This forum is dedicated to discussions on how to grow the sport of hang gliding. We will take a methodical approach to collect data and come up with implementable ideas on how to increase our numbers. This includes effective marketing, lead generation, site access issues, improving regulations, lack of instructors, lack of sites, etc

Moderator: mods

By flybop
I just saw a TV commercial about a woman who lived to a very ripe and active old age. The commercial is for a financial firm (This is by no means an endoresment).

Here is a link to the company's web site. The commercial is featured front an center on the home page. Watch out for a huge influx of senior citizens on the training hills...

http://www.raymondjames.com/personal_in ... 7AodkVwKPQ
By dievhart
nice find.....
(I thought it was going to be another pic of Ryan's glider)

Diev
By blindrodie
Hahaha nice launch! 8)
By datu52
Somewhere in my VHS archives I've got a Blue Stratos (men's cologne) spot with a matching hang glider and a Wrigley's chewing gum spot with a NZ glacier launch. Does anybody remember these?

DR
By flybop
So, does anyone know who the pilot in the commercial is or where it was shot?
By CAL
High jacked by Mrs. Cal-
Cal, being an "oldie but goodie" :lol: , having started HG in 1976, really looks up to the pilots who continue in this sport at a slighltly older age. :mosh: 189 is pushing it alittle, but who out there is claiming recent flights at what slightly older age?
Date and Age?
By woodysr2
the section with the old dear running was shot on a tow dolly as she was not strong /able enough to carry the glider.Initialy they wanted one of our club members to do the launch but he thought that the difference in body mass would be very noticeable so Judy was suggested. Steve plays an old grumpy farmer in the next version of the advert
By HGXC
There is a commercial about Sarah Palin's Alaska and in one outside shot you can see a Exxtassy flying in the sky. Who is flying a rigid in Alaska?

Dennis
By AzFlyer
Nice Launch ... and good way to finish the video :)
By Avnav8r
datu52 wrote:Somewhere in my VHS archives I've got a Blue Stratos (men's cologne) spot with a matching hang glider and a Wrigley's chewing gum spot with a NZ glacier launch. Does anybody remember these?

DR
Hey,

I remember those commercials. I recall that the guy in the Wrigley's commercial didn't wear a helmet. A lot of my non-hang gliding friends saw the commercial and commented as to how pretty, yet dangerous hang gliding looked. As to the recent commercials, it is good to see hang gliders appearing again. Maybe people will start to get the idea that people still hang glide.

John Stokes
www.osceolabaldeagle.com
By Avnav8r
HGXC wrote:There is a commercial about Sarah Palin's Alaska and in one outside shot you can see a Exxtassy flying in the sky. Who is flying a rigid in Alaska?

Dennis
Did she shoot at him?!? (The next scene was a dead guy on a spit roasting over an open fire.)

John Stokes
By Bobfly
flybop wrote:I just saw a TV commercial about a woman who lived to a very ripe and active old age. The commercial is for a financial firm (This is by no means an endoresment).

Here is a link to the company's web site. The commercial is featured front an center on the home page. Watch out for a huge influx of senior citizens on the training hills...

http://www.raymondjames.com/personal_in ... 7AodkVwKPQ

I like her harness. If the bottom was blue, it would be perfect. :thumbsup:
By bisleybob
not her usual flying suit but recognise judy's harness.
By DiarmaidMurphy
HGXC wrote: {snip}....Who is flying a rigid in Alaska? Dennis
Part of what I love about this sport is that someone can ask a question like this and have a reasonable chance of getting an answer! :) Maybe thats a bad thing for a sport struggling with numbers, but still...
Take a look

Today will be "the" day for commercial a[…]

Great footage! But man, that slow-mo was really ki[…]

Campers, Has anybody seen the ElectraFlyer? (No r[…]

The only learning curve I found was everything hap[…]