_4332577705387434645_n.jpg (72.32 KiB) Viewed 2850 times
By designbydave
Yep saw you on there Jason. Cool thanks for helping out!

#childhooddream - great idea!
By WA6BD
Hey Dave, thanks for the thought n leading the charge!
By DAVE 858
This is a good idea. I think Im going to do it.
By designbydave
Glad to have you guys on board! I'm already seeing more content so keep it up!

Don't forget to share your screen names here so we can follow each other

@dfocus_dave

@willswing

Once we get a good handle on Instagram we can work on moving to other platforms as well.
By WA6BD
kewl beans!

@professormoonbeam
By designbydave
I'm starting to see a lot more action! Keep it up! Thanks so much to everyone that is helping out. It's cool to see a bunch of hang gliding content in my Instagram feed.
By Jason
designbydave wrote:I'm starting to see a lot more action! Keep it up! Thanks so much to everyone that is helping out. It's cool to see a bunch of hang gliding content in my Instagram feed.
and with spring around the corner.....the flying will increase

I just flew yesterday at the local site for the first time in probably 6 months......next week might be my last week of skiing......and that means more flying

@jbohawk
By DBrose
https://www.instagram.com/p/BQo4CXPDXQ7/ I have been doing this for a little while. I changed some things on my front page to reflect a little positive HG vibe. I don't really post onto YouTube very often because I've seen my numbers dwindling in views. I noticed people like to watch a :45 second clip over a 4min video.
By designbydave
Jason wrote: and with spring around the corner.....the flying will increase

@jbohawk
Yep yep :thumbsup:
By designbydave
DBrose wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/BQo4CXPDXQ7/ I have been doing this for a little while. I changed some things on my front page to reflect a little positive HG vibe. I don't really post onto YouTube very often because I've seen my numbers dwindling in views. I noticed people like to watch a :45 second clip over a 4min video.
You're doing a great job keep it up! Instagram is great for hang gliding video "highlight" clips like you've been positing.
By designbydave
#hanggliding - 40,806 posts

#paragliding - 558,634 posts

Let's get on it!
By designbydave
I'm seeing a lot of great activity on there. Keep it up guys!

Here's an example of an Instagram post I put up for my friend Dusty's Rhode's tandem business. He had a couple that wanted to fly together for their anniversary. Had I been thinking ahead, I could have gotten their Instagram accounts (assuming they had them) and tagged them in the post. Next time

https://www.instagram.com/p/BR934OgDECA ... focus_dave
By designbydave
You guys are kicking ass keep it up!

One tip I might not have mentioned: Most of the newer GoPros have WiFi built in which you can use to connect to your phone via their app called "Capture." You can use that to pull video clips and images from the camera and directly to Instagram. Quick and easy way to get in flight images and videos to Instagram without needing a computer. I just upgraded to a Hero 4 Black so I can use this feature.