All FLPHG stuff goes here
By michaelsygo
Once engine warms up 8400 is the best I can get it hit 8600 one time
Choke is open all the way same results with air filter off
One full turn out from in is the best setting on adjustment and I believe that's factory
What is the problem I'm sure 8400 is why I'm having such a problem with climb
By michaelsygo
So check this out I let it cool down after trying all the spark plug gap settings about 45 min and I left the wider gap it started a little harder and prop was trying to move at idele ..
I got in and tryed it again it hit 8860 and was holding an average 8500 I'm not going to miss with anymore adjustments I don't really think there's to much more I can do maybe the rings are breaking in I have a hour and a half on engine now in the garage density is still 3000
One time its average is 83-8400
45 min later85-8600 but that was the best test so far I hope it repeats it tomorrow
By waveview
The motor sounds like it is going well. Often stock motor settings are the best to aim for but it is possible to make sure the stock settings are as accurate as possible. This can include crankshaft alignment, crankcase deck is square, connecting rod true, barrel head and carburettor are correctly aligned to get the most power. This article on blueprinting racing go kart motors covers some of the items that can be checked if time and budget allows. http://dksracing.com.au/2009/06/what-is ... -involved/

If power, RPM and reliability is your goal then racing go kart motor prep articles can provide a good indication on where to start.
By michaelsygo
Trust and reliability is my main priority
I think its performing to the best it can
Different prop is only thing left to try