.

.

Announce and track hang gliding events
User avatar
By deeprecon1
#383782
:mosh:

May 21 & 22 2016

First Annual Ken Muscio Fly in

2016 Coyote Howl at Lake McClure hosted by MLSR

For camping you must reserve a site. I am warning you all now dont wait, this is going to be a larger than life celebration; honoring Ken Muscio. There is free camping (dry) north of Horse shoe bend on BLM land. There are limited rooms available Coulterville … only 5 miles from horse shoe bend for those who do not like to rough it.

Coulterville café Breakfast and lunch

Yosemite gold hotel …
10407 State Highway 49, Coulterville, CA 95311
(209) 878-3400

Penon Blanco B&B
4705 Penon Blanco Rd, Coulterville, CA 95311
(209) 878-3675

Rose's Cottage Antiques B&B
5004 Main St, Coulterville, CA 95311
(209) 878-3478

Marian
Parks and Recreation Coordinator

MID MERCED IRRIGATION DISTRICT WATER & POWER Lake McClure - Lake McSwain
Parks & Recreation Department
9090 Lake McClure Road - Snelling, CA 95369

Direct: 209-354-2954/1-855-800-2267 (CAMP)

http://www.lakemcclure.com/


$30 event fee plus park fee if you are not a MLSR paid member

Bring your own beverages ... please

**** Coulterville LZ is closed *****

Camp ground will be open Fri May 20 to May 23 Closed By 0900 am
Loop A only with restrooms and showers

All pilots who wish to fly must be current USHPA rated H3 (*H2) or higher .

****Hang two's****

*******Hang 2 pilots must be sponsored by an observer or an instructor. An
instructor must inform a club officer as soon as possible. The sponsor must be present at launch with the Hang 2 pilot when they launch.

Directions: Take State Highway 132 east towards Coulterville. Go to Horseshoe Bend Recreation Area and look for the Landing Zone gate to your left. If you end up in Historic Coulterville, do not despair. Drive back down to the west a couple miles and look for the LZ near the lake. The gate to the LZ should be accessible for the weekend. Pilots normally meet in the LZ, load up onto a 4WD and head to the locked launch gate. Please don’t hesitate to ask others (at the LZ) if you need a ride to launch or offer a ride if you have the room.
User avatar
By remmoore
#383783
Sounds like the upcoming memorial will be an enjoyable and meaningful event.

RM
Last edited by remmoore on Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
By deeprecon1
#383785
Robert, yes there was a small memorial for KM this last weekend.

" They would like to wait a while to have celebration of Ken’s life so that people can plan for the event and make arrangements to be there."

The date is set May 21&22 ... come get sum
User avatar
By deeprecon1
#384573
make sure you call ahead this year for camping !
User avatar
By deeprecon1
#387302
:mosh: :mosh: :mosh:

Three weeks ....come get some
User avatar
By deeprecon1
#387322
The Exchequer Bike Park can be easily accessed from the Barrett Cove Recreation Area, located along the northwestern shore of Lake McClure in Mariposa County. Barrett Cove offers a host of amenities including overnight tent camping, park cabins, convenience stores and snack bars.

Bring your Kayaks and swimming trunks as well.

Image
User avatar
By deeprecon1
#387690
Less than a week away come get some
Attachments
20160516_172451.jpg
20160516_172451.jpg (140.17 KiB) Viewed 1842 times
By highhuber
#387714
I'll be there to celebrate the life of one of the best pilots and friends and person could ask for.

If you have met him you will be there too. If not come anyway and be ready for a good time, he wouldn't want it any other way.

Flying Friday also, LZ at 11, see you there.

hh
By blindrodie
#387760
WOW great price and design. Will get one next week Deep!

8)
User avatar
By deeprecon1
#387774
Come get you one these
Attachments
20160519_165812.jpg
20160519_165812.jpg (79.18 KiB) Viewed 1754 times
By noman3
#387874
despite many trying to eject me i got to say goodbye. Non of you can stop me from celebrating the man and friend that he was to me! Like i said many times before i was angry with ken but i did not hate him.It was nice being home again but after being hit with all the bad juju im not going back. Tollhouse is a old friend with good people,my money and efforts are going to this site from now on.



r.i.p. old man.
User avatar
By hgflyer
#387933
noman3 wrote:despite many trying to eject me i got to say goodbye. Non of you can stop me from celebrating the man and friend that he was to me! Like i said many times before i was angry with ken but i did not hate him.It was nice being home again but after being hit with all the bad juju im not going back. Tollhouse is a old friend with good people,my money and efforts are going to this site from now on.



r.i.p. old man.
Hey B! You're NO KM! But...The Big MC wouldn't be the same without you.

For years I've struggled trying to make sense of all of the mindsets and approaches to flying. From extremely safety conscious to extremely bold.

Maybe all's we are all looking for is Balance and Freedom?

I've always felt that being extremely safe or extremely bold are opposite poles of the spectrum. And both have equal consequence.

Flying has the ultimate sense of true freedom in my opinion. It takes a special type of human being to be safe and bold!
User avatar
By hgflyer
#387934
Celebrate LIFE! Don't kill yourself or others proving it! Be safe Bee bold. Flying isn't a gift! A privilege! A right! It's an experience we all share!

User avatar
By hgflyer
#387935
Haha! Let me go Red neck!
By day dreamer
#387936
hgflyer wrote:Celebrate LIFE! Don't kill yourself or others proving it! Be safe Bee bold. Flying isn't a gift! A privilege! A right! It's an experience we all share!

Huh? Only thing I have ever seen him display is skill. That is something we don't all share equally. You're right, f--- that guy. Call the cops on him the next time he shows up. Bash away, he will still smoke you as a pilot. I get it, nobody likes to get beat by a dude putting in a quarter effort with shredded boots wearing sweats and a ragged shirt burned from welding slag, and a mouth worse than my mothers.
User avatar
By hgflyer
#387937
day dreamer wrote:
hgflyer wrote:Celebrate LIFE! Don't kill yourself or others proving it! Be safe Bee bold. Flying isn't a gift! A privilege! A right! It's an experience we all share!

Huh? Only thing I have ever seen him display is skill. That is something we don't all share equally. You're right, f*** that guy. Call the cops on him the next time he shows up. Bash away, he will still smoke you as a pilot. I get it, nobody likes to get beat by a dude putting in a quarter effort with shredded boots wearing sweats and a ragged shirt burned from welding slag, and a mouth worse than my mothers.
Yeah! We need to talk Glen.

Fun day at the hill. A few others showed up. Nice […]

Another day at the local site, bald eagle and a fe[…]

Yes, I was flying my Gecko 155. New wing. Only i[…]

I tried to run the Python script but it only gener[…]