Polling threads

Moderators: sg, mods

By FMAN
astronaut wrote:So mass production means quality suffers? So those 650 gliders that came out of Wills Wing's factory last year are of poor quality simply because they "mass produce" and are the best selling glider manufacturer in the world - compared to making 5 gliders per year as others do?
Again, I'm implying to the Seedwings Flugsport GmbH's over decade long undertake of mass producing incompetence, not any other manufacturer.
astronaut wrote:I haven't heard bad things about Pause Segel. Icaro2000 use it for their Laminar series of gliders too.
Pause Segel is a quality sail loft, their failure is supporting Seedwings Flugsport GmbH. I find it hard to believe they are unprofessional in HG history.
By FMAN
Why keep Seedwings Inc.'s name?
By astronaut
FMAN wrote:Again, I'm implying to the Seedwings Flugsport GmbH's over decade long undertake of mass producing incompetence, not any other manufacturer.
If we put this whole Seedwings Inc. vs. Euro aside just out of curiosity what do you mean by "mass producing incompetence"? What's incompetent about them? In 2011 I ordered a Crossover and an SR harness. Both were custom orders with regards to colours and meassurement. I was told 4 weeks for the glider and 6 weeks for the harness. They delivered on time. I even got photos sent to me of my glider being build.
FMAN wrote:Why keep Seedwings Inc.'s name?
I honestly don't think that Manfred Bangheri is trying to gain anything by using Bob's name. As if he was trying to benefit from being associated with Seedwings Inc. In the mid 2000's Bob couldn't even deliver and production times reached almost a year. I don't see why Manfred would want a company name associated with that.

I'm quite sure that 95 out of 100 pilots in Europe have never heard of Seedwings Inc. To them "Seedwings" is an Austrian company.

In that regard I can somewhat understand when Manfred says: Bob has a company in the US. Only sells in the US and noone has heard of Seedwings Europe.

I have a company in Europe. I don't sell in the US. And in the US noone has heard of my company.

But maybe the above "conclusion" only worked uptil the mid 2000's because the internet wasn't so widely available. But these days everyone has access to the internet and that spreads both company names to everyone regardless of where they live.
By FMAN
astronaut wrote:what do you mean by "mass producing incompetence"? What's incompetent about them?
S.F.GmbH and their customers had an awful time period after Seedwings Inc. and before P.S.
astronaut wrote:I honestly don't think that Manfred Bangheri is trying to gain anything by using Bob's name.
:shock:
By Mavi Gogun
astronaut wrote:I honestly don't think that Manfred Bangheri is trying to gain anything by using Bob's name.
This expresses a fundamental misapprehension of the issue. Naturally, for Trampenau -for any one who has built a business- his brand is an extension of himself. Anyone acting under that brand as agent under contract contributes to that identity- for good, or ill. The issue is not "did their work have merit?" but "who has the right to control Trampenau's professional identity, to associate with his work?"

This drama has been played out over and over- through musicians, painters, designers, architects, lawyers. On occasion, the apprentice continues to use the name of their former master once they have eclipsed them in stature- but only rarely- and never over the protest of the living master.
By Dan Harding
this is very easy to fix, now read this carefully,, change the ""Seedwings to Speedwings"" there see how close they resemble each other and yet it doesnt step on anyones copyright or patents, unless there is a "Speedwings" already out there.

:rofl:
By Dan Harding
it suddenly occured to me that maybe the EU version of Seedwings is not fast, so if its not ya cant call them speedwings, maybe call them "Half/fastwings" :ahh:
By FMAN
I can't believe no one has called me out on my Sara Palin politicalapproach. :lol: :run:
Last edited by FMAN on Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Erik Boehm
They should have changed their name, it does seem pretty simple.

I can see how Bob would be made about it, seed wings is his "legacy", and they've taken it from him.

However, financially, I don't think he has been harmed, and I don't think they benefitted.
By FMAN
Him not wanting a foreign company to use his company name is completely justifiable and sensible.

In the late 80's, Seedwings reputation was the reason the Bangheri's made the approach to engage in business.

The steadfast 510 and Team Seedwings dominated competitions in the 80's so mercilessly that other manufacturers and competitors started flying elsewhere. This in turn drastically promoted aero-towing and the sport of hang gliding outside of California, and that was a good thing.
By FMAN
Erik,

Yes you are correct, Seedwings Europe should change their company name.

The word legacy would suit Seedwings Europe more so than Seedwings Inc. by definition.
Erik Boehm wrote:They should have changed their name, it does seem pretty simple.

I can see how Bob would be made about it, seed wings is his "legacy", and they've taken it from him.

However, financially, I don't think he has been harmed, and I don't think they benefitted.
By FMAN
For the record, $50,000.00 would have been considered back then, but that is an exaggeration (outright lie, if it originated from Manfred's mouth).
By FMAN
Okay, me and my pigeon ass gwent down to the sex-toy store and found the biggest vibrating dildo that will fit in my butt. Then I got the next bigger size and carved SeedwingsEurope on it and went downtown and sat on the concrete. :)
By FMAN
Consume that s---. :thumbsup:
By FMAN
If anyone desires an understanding and has a thorough question, e-mail Seedwings Inc.

:mrgreen:
By brian scharp
johnpeace wrote:Tramp has more creative ingenuity in his little finger than the euro name-stealing company has in their entire organization.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

:ditto: :ditto:
Mr. Trampenau is an artist. His attention to detail on sails is second to none. When I bought my 510 C I think Moyes was the only manufacturer flattering Mr. Trampenau, with their version of the curved tip. Now it's considered the norm. Thanks Mr. Trampenau.

The continued use of that name is indefensible. What keeps " these guys " from collectively growing a set and coming up with their own name?

Brian
By FMAN

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monolith_(Space_Odyssey)
By Fred Wilson
The following message to <info@seedwings.com> was undeliverable.

Seedwings USA - Wassup?

Trying to get Bob to post his dealer network on: http://seedwings.com

http://seedwings.com.au website has gone down.
Google Search brings up nada.

http://seedwings.com.au had a couple of phenomenal photos I need for my Water Landing Clinics Thread.
http://www.hpac.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=660

Paragliding Water Landing at: http://www.hpac.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=661
Last edited by Fred Wilson on Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By adyr
Apparently Seedwings Europe has a new owner, if what I've seen is right.

LE: It is right: "On the 1st of September 2013 the company was acquired by Michael Moeller when Manfred decided to retire after more than 30 years in the industry." http://www.seedwings.at/en/index.html