.

.

This forum is dedicated to discussions on how to grow the sport of hang gliding. We will take a methodical approach to collect data and come up with implementable ideas on how to increase our numbers. This includes effective marketing, lead generation, site access issues, improving regulations, lack of instructors, lack of sites, etc

Moderator: mods

User avatar
By yinhan2000
#257057
Hello 1510!

I am from Wuhan, China. A very welcome development in China hang gliding today's China has no shortage of hang gliding enthusiasts. Paul H said that the Chinese government does not support civil aviation is wrong in fact although the Government does not support, but have no objection. the present situation is allowed to develop. Today's China has opened up a lot and we also have a professional BBS. China is now the school has suspended hang gliding, but small, mainly because the price is too high, such as full new WILL SWING Falcon3 in China, the price is about 30000RMB, teaching costs 6000RMB, if combined with POD, total cost about 40000RMB. about $ 6300. the equivalent of two years of income of ordinary Chinese people, so the price can be reduced if , there will be more Chinese people to join the HG.
My name is shulin yin, you can call me sunny yin. Once again welcome you to China's development hang gliding. If you come to China, I am very happy to help you.

And: There are two photos you sent is my work last year my friend Cary to my photos on here.

This is a replacement sail the latest photos
Attachments
SNV30357.JPG
SNV30357.JPG (1023.45 KiB) Viewed 77 times
SNV30354.JPG
SNV30354.JPG (567.8 KiB) Viewed 78 times
IMAG0150.jpg
IMAG0150.jpg (278.75 KiB) Viewed 82 times
IMAG0152.jpg
IMAG0152.jpg (322.03 KiB) Viewed 87 times
User avatar
By yinhan2000
#257074
Thank you
Very excited to join HG.org. Are now looking for a hang glider for my hope to find a price not to exceed $ 2000 initial suspension of second-hand gliding, and I weight 65KG. Who is for it? Please contact me

Sunny Yin
E-mail: yin_han@163.com
User avatar
By Mavi Gogun
#257076
HGXC wrote:I do not believe that the government of China holds your lofty good will toward my country. I respect them as a competitor but I am not going to help them up after a tackle if you get my drift.
The forum is "Growing the Sport of HG"; your voiced fears are 100% off topic, antithetical, and not in keeping with the spirit of the endeavor. This isn't the arena for confronting some imagined ideological other, or perusing some Darwinian competition. This is a place for pilots to share and seek support. If you feel hostile toward or threatened by people of any particular nation or ethnicity, this is not the place to express those feelings.
User avatar
By Mavi Gogun
#257077
gasdive wrote:Maybe the way to go would be a club, where many people join together to buy some gliders and then share them.
Most of the pilots I've encountered here in Turkey have done just that. :goodidea:
User avatar
By HGXC
#257078
Mavi Gogun wrote:
HGXC wrote:I do not believe that the government of China holds your lofty good will toward my country. I respect them as a competitor but I am not going to help them up after a tackle if you get my drift.
The forum is "Growing the Sport of HG"; your voiced fears are 100% off topic, antithetical, and not in keeping with the spirit of the endeavor. This isn't the arena for confronting some imagined ideological other, or perusing some Darwinian competition. This is a place for pilots to share and seek support. If you feel hostile toward or threatened by people of any particular nation or ethnicity, this is not the place to express those feelings.
I guess this means we won't be seeing you comment on any of the many political posts that occur on this forum. Right?

Don't go telling me what to say or don't say Mavi. Communist China threat is not imaged and you need only to look at your own country for some vicious actions in the name of defense.

Dennis

Dennis
User avatar
By Mavi Gogun
#257083
HGXC wrote:I guess this means we won't be seeing you comment on any of the many political posts that occur on this forum. Right?
There are two other forums on this board to direct non-hang gliding political/ideological noise- "The Camp Fire" and "Way off Topic". "Growing the Sport of HG" is not the place.
HGXC wrote:Don't go telling me what to say or don't say Mavi. Communist China threat is not imaged and you need only to look at your own country for some vicious actions in the name of defense.
By my "own country", I presume you mean the good old US of A? Attempting to distract from the mater at hand by implying that associated guilt has eroded my ability to speak from moral conviction is an unworthy ploy. Am I responsible for the CIA orchestrated overthrow of the Iranian prime minister in 1953, or are contemporary Chinese hang glider pilots responsible for the imprisonment of Ai Wei Wei? This is not the venue to assess that responsibility. This is not the place to petition against supporting pilots of a particular nationality/group.

-Christopher

(Dude, I don't mean to push you into a corner- it's just these guys show up, looking for help, or at the least a kind word; as a stranger in a strange land, I understand too well what that means- I'm sure you can imagine, too- you're no villain)
Last edited by Mavi Gogun on Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
By yinhan2000
#257085
OH,My God!
Girls! Girls! Don't excited!

We can't choose the country of birth. Is not it? But we have a common interest! World most people are want peace. I was! Now! We can begin to discuss hang gliding it?
User avatar
By HGXC
#257091
Mavi Gogun wrote:
HGXC wrote:I guess this means we won't be seeing you comment on any of the many political posts that occur on this forum. Right?
There are two other forums on this board to direct non-hang gliding political/ideological noise- "The Camp Fire" and "Way off Topic". "Growing the Sport of HG" is not the place.
HGXC wrote:Don't go telling me what to say or don't say Mavi. Communist China threat is not imaged and you need only to look at your own country for some vicious actions in the name of defense.
By my "own country", I presume you mean the good old US of A? Attempting to distract from the mater at hand by implying that associated guilt has eroded my ability to speak from moral conviction is an unworthy ploy. Am I responsible for the CIA orchestrated overthrow of the Iranian prime minister in 1953, or are contemporary Chinese hang glider pilots responsible for the imprisonment of Ai Wei Wei? This is not the venue to assess that responsibility. This is not the place to petition against supporting pilots of a particular nationality/group.

-Christopher

(Dude, I don't mean to push you into a corner- it's just these guys show up, looking for help, or at the least a kind word; as a stranger in a strange land, I understand too well what that means- I'm sure you can imagine, too.)
I am in no corner as you say Dude!...I gave a pleasant PM to you that you never returned a few days back and if you come at me I will surely come at you times 10 pal . BTW is your name Mavi or Christopher...you are starting to remind me of all those support calls i get from far away places name Bob or Bill -:)

I find your lecturing me about being confronting silly and hypocritical when that is your calling card. I have seen many posts (not all directed at me ) by this Mavi guy pounding others his opinions.

So "Chris" I really said what I wanted to say about a country that is a hot button to mine own (in my opinion). You want to prolong this well have at it.

Cheers,

Dennis
User avatar
By Mavi Gogun
#257093
By "in a corner" I meant "characterze your actions in such a way as to leave no room for the fullness of your humanity."
HGXC wrote:BTW is your name Mavi or Christopher...you are starting to remind me of all those support calls i get from far away places name Bob or Bill -:)
Is your name HGXC?
HGXC wrote:I find your lecturing me about being confronting *snip*
Was I reproaching you for being confrontational or strongly opinionated? Clearly not. There was far more substance than superficially complaining about tone. Can you accurately summarize what I took issue with, or is that really all you heard?
User avatar
By Darbbb
#257095
Sunny yin, welcome to the forum!

:thumbsup:
User avatar
By HGXC
#257111
Is your name HGXC?
Of course not....but your avatar says Mavi Gogun from Istanbul. And you sign your name Chris from Riverside...So was I really way off base thinking you might be from Turkey????? :mrgreen:

So here i thought that I was talking to some human rights Professor from Istanbul University and now i am told it might be Chris who runs the video store in Riverside mall :ahh: :ahh:

Man the internet can get real confusing.....Istanbul was Constantinople / Now it's Istanbul, not Constantinople ........ :crazy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QImMTKhAGHE

Cheers,

Dennis
User avatar
By Mavi Gogun
#257126
HGXC wrote:So here i thought that I was talking to some human rights Professor from Istanbul University and now i am told it might be Chris who runs the video store in Riverside mall
You continue to search for some reason to discount. My intolerance for bigotry doesn't stem either from an extraordinary focus on human rights, nor a lack of education. My background, my country of origin, isn't the issue.

Do you have anything to contribute, any advice or information to share topical to those interested in growing hang gliding participation in China?
User avatar
By HGXC
#257128
Mavi Gogun wrote:
HGXC wrote:So here i thought that I was talking to some human rights Professor from Istanbul University and now i am told it might be Chris who runs the video store in Riverside mall
You continue to search for some reason to discount. My intolerance for bigotry doesn't stem either from an extraordinary focus on human rights, nor a lack of education. My background, my country of origin, isn't the issue.

Do you have anything to contribute, any advice or information to share topical to those interested in growing hang gliding participation in China?

Don't get huffy with me, You don't own the F ing thread. and yes you accurately portraying who you are does matter and is important. No one likes a liar ,

Dennis
User avatar
By Mavi Gogun
#257132
HGXC wrote:Don't get huffy with me, You don't own the F ing thread.
I won't condone through silence your hostility, alienation, ungracious lack of hospitality, overt rudeness to new participants.
and yes you accurately portraying who you are does matter and is important. No one likes a liar ,

Dennis
At no point have I misrepresented myself. You impugn my character without cause.
User avatar
By peanuts
#257135
aw, your mother dresses you both funny...
By noman3
#257136
i think if you get china or india get involved with this sport,look out!.
User avatar
By astronaut
#257138
HGXC wrote:
Mavi Gogun wrote:
HGXC wrote:I do not believe that the government of China holds your lofty good will toward my country. I respect them as a competitor but I am not going to help them up after a tackle if you get my drift.
The forum is "Growing the Sport of HG"; your voiced fears are 100% off topic, antithetical, and not in keeping with the spirit of the endeavor. This isn't the arena for confronting some imagined ideological other, or perusing some Darwinian competition. This is a place for pilots to share and seek support. If you feel hostile toward or threatened by people of any particular nation or ethnicity, this is not the place to express those feelings.
I guess this means we won't be seeing you comment on any of the many political posts that occur on this forum. Right?

Don't go telling me what to say or don't say Mavi. Communist China threat is not imaged and you need only to look at your own country for some vicious actions in the name of defense.

Dennis

Dennis
Jeesuuzz! :crazy:

Sometimes this forum really sucks. I agree totally with Mavi. This forum is to share the common interest of hang gliding.

If you're from Europe and fly a Funky, Space, Crossover or Spyder the thread gets hijaked because you fly Seedwings Europe.

If you're from China and look for help and support the thread gets hijacked because of a capitalism vs,. communism argument.

There are a lot of REALLY nice and friendly US people in this forum. You know who you are :) But sometimes this forum is too "pro US" and against anyone else :(
By noman3
#257140
astronaut wrote:
HGXC wrote:
Mavi Gogun wrote:
HGXC wrote:I do not believe that the government of China holds your lofty good will toward my country. I respect them as a competitor but I am not going to help them up after a tackle if you get my drift.
The forum is "Growing the Sport of HG"; your voiced fears are 100% off topic, antithetical, and not in keeping with the spirit of the endeavor. This isn't the arena for confronting some imagined ideological other, or perusing some Darwinian competition. This is a place for pilots to share and seek support. If you feel hostile toward or threatened by people of any particular nation or ethnicity, this is not the place to express those feelings.
I guess this means we won't be seeing you comment on any of the many political posts that occur on this forum. Right?

Don't go telling me what to say or don't say Mavi. Communist China threat is not imaged and you need only to look at your own country for some vicious actions in the name of defense.

Dennis

Dennis
Jeesuuzz! :crazy:

Sometimes this forum really sucks. I agree totally with Mavi. This forum is to share the common interest of hang gliding.

If you're from Europe and fly a Funky, Space, Crossover or Spyder the thread gets hijaked because you fly Seedwings Europe.

If you're from China and look for help and support the thread gets hijacked because of a capitalism vs,. communism argument.

There are a lot of REALLY nice and friendly US people in this forum. You know who you are :) But sometimes this forum is too "pro US" and against anyone else :(
i hope the Chinese get into hanggliding,it will save our sport.I say welcome china.
User avatar
By HGXC
#257143
your hostility, alienation, ungracious lack of hospitality, overt rudeness
Wow Mavi from Turkey aka "Chris from Riverside" you are begining to sound like my wife after he mother in law visits :ahh:

Dennis

Hahah unbrella company. That's gold. Thanks for th[…]

goes 16 imagery

Wow... Thanks for passing that along!

Highest HG ramp in the alps

Some guys from our club built during last weeks wh[…]

A scary Launch

Thanks for your post. We all should seek out criti[…]