Funny/Friendly Off topic discussion. Fail this test and threads will be migrated to Way Off Topic.

Moderators: sg, mods

Can you name 1 or more soilders that has died in the Iraq war

yes
40%
no
60%
By Jason
I have been in an argument with someone so I am just going to ask a question, you don't have to answer with a name or anything as it could be very personal, just a yes or no in the poll would be enough

note- Pat Tillman was killed in Afghanistan
By knumbknuts
Nup,

Just read an article about the Medal of Honor winner today.

My memory is teh suk.
By Naranek
Nope, but then again I know very few Americans at all.
By Radwhacker
I'm sitting at my 'puter at 2:30 am stuffed to the gills with cold medicine so forgive the rambling...

U.S. population = 300,000,000
U.S. Iraq Fatalities = 3,000

= 1 fatality per 100,000 (.00001 %)

Pretty low odds of knowing someone personally. I tried to come up with a figure on the average number of people the average person knows - what maybe @ 1,000? (lifetime) - (I'm horrible at math but does that decrease the odds to 1 in 100?

There are probably different figures depending on where you live; i.e., if you live in Virginia, where more soldiers come from than say, Dakota, the odds go down.

By sg
Radwhacker wrote:(I'm horrible at math but does that decrease the odds to 1 in 100?
Correct.
By Radwhacker

I realized at about 4 am that the poll question was "How many of you can name a person killed in Iraq - not how many know a person.

So - I guess that means I'm irrelevant again.

(sigh)
By sg
Considering how bad many people are at remembering names, I bet there is a super high correlation between actually knowing someone who has died in iraq, and being able to name one person who has died in iraq.

Campers, Has anybody seen the ElectraFlyer? (No r[…]

The only learning curve I found was everything hap[…]

Deserves a go,mates. https://www.youtube.com/watch[…]

Some Fall Color in SoCal

Friday 2017.11.17 at Crestline.... http://www.you[…]