All things hang gliding. This is the main forum. New users, introduce yourself.

Moderators: sg, mods

By Nicos
That's the thing about helis... just one little thing goes wrong and boom. I'm amazed the thing didn't spin when the tail went out — dang :(

RIP, better than dying like most people, slowly in a hospital with little dignity.
By Eteamjack
Ouch Rip
By flybop
That was heart wrenching. My life was saved by a medi vac helicopter crew. Whenever I hear of one of these heroes going down it really hits home.
By DAVE 858
Tail rotor gearbox failure? That was gnarly.
By miraclepieco
Okay, hot air balloons are on my "never fly" list, and now helicopters.
By nevillestyke
The tail rotor got hooked up on the ground wire so spinning was reduced but the wire most likely got pulled into the rotor disc and destroyed the main blades.

By ChattaroyMan
I'm all for banning wires through the air in our country. Put them underground. With more helicopters and now more drones .... wires through the air should be 19th Century. They are not only dangerous to air traffic they are way too susceptible to storm damage and resulting power outages, fires, electrocutions, etc. They waist one heck of a lot of space as well.
By dayhead
ChattaroyMan wrote:I'm all for banning wires through the air in our country. Put them underground. With more helicopters and now more drones .... wires through the air should be 19th Century. They are not only dangerous to air traffic they are way too susceptible to storm damage and resulting power outages, fires, electrocutions, etc. They waist one heck of a lot of space as well.
I'm with you on this but I'm sure it ain't never gonna happen, except maybe here and there on a small scale.
By designbydave
Almost everyone, when filming an incident, drops the camera as the action is happening. It's a strange reflex that almost everyone, even experienced camera operators like myself exhibit.
By nevillestyke
When filming hanglider incidents, I've found that I have to drop the camera to be able to grab the nose wires.
By Toomb
ChattaroyMan wrote:I'm all for banning wires through the air in our country. Put them underground. With more helicopters and now more drones .... wires through the air should be 19th Century. They are not only dangerous to air traffic they are way too susceptible to storm damage and resulting power outages, fires, electrocutions, etc. They waist one heck of a lot of space as well.
Now that would be an infrastructure stimulous package.........

Campers, Has anybody seen the ElectraFlyer? (No r[…]

The only learning curve I found was everything hap[…]

Deserves a go,mates. https://www.youtube.com/watch[…]

Some Fall Color in SoCal

Friday 2017.11.17 at Crestline.... http://www.you[…]