All FLPHG stuff goes here
By Helix
Sweetness all around. Thank you so much for sharing, Luke.

Holding the windsock - Was that Aggy as well?

Music - Who?

Dog - What kind + what's his/her name?

Mosquito - How heavy + easy to learn to use?

Warmly,
Janica
By lukenicol
Helix wrote:Sweetness all around. Thank you so much for sharing, Luke.

Holding the windsock - Was that Aggy as well?

Music - Who?

Dog - What kind + what's his/her name?

Mosquito - How heavy + easy to learn to use?

Warmly,
Janica
Thanks janica, the windsock was being held by Ian, the owner of the field and the rigid wing I was borrowing (again), its his dog too, crumble the bedlington terroir I think. The mosquito is very easy to learn if you have the basic hangliding skills already, I would say ideally you want about 25hours hang gliding before you convert ( only my opinion). I think the harness is only about 25kg but I'm not exactly sure.
Music was by
Luduvico einaudi

Thanks again, Luke
By Eteamjack
Just returned home from the UK . Beautiful scenery wished I had an opportunity to fly. Bank Holiday weekend was awesome. After that it was typical English weather.. Watched a trike fly overhead while staying in Banbury
By Windlord
Very nice Luke. Those rays of light shinning thru make it a magical moment.
Thanks for taking us along. :thumbsup:
By AlatusIan
Hi Janica, yes the dogs name is Crumble and she's a 2 year old Bedlington Terrier, a sheep in dogs clothing! She's been in a few of Luke's videos now so hopefully she can become a permanent feature in all of them. My mate paramotors with his dog and I had planned to have a harness made for her to paramotor with me but she is a little heavy now.
As Luke says, the rigid with a prone power harness is an awesome combination and much easier than a flexwing with power in my opinion.
By Helix
AlatusIan wrote:Hi Janica, yes the dogs name is Crumble and she's a 2 year old Bedlington Terrier, a sheep in dogs clothing! She's been in a few of Luke's videos now so hopefully she can become a permanent feature in all of them. My mate paramotors with his dog and I had planned to have a harness made for her to paramotor with me but she is a little heavy now.
As Luke says, the rigid with a prone power harness is an awesome combination and much easier than a flexwing with power in my opinion.
What a gentle beauty, that Crumble. Wonder what scents flying pups catch whilst aloft.

Still a wee falconer so rigids + skeeters are far in the future.

Perhaps I'll get good enough to fly your field some day ~

Warmly,
Janica
By Helix
AlatusIan wrote:Crumble footage for Janica... (don't click if you don't like paramotors!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXXmKIOsoWI
Can tell Crumble loves you and is well-loved. She's lucky to have you.

Paramotoring looks like great fun! Grinned + chuckled at your adorable launch run. Reminded me of this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1FCN_wcO08

A "Cross Carnage" event may potentially happen this summer at a local site. Beginner gliders (Condors) + beginner paragliders will be available for anyone and everyone to play with. I'm looking forward to trying out the paraglider.

Sending Crumble a prolonged scratch behind the ears.

Warmly,
Janica
By AlatusIan
I've got a bit of a problem with that paramotor at the moment... it isn't giving me more than about 3/4's of its max power. Normally in no wind I'm off the ground in a couple of paces but I needed a flying fix after a hard days work so had a little play anyway. Not a problem of managed carefully.

Having a HG with power for really achieving and a paramotor for end of the day fun is a blissful combo.
By Helix
AlatusIan wrote:I've got a bit of a problem with that paramotor at the moment... it isn't giving me more than about 3/4's of its max power. Normally in no wind I'm off the ground in a couple of paces but I needed a flying fix after a hard days work so had a little play anyway. Not a problem of managed carefully.

Having a HG with power for really achieving and a paramotor for end of the day fun is a blissful combo.
Nice seeing a man who knows how to live! Almost moved to Scotland a couple years back - lured by the warmth and friendliness of the Scots + different mentality (in a good way) re what's important in life compared to the U.S.

You'll laugh at why I didn't move. Had a cat at the time in NYC (I'm a staunch dog person but demanding job made having a self-sufficient cat more feasible.). One of the hoops to jump through to bring a pet into the U.K. is getting a passport for your pet. Took a day off from work to stop by the British consulate to apply for such a passport + run a few errands. With several plastic bags of groceries in hand + wearing comfy baggy errand-running clothes, I walk into the consulate. American building security guard stops me and asks the reason for my visit. I tell him I need a passport for my pet. He refused to let me pass, thinking I was crazy. Sigh. Stupid Americans.

In retrospect, if I had moved to Scotland I may not have discovered hang gliding :)

How many litres of gas does the motor hold + how long can you fly it for?

Warmly,
Janica
By vglide
Absolutely Beautiful........