[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php on line 264: mysqli_fetch_assoc(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php on line 326: mysqli_free_result(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result
Collection of HG Camera Mounts - Hang Gliding Org
All things hang gliding. This is the main forum. New users, introduce yourself.

Moderators: sg, mods

By dievhart
Lets add pictures of our camera mounts here...This way we can all have one place to come browse HG Camera Mounts. Let us see what you have/use.
(even give links or tips on building the mounts if you like (or answer question if members PM you about your camera mount))
You could also add the view (a photo or video using this mount) so we see the angle....
Lets also keep the photos to 1024 pixels across or less so they all show up in the post (and not as a link).

I have clamped this mount to the outside of my LE at the tip wand insert, on the DT, keel and basebar....here it is coming out my access zipper from the inside of my LE (on the LS4).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5zYHkVc9SA[/youtube]

Diev
Attachments
mount_small1.jpg
mount_small1.jpg (140.97 KiB) Viewed 21673 times
mount_ball1.jpg
mount_ball1.jpg (122.37 KiB) Viewed 21673 times
By tom emery
Over on the "Oz Report" there are pictures of "Home Depot" mounts made from pvc plumbing fittings. Light, strong and inexpensive.
By dievhart
Add some here....I will add a bunch more later...
Diev
By dievhart
Maybe this will just be my collection of HG camera mounts...I should get some sleep.
Diev
Attachments
bag-o-mounts.jpg
bag-o-mounts.jpg (161.08 KiB) Viewed 21500 times
keel_mount3.jpg
keel_mount3.jpg (158.1 KiB) Viewed 21500 times
keel_mount2.jpg
keel_mount2.jpg (123.12 KiB) Viewed 21500 times
keel_mount1.jpg
keel_mount1.jpg (139.22 KiB) Viewed 21500 times
dangle1.jpg
dangle1.jpg (75.65 KiB) Viewed 21500 times
clamp1.jpg
clamp1.jpg (65.15 KiB) Viewed 21500 times
pvc1.jpg
pvc1.jpg (48.61 KiB) Viewed 21500 times
mount_boom2d.jpg
mount_boom2d.jpg (115.54 KiB) Viewed 21500 times
mount_boom2c.jpg
mount_boom2c.jpg (64.89 KiB) Viewed 21500 times
mount_boom2b.jpg
mount_boom2b.jpg (32.56 KiB) Viewed 21500 times
mount_boom2a.jpg
mount_boom2a.jpg (49.48 KiB) Viewed 21500 times
mount_boom2.jpg
mount_boom2.jpg (167.78 KiB) Viewed 21500 times
mount_boom1.jpg
mount_boom1.jpg (38.92 KiB) Viewed 21500 times
By red
NMERider wrote:
tom emery wrote:Great flight. Great camera location. Can you tell us what you used and how you installed the setup. Notice any adverse affects in aerodynamics? Thanks.
Here's an earlier incarnation of the mount I used. I have since made some nice changes but don't know where I left the photos (if any). I'm sure it slows the glider down a little above 40 mph but I don't even know it's there regardless of my flying.
EDIT: Dievhart has added some more details and pix for this mount, in the next post.

Last edited by red on Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By dievhart

JD said...."This mount was made from a carbon transverse batten from a Talon 150 and some keel sleeve as well as some custom parts...."

Diev
By Hangskier
Diev,
That's a lot of mounts. You are obsessed.

:mosh:
By JV-Joe
Hangskier wrote:Diev,
That's a lot of mounts. You are obsessed.

:mosh:
I was just going to say that. Nice Diev
By pjwings
Wicked Jason!

I used this for years. On my WW Eagle I attached it mostly to the leading edge where the crossbar/sidewire inspection zipper is. On my Sport2 I can only really use it as an articulated keel mount. Overall cost me about $2 in parts and 20 minutes to make.

Now I mostly fly with the NME magnetic boom.
Attachments
IMAG0702.jpg
IMAG0702.jpg (139.14 KiB) Viewed 21204 times
boom.jpg
boom.jpg (185.91 KiB) Viewed 21202 times
By Jason
here we go
Attachments
plan.JPG
plan.JPG (48.85 KiB) Viewed 21192 times
iso.JPG
iso.JPG (53.68 KiB) Viewed 21192 times
By NMERider
Jason wrote:here we go
Finally! :goodidea: :thumbsup:
By Jason
henderthing wrote:Very cool, Jason!

Could we see the underside?
NOPE SORRY

my dad made it, and i don't have it in my possesion
By jyoder111
This is what I've been using for a down tube mount.

<$5 PVC at Home Depot + some old bicycle innertube

Makes it easy to reach out and turn the camera by hand to point at whatever. It's not a universal joint, so it can cause tilted camera angles if you're not careful, but it's durable and stable. On the boom, the outer ring keeps the threaded halves closed so the boom can screw into it nice and tight. Makes it easy to take on and off--just unscrew the boom-- but won't fall off by accident.
Examples at http://www.youtube.com/user/jyoder111
Attachments
IMG_0144.jpg
IMG_0144.jpg (266.68 KiB) Viewed 21041 times
IMG_0138.jpg
IMG_0138.jpg (231.16 KiB) Viewed 21041 times
By dievhart
You might add one of these Adjustable Heads...(or something like this) so you can point it just right after you get it in place

http://www.amazon.com/Professional-Mini ... =pd_cp_p_0

Diev
By Fred Wilson
Flip Video Action Tripod Downtube Mount $12.45
http://www.brainydeal.com/Flip-Video-Ac ... N7NPF4.htm

A newer version of my Go Pro + Camera mount. Note: It comes with velcro straps.
The legs are adjustable, plastic padded and fit airstream downtubes perfectly.
It's two ball bearings adjust to a wide range of camera angles. I have never needed an extension piece.

Last edited by Fred Wilson on Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
By lostgriz
dievhart wrote:You might add one of these Adjustable Heads...(or something like this) so you can point it just right after you get it in place

http://www.amazon.com/Professional-Mini ... =pd_cp_p_0

Diev
Cool. I will be getting one of these. I just bought a new mount from Instinct Windsports and I really like it. I will have to post some pics later. This mount also has an integrated microphone cord to plug into your camera. I haven't tried that yet. This video was shot with it, except for the keel shots, which are a GoPro roll bar mount. At 1:44, you can see how easy it is to swivel. I will add one of the swivel adapters to this so I can tweak the angle easier in flight.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhXyi913 ... ature=plcp[/youtube]
By dievhart
Sweet, yeah it is time I out together a movable mount....lets see some pics...both ends please...
Looked like a nice flight....you showed a few others where that twisty was it looked like....got ya back up above launch....always nice.
Diev
By lostgriz
dievhart wrote:Sweet, yeah it is time I out together a movable mount....lets see some pics...both ends please...
Looked like a nice flight....you showed a few others where that twisty was it looked like....got ya back up above launch....always nice.
Diev
I will take some pictures tonight. Most of that footage was from one flight. Although it was only a 40 minute flight, it was actually really fun. Lots of circling in light stuff to eventually get around 1200' over launch. The lift was super light, but very smooth, so it was really fun circling with my buddies.

I believe the mounts are $50 without the mic cord integrated, add $40 to include the mic cord, add $20 if you need the mount for a CF or aero base tube. Not exactly cheap, but very well made and I don't have time to build mounts, so I was happy to pay them for a nice product.