Post your flying stories and flight reports here. Make sure to attach pictures if you got em!

Moderators: sg, mods

By peanuts
tonite i saw a new commercial (to me) on TV. it was a toyota car ad, with three toplesses flying along side the car on a mountain road. it did look a bit like CG, computer graphiks, work though.
By hgflyer
peanuts wrote:tonite i saw a new commercial (to me) on TV. it was a toyota car ad, with three toplesses flying along side the car on a mountain road. it did look a bit like CG, computer graphiks, work though.
So what your saying is...?
By SlopeSkimmer
Noman, Will and Green Leader on Base leg at Mcclure?
By peanuts
hgflyer wrote:
peanuts wrote:tonite i saw a new commercial (to me) on TV. it was a toyota car ad, with three toplesses flying along side the car on a mountain road. it did look a bit like CG, computer graphiks, work though.
So what your saying is...?
so what i'm saying is what i said.
By gluesniffer
I saw it too, kinda cool. Don't think it was noman because the pilot wasn't close enough to the ground. My gf was talking to me at the time and I gave her the hand so I could focus on the commercial.....that went over well :explode:
By flyzguy
Them boys got some serious anhedral in their wings!
By Stoubie
That is all computer graphics, there is no way they could ever get 3 F-22 to fly at the same time in one day. They have been grounded for over 9 months.
By pegasus
flyzguy wrote:Them boys got some serious anhedral in their wings!
:) yes... if this was'nt cg, their natural straight-and-level flight would be upside down! :)
By gasdive
That would be advertising world, where Camrys sweep past 2011 Yamah R1s without raising a sweat.

Funny way to advertise what is (here in Australia at least) the retired person's car. An add that said "look, enough boot space for two Zimmer frames", "so dull your grandchildren will never borrow it" and "Can travel for hours at 20 km/h without overheating" would probably have been better.

=:)
By day dreamer
Rotor is the guy on the white glider. He told me a great story about his adventure shooting that commercial last night. He was approached by Joe Greblo to teach three pilots to fly mosquitoes, be support crew member, mechanic for the harnesses, fueling them etc. Joe's wife backed out, and Rotor took the spot. Dude got paid and so did Ken Muscio who wanted to go watch and ended up taking Rotors spot once Rotor had to do the flying. Rotor said it was four days of mosquito flying, shooting film, endless free food and drink and getting paid to do what he loved doing. Rotor has got some great stories of his adventures of flying. I have some video tapes of some of his stuff and want to burn it to disk.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEs00Azji0U[/youtube]