All techie stuff here
By rregier
And, how do the Avatar II and Shiva compare in terms of size?
By remmoore
rregier wrote:Is the chin guard on the Shiva and Avatar structural or just aesthetic?
While not as sturdy as the DOT rated Shiva, the Avatar II chin guard is noticeably sturdier than some HG helmets. For example, Icaro's 4 Fight is quite flimsy in comparison.

I was told by Kali's owner/principal designer that he beefed up the Shiva chin guard even more, to correlate with it's DOT rating.

So I would say the Kali chin guards are quite structural.

RM
By garett21b
Nice technology. I think MIPS is necessary for all kinds of helmets.
By Comet
I am now convinced remmoore is a Kali stockholder; he manages to turn every helmet thread into a Kali commercial :wink:

Poor man's MIPS technology can be simulated by wearing a slightly larger helmet with a balaclava beneath. Presto, the multi-layers allow it to slightly move rotationally on impact. Kind of like wearing two pairs of socks when hiking so friction takes place between them instead of on one's foot. Nit pickers notice I said SLIGHTLY LARGER, as opposed to TOO LARGE. :roll:

Maybe I already have drain bamage... :crazy:

:popcorn:
By remmoore
Comet wrote:I am now convinced remmoore is a Kali stockholder; he manages to turn every helmet thread into a Kali commercial :wink:
:owned: Yeah, I can see how one might think that. Not true, but understandable. It's just that after years of advocating for increased helmet safety, there is finally a helmet company that I can point to as an excellent resource. I'm just a big fan, that's all. :oops: :mrgreen:

RM

What a beautiful place you fly. Thank you for post[…]

2015+ Subaru Outback HG rack

The subaxtreme brackets with crossbar would work. […]

La Muela de Alarilla, Spain

Cool place, nice edit! Thanks! I saw in GoogleMa[…]

Going to see Bent Knee 6 July 18. Courtney Swain, […]