Post your videos as file attachments here. One video per topic please!

Moderators: sg, mods

By gasdive
First loop I ever saw was Dan Racanelli, he pulled a twig off a tree as he entered the loop and dropped it at the top of the loop.

25 years later I've haven't seen anything to match it and expect I never will.

=:)
By lostgriz
:shock:
By Bondy
That was nuck'n futs! but very cool.
By SWIFTY
Ha! I remember the '79 nats. Dan Racanelli was flying a Bill Bennett glider, the first I'd seen without defexors. He came in over the LZ and started a loop pretty low. I was standing near Bill and d--- Boone. I looked over at Bill and d--- while everybody was watching Dan. Bill was WHITE AS A SHEET! looking at d--- and you could just see him wondering if d--- had figured the strength calucs right or was it going to fold. Dan pulled out and flared in front of everybody and Bill was Really happy! :lol:
By LonA
That last loop was way too scary for me.
By LonA
That last loop was way too scary for me.
By Bobfly
Mitch Mcaleer did one lower then that. :shock: 'Course, he got a little wet too. :lol:
By SKYROWG
Yeah ........... He's a rock star.

So was Hendrix, Morrison, and Joplin.

Nuthin against looping a Hang glider, But unless my eyes were deceiving me, there appeared to be very little margin for error there.

As has been said many times before:

There are old pilots and bold pilots, but there are very few old, bold pilots.

Or ............ What price glory?

Smitty
By Flyking
My Rule don't loop a glider unless you have at least 1000 ft AGL. :shock: Anything under that your just plain stupid :x If anything goes wrong you need enough time to deploy. That includes any areos. Just mu opinion :popcorn:
By spork
Yup - he almost managed to execute the dreaded figure 9 on that last one.
liftlover wrote: DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME
Sadly, my home is nowhere near big enough to attempt even the lowest loop he did. :(
By spork
Flyking wrote:My Rule don't loop a glider unless you have at least 1000 ft AGL.
My rule (so far) has been - don't loop a glider unless you're wearing a multi-point restraint and holding a joy-stick. Of course I plan to break that rule when my doc tells me it's time to stop buying green bananas.
By RussellS
Wowsers...that was close!
By SWIFTY
spork wrote:
My rule (so far) has been - don't loop a glider unless you're wearing a multi-point restraint and holding a joy-stick. Of course I plan to break that rule when my doc tells me it's time to stop buying green bananas.
And don't have a motor on the back of the Mill! :lol: :wink:
By spork
SWIFTY wrote:
spork wrote:
And don't have a motor on the back of the Mill! :lol: :wink:
Hey - that wasn't a loop. I was trying to do a hammer-head stall... yeah - that's the ticket. :mrgreen: