Polling threads

Moderators: sg, mods

By blindrodie
I just guess it would be nice to read that he's gotten past all of this. Again thanks for putting this all out here to read.

8)
By Windlord
:thumbsup: Good luck to Manfred and Skypoint. Wish them the best. :thumbsup:
By NMERider
blindrodie wrote:I just guess it would be nice to read that he's gotten past all of this. Again thanks for putting this all out here to read.

8)
I'm pretty sure that somebody owes Bob a lot of money. AFAIK this isn't personal. It's business. I'm sure if you collect on Bob's behalf and he's repaid with interest what he's owed then he'll have 'gotten past all of this'.
By Istvan_Sz
NMERider wrote: I'm pretty sure that somebody owes Bob a lot of money. AFAIK this isn't personal. It's business. I'm sure if you collect on Bob's behalf and he's repaid with interest what he's owed then he'll have 'gotten past all of this'.
Out of curiosity...
....how is "somebody" owing Bob alot of money?
I just had industrial economics in collage, so please, enlight me.

Seedwings EU made the Sensor 611 until 1993?
After that, own developed models, why is should "sombody" own Bob money?
By NMERider
Istvan_Sz wrote:
NMERider wrote: I'm pretty sure that somebody owes Bob a lot of money. AFAIK this isn't personal. It's business. I'm sure if you collect on Bob's behalf and he's repaid with interest what he's owed then he'll have 'gotten past all of this'.
Out of curiosity...
....how is "somebody" owing Bob alot of money?
I just had industrial economics in collage, so please, enlight me....
"a lot of money" = The relative marginal utility of a given sum of money unique to an individual and based exclusively upon said individual's financial status and economic circumstances.

That being said, I meet people begging on the streets to whom $10.00 USD is "a lot of money" and have known folks worth staggering sums to whom $1M USD is not such a big deal. If memory serves me correctly, Bob licensed his brand and his designs for which he was never compensated. I recall Bob indicating to me that while he had acted in good faith and delivered as promised while the other party failed to uphold their part of the bargain. I seem to recall someone having published copies of documentation relating to the deal but cannot recall where to find it.

In any event, my response was to the proposal of Bob having "gotten past all of this" and my answer is: Why should he, or anyone else for that matter? I don't know many people in this sport who easily forgive getting shafted but I do know many who will never forgive or forget financial transgressions. Next time I talk to Bob I will ask him what the status is of his licensing agreement and whether or not all parties have been satisfied.
By Istvan_Sz
NMERider wrote:
"a lot of money" = The relative marginal utility of a given sum of money unique to an individual and based exclusively upon said individual's financial status and economic circumstances.

That being said, I meet people begging on the streets to whom $10.00 USD is "a lot of money" and have known folks worth staggering sums to whom $1M USD is not such a big deal. If memory serves me correctly, Bob licensed his brand and his designs for which he was never compensated. I recall Bob indicating to me that while he had acted in good faith and delivered as promised while the other party failed to uphold their part of the bargain. I seem to recall someone having published copies of documentation relating to the deal but cannot recall where to find it.

In any event, my response was to the proposal of Bob having "gotten past all of this" and my answer is: Why should he, or anyone else for that matter? I don't know many people in this sport who easily forgive getting shafted but I do know many who will never forgive or forget financial transgressions. Next time I talk to Bob I will ask him what the status is of his licensing agreement and whether or not all parties have been satisfied.
Yeah, I know, and I´ve read persons claiming the opposite on this thread, we´re not going to get an answer of Seedwings EU and Seedwings USA VS thing.

The point I was making is that Skypoint is a new comapny making models of Seedwings EU gliders, models not developed by Bob. :)
By NMERider
Istvan_Sz wrote:....Yeah, I know, and I´ve read persons claiming the opposite on this thread, we´re not going to get an answer of Seedwings EU and Seedwings USA VS thing.

The point I was making is that Skypoint is a new comapny making models of Seedwings EU gliders, models not developed by Bob. :)
And I'm glad to hear this. In any event there seem to be many pilots who really like their Manfred Bangheri gliders regardless of the brand name and that sail shop does great looking work too. I hate to see HG manufacturers go under. There are too few left as it is. I hope his new endeavor works out to everyone's benefit. :thumbsup: