All techie stuff here
By neckeld
Hi All,

I am about to buy one of these two devices, FlyMaster NAV or Flymaster GPS. I am already use a Smartphone with XCsoar but as I intend to start participating of some Fly contest in my state I need a real GPS device, and I know the NAV has the Competition Features but I am not sure if they are really necessary like – Arriving altitude at next waypoint and goal (considering wind) data field.

I'd like to read some opinions from more experienced pilots.

Thanks,

Daniel
By jug
One thing I always ask potential customers is what will your flying look like in 3 years and get something that will help you get there. I you might go to a competition in those 3 years get a NAV, if not save some money and get the GPS.

Jug
Flymaster USA
Sales, service and support
www.flymasterusa.com
By Lucky_Chevy
My advice is to buy the instrument with all of the features and learn how to use them as required. I've been flying sport class comps for a few years now. When you first start, the amount of information you need is quite small... like which way to fly and how far.

As I have progressed I find that I use more vario information. I check my wind direction and speed; I check my arrival altitude and required glide; distance from the course line, the position of my last climb, etc.

I recently changed varios and the change has been painful.

I tried to run the Python script but it only gener[…]

Merely theorizing here, again... (beware of specul[…]

Saturday, October 13th at Villa. All seven HGs so[…]

Burning Desire to Fly on Friday

Wow, those guys get in close with their big birds.[…]