Post your videos as file attachments here. One video per topic please!

Moderators: sg, mods

By hangster
That's awesome Day , there is no human that can top a pet as a close friend , It's always best to be in the company of a friend and you can't get any better than that :mosh:
By Spark
Nice. :thumbsup:

I remember when Hungary Joe used to fly with his dog Brownie.

I first met Burke Ewing when he was with the 'Tutt Flyers' ? (~ 1979 )
By Avnav8r
Hey,

It was Burke's flights with Curtis that inspired me to fly with Osceola, the one-winged Bald Eagle. Thanks Burke and Curtis!

John Stokes
www.osceolabaldeagle.com
By AIRTHUG
I've started making a harness for my dog... it will probably take me a while to find the time to complete it, but at least I've got it started...
By Nibs
I'd have to get a tandem glider to take my dog up! I've thought about it but think my dog is happier on the ground :lol:
By Fletcher
Phil Haines often flew with his dog at Morningside.
When the glider was set at launch the dog climbed in it's harness and waited to fly.

Dan Meenach flew many times with his dog at Teco mt WA

I heard a pilot in LA launched with his dog hooked in but pilot unhooked,
both survived and dog had his first solo.
By day dreamer
Fletcher wrote:Phil Haines often flew with his dog at Morningside.
When the glider was set at launch the dog climbed in it's harness and waited to fly.

nice :thumbsup:
By Windlord
I always enjoyed watching Curtis and Burke at Torrey.
My dog at that time was a Great Dane and there was no way, but he would
get jealous. :mrgreen:
By Rebardan
tandemdog Shilo. Big fun!
Attachments
SeptandemDog2.jpg
SeptandemDog2.jpg (283.79 KiB) Viewed 11092 times
By Windlord
Rebardan wrote:tandemdog Shilo. Big fun!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Our dog now is about the same size as Shilo. Maybe one day!
By Rod_Clark
Shilo has her D4...

She's the perfect size for flying too, and super smart. Ryan's dog Jackson... he's a big boy! He'll be a little harder to carry.
By noman3
flyhigh013 wrote:I've started making a harness for my dog... it will probably take me a while to find the time to complete it, but at least I've got it started...
poor dog you probably suck at sewing. :mrgreen:
By noman3
Fletcher wrote:Phil Haines often flew with his dog at Morningside.

that is awesome.Can you imagine a airliner going by and seeing a dog flying.They would probably think there jobs were in jeopardy.
By CAL
flyhigh013 wrote:I've started making a harness for my dog... it will probably take me a while to find the time to complete it, but at least I've got it started...

that will be fun , hurry and get it done , only Jackson will have to help you run . how good is he at running on his hind legs . you would have a hard time lifting him , on launch

if anything happened to you 2 Des would realy miss Jackson :lol:

just kidden Ryan , wouldn,t happen any way :lol:
By HangDiver
I first saw Burke and Curtis at Torry forever ago. Unfortunately a few months after Curtis was killed running off the cliff at Torry chasing Burke as he launched.
By CAL
HangDiver wrote:I first saw Burke and Curtis at Torry forever ago. Unfortunately a few months after Curtis was killed running off the cliff at Torry chasing Burke as he launched.
it's tough to leave our animal freinds , my heart goes out to him , i hope Ryan never takes Jackson where there are cliff launches , he chases us all on launch, we all love that Dog !
By burkeandsusan
Hi, Just wanted to let everyone know that you've got the story ALL WRONG. Curtis DID NOT die following me off a cliff, he died of old age after a long and eventful life!

Burke Ewing

Note: Photos of Curtis' last flight at Torrey Pines were featured in People Magazine July 1979. He passed away right before the issue was published.
Attachments
45020001.jpg
45020001.jpg (79.13 KiB) Viewed 10590 times
Last edited by burkeandsusan on Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By NMERider
burkeandsusan wrote:Hi...............Burke Ewing.........
Holy tie-die Batman! It's the one and only Burke Ewing! Welcome to the Org! :welcome: The last time I saw you was in 1975 when you won the Michigan contest on a Sky Sports Kestral. Dave Braddock & I say 'Hi". Are you still flying? Would love to have you come out to Sylmar one day.
Cheers, Jonathan
By HangDiver
My post above was in error and I stand corrected - happily! :) Burke corrected me and my apologies for posting information that I had heard, but was wrong.

Thanks Burke.