.

.

Post your videos as file attachments here. One video per topic please!

Moderators: sg, mods

User avatar
By liftlover
#253947
[youtube]
[/youtube]

DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME
User avatar
By gasdive
#253973
First loop I ever saw was Dan Racanelli, he pulled a twig off a tree as he entered the loop and dropped it at the top of the loop.

25 years later I've haven't seen anything to match it and expect I never will.

=:)
User avatar
By JV-Joe
#253986
liftlover wrote:[youtube]
[/youtube]

DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME
that was :mosh:
User avatar
By lostgriz
#253999
:shock:
By Bondy
#254051
That was nuck'n futs! but very cool.
User avatar
By SWIFTY
#254063
Ha! I remember the '79 nats. Dan Racanelli was flying a Bill Bennett glider, the first I'd seen without defexors. He came in over the LZ and started a loop pretty low. I was standing near Bill and d*** Boone. I looked over at Bill and d*** while everybody was watching Dan. Bill was WHITE AS A SHEET! looking at d*** and you could just see him wondering if d*** had figured the strength calucs right or was it going to fold. Dan pulled out and flared in front of everybody and Bill was Really happy! :lol:
By LonA
#254068
That last loop was way too scary for me.
By LonA
#254069
That last loop was way too scary for me.
User avatar
By Bobfly
#254091
Mitch Mcaleer did one lower then that. :shock: 'Course, he got a little wet too. :lol:
User avatar
By SKYROWG
#254110
Yeah ........... He's a rock star.

So was Hendrix, Morrison, and Joplin.

Nuthin against looping a Hang glider, But unless my eyes were deceiving me, there appeared to be very little margin for error there.

As has been said many times before:

There are old pilots and bold pilots, but there are very few old, bold pilots.

Or ............ What price glory?

Smitty
User avatar
By Flyking
#254147
My Rule don't loop a glider unless you have at least 1000 ft AGL. :shock: Anything under that your just plain stupid :x If anything goes wrong you need enough time to deploy. That includes any areos. Just mu opinion :popcorn:
User avatar
By spork
#254151
Yup - he almost managed to execute the dreaded figure 9 on that last one.
liftlover wrote: DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME
Sadly, my home is nowhere near big enough to attempt even the lowest loop he did. :(
User avatar
By spork
#254152
Flyking wrote:My Rule don't loop a glider unless you have at least 1000 ft AGL.
My rule (so far) has been - don't loop a glider unless you're wearing a multi-point restraint and holding a joy-stick. Of course I plan to break that rule when my doc tells me it's time to stop buying green bananas.
By RussellS
#254163
Wowsers...that was close!
User avatar
By SWIFTY
#254179
spork wrote:
Flyking wrote:My Rule don't loop a glider unless you have at least 1000 ft AGL.
My rule (so far) has been - don't loop a glider unless you're wearing a multi-point restraint and holding a joy-stick. Of course I plan to break that rule when my doc tells me it's time to stop buying green bananas.
And don't have a motor on the back of the Mill! :lol: :wink:
User avatar
By spork
#254199
SWIFTY wrote:
spork wrote:
Flyking wrote:My Rule don't loop a glider unless you have at least 1000 ft AGL.
My rule (so far) has been - don't loop a glider unless you're wearing a multi-point restraint and holding a joy-stick. Of course I plan to break that rule when my doc tells me it's time to stop buying green bananas.
And don't have a motor on the back of the Mill! :lol: :wink:
Hey - that wasn't a loop. I was trying to do a hammer-head stall... yeah - that's the ticket. :mrgreen:

Campers, Has anybody seen the ElectraFlyer? (No r[…]

The only learning curve I found was everything hap[…]

Deserves a go,mates. https://www.youtube.com/watch[…]

Some Fall Color in SoCal

Friday 2017.11.17 at Crestline.... http://www.you[…]