Polling threads

Moderators: sg, mods

Did you get the calendar that you ordered?

Yes, they got it right.
36%
No, they screwed it up.
64%
By remmoore
As per a holiday tradition, I was please to unwrap a Christmas present purchased from USHPA. I look forward to examining each photo in the HG calendar, and sharing them with my family as we sit around the tree Christmas morning.

Only this time, something was wrong. Opening the box, I found a calendar - but it was the PG version. What a let-down! Upon further inspection, I noticed the Amazon sticker said, "Hang Gliding" right next to a photo of a PG. Someone has screwed up. After the holiday, my wife call Beth at the USHPA office and was told that lots of people were making the same complaint, and that it was Amazon's fault.

My question: Did you get what your ordered? How widespread is the problem? If we use .ORG members as a sampling, we should get a reasonable estimate of the extent of the problem.

RM
By JR
I ordered 30 calendars (25 HG + 5 PG) for our club to give to various landowners as Christmas gifts and to sell the remainder to club members at $15/per. The order was placed in early December. They apparently had a problem with the printer getting the calendars delivered to USHPA headquarters and consequently, they weren't mailed until December 18th. Unfortunately, we never got the calendars nor the e-mail shipping confirmation w/ the tracking number. I finally called the USHPA office after Christmas to see about the calendars and they have now shipped another batch of 30 to us that should be delivered tomorrow. We've ordered calendars from the USHGA/USHPA for the past 25 years or so and this was the first time the order was screwed up, although I did notice last year's calendars had some wrong dates on them and that's pretty bad when they can't get the dates right!

JR
By Wonder Boy
They are fully aware and you should have recieved an email stating:

------------- Begin message -------------

Important Notice: Amazon Has Mislabeled the USHPA Calendars
If you ordered a Hang Gliding calendar but received a Paragliding calendar (or vice versa),
please return it to Amazon by doing the following:

Go to www.ushpa.aero, click on "store", then click on "media" to get to the USHPA Amazon store.
Once there, click on "Returns" at the bottom of the page.

When the return has been received, Amazon will refund you your purchase price and the cost of return shipping.

Due to the labeling problem, the calendars have been temporarily pulled from the store and are not available at this time.
Once the issue has been corrected and the calendars have been correctly labeled, we will make them available on the store again.

Thank you,
US Hang Gliding & Paragliding

------------- End message -------------

I preordered 2, and they were correct, then had to order another and that one was not

Mike
By remmoore
Yep, I got the email, and took corrective action. I'm not badmouthing USHPA staff - it was clearly Amazon's fault, and they're in the process of fixing the problem. From what Amazon has stated, it may be a few weeks till the correct calendar arrives.

So, you personally had 1 of 3 calendars screwed up. That's an interesting micro-sample itself.

RM
By Scott F.
I ordered 1 HG calender and received the correct 1 before X-MASS

Scott F
By flyingpuck
Hi Robert,

It came to work while I was on Vaction.
I opened it yesterday and it was just fine.

Walter
By danield442
I ordered my hg calender on 12/19/2013 and received it (correctly) on 12/24.
By JR
Our 30 calendars arrived yesterday after the USHPA office staff re-sent the order that was placed in early December and never arrived. After receiving the calendars I called the USHPA to see about the e-mail/tracking number they supposedly sent when the original order was shipped on December 18th. They could not locate said e-mail or tracking number and that leads me to believe that the original order was probably never sent. They acknowledged that was a "possibility", but were reluctant to admit to making a mistake. At any rate, we finally got our calendars, but they're going to be belated Christmas gifts to the landowners and I'm going to strongly consider finding another source for HG/PG calendars next year.

JR
By old newbie
JR wrote:Our 30 calendars arrived yesterday after the USHPA office staff re-sent the order that was placed in early December and never arrived. After receiving the calendars I called the USHPA to see about the e-mail/tracking number they supposedly sent when the original order was shipped on December 18th. They could not locate said e-mail or tracking number and that leads me to believe that the original order was probably never sent. They acknowledged that was a "possibility", but were reluctant to admit to making a mistake. At any rate, we finally got our calendars, but they're going to be belated Christmas gifts to the landowners and I'm going to strongly consider finding another source for HG/PG calendars next year.

JR
Glad I don't work in retail, one mistake in 25 years and you are looking at going elsewhere. Like all the folks that shipped last minute and are flabbergasted that fed ex didn't get their last minute delivery on time.
By remmoore
Newbie,

I don't think your comparison is much on point, and I also don't feel like USHPA staff should be held highly responsible for the problem(s). First off, JR stated that he placed his order in early December - hardly a last-minute start. Secondly, my wife was told that the calendars weren't even available for shipping until Dec 18th, which IS a good way to have stuff shipped late.

But mostly, the biggest screw-up was Amazon getting the HG and PG labels mixed up. This poll was intended to see how many others had that same problem, although the other issues are noteworthy.

RM
By JR
old newbie wrote:
JR wrote:Our 30 calendars arrived yesterday after the USHPA office staff re-sent the order that was placed in early December and never arrived. After receiving the calendars I called the USHPA to see about the e-mail/tracking number they supposedly sent when the original order was shipped on December 18th. They could not locate said e-mail or tracking number and that leads me to believe that the original order was probably never sent. They acknowledged that was a "possibility", but were reluctant to admit to making a mistake. At any rate, we finally got our calendars, but they're going to be belated Christmas gifts to the landowners and I'm going to strongly consider finding another source for HG/PG calendars next year.

JR
Glad I don't work in retail, one mistake in 25 years and you are looking at going elsewhere. Like all the folks that shipped last minute and are flabbergasted that fed ex didn't get their last minute delivery on time.
The bulk-calendar orders didn't get shipped until the last minute, December 18, because the USHPA didn't have them to ship until the last minute. We ordered them in early December. My gripe is/was that ours were not shipped at all until I called them after Christmas to check on the status of the order. I was advised that the person responsible for sending them (Ashley) was out of the office until this week and I would need to contact her upon her return to figure out what happened, but that it appeared they had been sent and may have been lost in transit. I was advised that we should have received an e-mail with a tracking number when they were shipped. I indicated we had never received said e-mail.

When I spoke with Ashley yesterday, she could not locate any e-mails sent to me confirming the shipment nor any tracking number for said shipment. I asked whether that suggested the calendars hadn't been shipped in the first place and she reluctantly acknowledged that was a "possibility" but didn't really want to admit to their making a mistake. C'est la vie

It's not the end of the world. I'm just sharing the experience on this thread that someone else started about problems with the calendars.

JR
By remmoore
From USHPA:

Did You Get the Wrong Calendar From Amazon?
Do You Want a Calendar, But Haven't Ordered One Yet?

Dear USHPA Members:

First, we wish to sincerely apologize for all the problems and hassles involved with the the production and ordering of the calendar this year. It's seems that everything that could go wrong, DID go wrong. Now we want to make things right.

We've recalled all the calendars from Amazon and are going to handle the remaining calendar sales from the USHPA office.

Did you order a calendar from Amazon and get the wrong calendar?

If so, please call the USHPA office now at 719-632-8300 and we will make it right.

You can also reply to this email with details of the order. Please include your Amazon order number in the reply.

Do you want a 2014 USHPA calendar but haven't ordered one yet?

If so, please email us, call us, or use the order form by clicking below.