Funny/Friendly Off topic discussion. Fail this test and threads will be migrated to Way Off Topic.

Moderators: sg, mods

By HangDog
That is so BULLSHIT! I don't have anything personaly against cops just the ones like this who think they can do any damn thing they want just because they HIDE BEHIND THE BADGE and abuse the constitutional rights of others!

Your going to tell me I can't record a video in my own yard of an investigation? especially if I'm not interfering in their investigation? That cop just used the *Behind our Back* excuse to start chit so he could arrest her.

If I was the on duty officer that night he would be turned in and then I'd have his arse fired! He can go work in his other business, what an AZZ
By Bobfly
Good thing that wasn't my yard. I would have had my 12 guage backing up my camera as soon as he stepped onto my property. I have the greatest respect for cops, until they start miss-using their power and authority. I can guarantee he wouldn't have been the cop putting handcuffs on me.
By miguel
You have to remember that a cop with a gun has legal life and death power over you. You do not want to give them a reason to exercise the power because some them are itching and twitching to exercise it.
Bobfly wrote:Good thing that wasn't my yard. I would have had my 12 guage backing up my camera as soon as he stepped onto my property. I have the greatest respect for cops, until they start miss-using their power and authority. I can guarantee he wouldn't have been the cop putting handcuffs on me.
By skypilot155
It is easy to take the side of the woman when you are paranoid and hate cops. But. None of us know what happened before she started shooting video. So why give the cop a break. Or dose that only happen when you need a cop to save yourtail
By slimchance
only thing i am scared of is if this sets a precedence.= more freedoms lost. She was on her own property. IMO it is a public street and she is on private property. How can the cops tell her she has to go inside her house. SHE IS ON HER PROPERTY. This stuff drives me nuts :crazy:
By Davedebogusone
I always comply and try to be polite.... :roll:
They have such a tuff job..... :cry:
Except when I know they are wrong, especially the young ones fresh out of college.
:twisted:
By Hangskier
No common sense anymore. I've said it before; there is right and wrong, and then there is the law.
By dayhead
There is a type of personality that is drawn to being a policeman/woman.

I need say nothing more.
By SlopeSkimmer
The lady should have done what the cop asked her to do. Now she should "woman up" and take her lumps. She cries when she is arrested for disobeying a police officer. I hate winers!
By SkyOrDie47
Clearly a case of SDS (Small d--- Syndrome). This malady is rampant in law enforcement.
By Jason
eventually one of these cops is going to get himself killed

i won't be shedding any tears
By skypilot155
quote]Has anyone ever had their tail saved by a cop? I dont know a single person who's had their tail saved by a cop, ever. Cant imagine a circumstance where I would ever need to call one.
[/quote]

Well it's a new day for ya Steve, Because now you have met one. Maybe you should do a ride along with a cop in your area, might just open your eye's to what they contend with on a daily basis. I've never in my life seen as many cop haters as are on this site, I owe my life to a cop. Yes there are bad ones (but extremley few) I ran into a CHP just last week who had a bad attitude, but who knows what he put up with before me, like all of us (you included) not everyday is lollypops and candy corn and we all can get a bit grumpy, But by the time we parted company we were both laughing.

I'm sure when the day comes (if it does) that somebody puts the screws to you, you'll be more than happy to see a cop show up at your house
By noman3
the bigger the city gets,the more shitty the cops get.I have to say that here where i live the cops have been pretty cool but where i used to live the cops were fukin scum bags.Dont worry the gov will erode our rights with patriot acts and using the word terrorist to get by the constitution.In my old neighborhood the cops only show up after all the shooting is done.Have i ever been saved by a cop,no.Do i hate cops ,no.Do i hate the power that cops wield,hell yes.No human should hold power over another unless the person in question is infringing on other peoples rights.In my old hood justice came from our own hands and the cops always seemed to get it wrong,this is because they are not involved in the community.Cops are kind of a club that looks at us as the other side and this is the problem with most cops,the us vs them mentality.
By Jason
people don't like cops because

-their primary function in society is no longer "protecting citizens" but collecting money...generally from people that are not a danger or threat to anyone at all...I got fined a few weeks back because my car was parked in front of my house and pointing the wrong direction.....the only car on an empty residential street....protect and serve my ass

-when a "few bad apples" commit crimes.......the rest of them turn their back to it....and shouldn those few bad apples actually end up in a courtroom.....they never see anything other then a slap on the wrist......case in point the bart cop that killed an unarmed man by shooting him in the back as he was on the ground.....1 year in prision

-their are entirely too many of them.....when i drive down the highway and see a cruiser every 3 miles.............see my first point

-I don't need them to protect me.....I am fully capable of doing that on my own

-using scare tactics like the LAPD did by showing already illegal weapons to try and get another weapons ban passed.....

-arresting people for exercising their rights (videotaping)...your word will never trump theirs in a courtroom and all over the country they are trying to arrest people for video taping them- in some places getting laws passed

-immunity......should they arrest you for a "crime" that isn't actually a crime.....which is whats called an "unlawful arrest" [hint thats a crime] they will never be punished...because while they are tasked with "enforcing the law" they don't actually have to know it......

the list goes on and on
By skypilot155
...I got fined a few weeks back because my car was parked in front of my house and pointing the wrong direction.....the only car on an empty residential street....protect and serve my ass
You have a car so I guess you took a drivers test. If so you probably studied for it and know that parking on the wrong side of the street is against the California vehicle code. That being said I guess you just figure the police should knock on every door until they find the owner of the illegally parked car, or maybe your just above the law that everybody else has the follow. It's is not the policemans/womans fault you parked illegally, get over it.
By Jason
skypilot155 wrote:
...I got fined a few weeks back because my car was parked in front of my house and pointing the wrong direction.....the only car on an empty residential street....protect and serve my ass
You have a car so I guess you took a drivers test. If so you probably studied for it and know that parking on the wrong side of the street is against the California vehicle code. That being said I guess you just figure the police should knock on every door until they find the owner of the illegally parked car, or maybe your just above the law that everybody else has the follow. It's is not the policemans/womans fault you parked illegally, get over it.
i figure the police have better things to do then roam empty residential neighbors and hand out fines to people that are neither threating nor harming nor inconviencing anyone in any concievable way

i notice you didn't address any other of the issues people have with police

i notice you are supporting an officers unlawful order (or is he just above the law)

i took a concealed carry class last week (that should be the first hint that I'm not in CA) and the guy that gave the class is a current Aurora PD officer.during his class he made reference of (while smiling the entire time) of beating the s--- out of people all the while saying "stop resisting" because that way should he end up in court....witnesses would say "the police officer repeatedly told the guy to stop resisting"

no i don't respect them- much like apples....if you don't remove the bad ones...they all end up tainted..but police protect the bad ones......and for that they are all tainted
By Jason
this is where I'm at.....all the cars there are gone now (they were construction vehicles from when the houses went up....

the only thing that is the same....is that i live next to a giant empty dirt lot.....which is next to another empty dirt lot......on the far outskirts of denver

the law.....makes sense in places like oh i don't know.....down town denver.....areas with heavy traffic etc........but an empty road next to an empty dirt lot......thats just douchebags with badges collecting money
Attachments
lots.JPG
lots.JPG (52.58 KiB) Viewed 6299 times
By Jason
and another thing.....I'm tired of the same old worn out line that they are there to protect you

It purly isn't true....they have 0 duty to protect you...

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/polit ... cotus.html
WASHINGTON, June 27 - The Supreme Court ruled on Monday that the police did not have a constitutional duty to protect a person from harm, even a woman who had obtained a court-issued protective order against a violent husband making an arrest mandatory for a violation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_v._ ... f_Columbia
Two of three female roommates were upstairs when they heard men break in and attack the third. After repeated calls to the police over half an hour, the roommate's screams stopped, and they assumed the police had arrived. They went downstairs and were held captive, raped, robbed, beaten, and forced to commit sexual acts upon one another and to submit to the attackers' sexual demands for 14 hours. The police had lost track of the repeated calls for assistance. DC's highest court ruled that the police do not have a legal responsibility to provide personal protection to individuals, and absolved the police and the city of any liability
By Erik Boehm
miguel wrote:You have to remember that a cop with a gun has legal life and death power over you. You do not want to give them a reason to exercise the power because some them are itching and twitching to exercise it.
No they don't.
Through their bullying, they've achieved the common perception that they do.

Right now in many many instances, they operate on a "might makes right" basis...

The time is coming that people will challenge that might, and blood will be spilled on both sides in much greater amounts.