All techie stuff here
I wrote a program that turns IGC flight log files in to a format you can use with the fantastic program DashWare to add telemetry overlays to your hang gliding videos.

Example video utilizing True Airspeed

[youtube]
[/youtube]

The main reason I wrote this was because none of the other IGC converters out there retained the True Airspeed data that my Flytec 6030 recorded, which I think is one of the most interesting things to put on the video! Then once I was writing my own converter, I went ahead and added some other neat features that could be useful for some flights.

You can find the program on GitHub.

The readme on GitHub explains how to use the thing. Please note that this is a command line tool that requires Python installed - you'll need to be a tad computer savvy to use it in its current state. Some day I could imagine creating an installer or something, but that's not where it's at today.

Finally, remember that it's not my program that does the heavy lifting of the overlays on videos. That's DashWare, which is not free. My program simply bridges the gap between .igc flightlogs and DashWare :)
By Tasi
That's super nice!
Thank you :thumbsup:
By Lucky_Chevy
That looks like a great tool for flight analysis and documentation. Great job.
:mosh:
By Jason
thats really cool

well done

one thing to note, you essentially do your entire final at trim, at 56 seconds your flying around at 22-23, which is where your entire approach is......pick up some speed

also, i think you could get ride of some of the decimal points (or all of them) it ain't that accurate :thumbsup:
By W9GFO
Nice! I look forward to using it with my new 6030.
By RyanB
Very Cool! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks! :mosh:
By Xpanse
Thank you for all the effort!

I have managed to create a film with telemetry overlaid on video of me flying. The only problem that I am unable to solve at the moment is averaging of data resulting in premature data showing in IAS and GPS ground speed.

I cannot post link to film created because I am not allowed to.

But if you want you can go to vimeo and look for user named mikoloko
By OverloadUT
Xpanse wrote:Thank you for all the effort!

I have managed to create a film with telemetry overlaid on video of me flying. The only problem that I am unable to solve at the moment is averaging of data resulting in premature data showing in IAS and GPS ground speed.

I cannot post link to film created because I am not allowed to.

But if you want you can go to vimeo and look for user named mikoloko
Hey Xpanse, glad to see you got it working!

It looks to me like the thing you need to do is use DashWare's "Synchronization" feature to sync up the data with your video.

It's not totally intuitive, but you want to scrub your video to a spot that you'll be able to match up to the data. I find the landing to be the best point to this. Try to find the point at which you expect the vario to be totally zero for the first time. Then, scrub the data (on the right side) until you see the overlays adjust to what you expect them to be for that frame of the video.

Finally, check the "Sync with video" box to lock the two part together so that they don't get accidentally out of sync!
By Nicos
Excellent idea, thanks for sorting it out. And, what Jason said re. significant figures and speed.

I'll wait until the installer comes out thanks :thumbsup:
By CP
This is the first time I wandered on to this part of the ORG and I have no idea what you guys are talking about but I am all for the prevention of premature data transmition :)

Thanks I really enjoyed the flight, beautiful cou[…]

Launching Hang-2s at Dunlap

Yeah we both generally do that, just because it's […]

You need to do something about your hangstrap and […]

Don't forget the hook-in check especially before c[…]