All things hang gliding. This is the main forum. New users, introduce yourself.

Moderators: sg, mods

By Davedebogusone
cheaper and I like the planform better+ has a screen and wifi cant find the app ....but the video comparison say gopro white for 200 as soon as they release the android app. Then again perhaps the Black because it come with a remote and so much more capability .But at 400 bucks ??? and still doesnt have a screen onboard unless you pay extra :cuss: WTF get off your ass and release the android app already.Im not buying the sheeples iphone.
By Mike Harper
The run time at Full HD is only 1 hr 10 min. The GoPro with the extra battery pac gets over 3 hours. I wonder if they plan for an extra battery.
By old newbie
Mike Harper wrote:The run time at Full HD is only 1 hr 10 min. The GoPro with the extra battery pac gets over 3 hours. I wonder if they plan for an extra battery.
That is a good thing, who has time to edit 3 hours of video? OK one guess but he doesn't count as he does not sleep.

SF
Last edited by old newbie on Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By old newbie
Mike Harper wrote:The run time at Full HD is only 1 hr 10 min. The GoPro with the extra battery pac gets over 3 hours. I wonder if they plan for an extra battery.
That is a good thing, who has time to edit 3 hours of video? OK one guess but he doesn't count as he does not sleep.

SF
Last edited by old newbie on Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Andrew
One website I saw claims the JVC model is a 5 megapixel camera. I own a drift HD which will give 9 megapixel stills. The gopro3 gives 12 megapixel stills. I do not know if the video mode uses all those megapixels or not, but at first guess I would think the JVC model to have the lowest resolution at 5.

How many Megapixels do you need for 1920x1080 and do more make a difference?
By Andrew
Trying to delete the duplicates, do nut know how.

One website I saw claims the JVC model is a 5 megapixel camera. I own a drift HD which will give 9 megapixel stills. The gopro3 gives 12 megapixel stills. I do not know if the video mode uses all those megapixels or not, but at first guess I would think the JVC model to have the lowest resolution at 5.

Last edited by Andrew on Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Andrew
Sorry,
Some sort of Time-out error during posting caused me to attempt several times to get my input posted. I gave up. All three seem to have succeeded dispite the time-out errors!

Last edited by Andrew on Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By dave hopkins
It would be nice to see a video with them all mounted on a bar . Go pro, Drift ,JVC, Sony .
Then we could see the real comparisons. :goodidea:

Dave
By Rockalbert
Exactly!! Like Dave said someone should make a video collage of some sort so that the others can check out the qualities. Its hard to guess which is best when you check them out individually. personally...sony :thumbsup: