Announce and track hang gliding events
By Tiffany Smith
15 musical acts, 2 dance performances, 1 guest speaker, 196 pilots, 12 cases of booze, 60 cases of beer, 150 bags of ice, 200 limes, 700 cups, 20 cases of mixers, 8 days of flying, 150,000+ walking steps, 2500 lbs of trash, untold number of stories, countless volunteers and staff members, endless laughter, hundreds of great people and smiling faces, family, friends, dogs, tents, RVs, delicious eats, pilot meetings, smooth transpo, minor accidents, crazy weather, cool cloud shows, insanely strong winds, bar snacks, sexy bartenders, drink specials, loopty-loos, Chinese lanterns, bonfires, trophies, awards, memorials, thank you speeches, selfies, group photos, cupcakes & glow sticks, score keeping, cow bells, air horns, loud cheering, spot landing mishaps, 4 wheelers, guys on crutches, broken down tubes, cactus encounters, nose whacks, reunions, old friends, new friends, awesome memories made....and so much more....

Thanks to everyone who helped make it all possible!!

CFW was a really great trilogy and we certainly went out with a bang....it's truly what we feel it's all about.....
By Fletcher
See what good karma will get ya?
Fletcher
By Kevin_O
Thanks Tiffany and Larry! What a party!

Down tubes in the recycling:
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (2.79 MiB) Viewed 7643 times
By Spark
Many thanks to Tiffany and Larry, and all who contributed their time, sweat and/or presence. It was truly epic.
Last edited by Spark on Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Eteamjack
Tiffany Smith wrote:15 musical acts, 2 dance performances, 1 guest speaker, 196 pilots, 12 cases of booze, 60 cases of beer, 150 bags of ice, 200 limes, 700 cups, 20 cases of mixers, 8 days of flying, 150,000+ walking steps, 2500 lbs of trash, untold number of stories, countless volunteers and staff members, endless laughter, hundreds of great people and smiling faces, family, friends, dogs, tents, RVs, delicious eats, pilot meetings, smooth transpo, minor accidents, crazy weather, cool cloud shows, insanely strong winds, bar snacks, sexy bartenders, drink specials, loopty-loos, Chinese lanterns, bonfires, trophies, awards, memorials, thank you speeches, selfies, group photos, cupcakes & glow sticks, score keeping, cow bells, air horns, loud cheering, spot landing mishaps, 4 wheelers, guys on crutches, broken down tubes, cactus encounters, nose whacks, reunions, old friends, new friends, awesome memories made....and so much more....

Thanks to everyone who helped make it all possible!!

CFW was a really great trilogy and we certainly went out with a bang....it's truly what we feel it's all about.....
That sounds like a helluva lot of fun! Congrats
By highhuber
Tiffany Smith wrote:If you haven't yet had a chance to watch this great CFW video - put together by Curtis Falconer - be sure to check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNOrSN_ ... e=youtu.be
A great Flyin done right. Thanks Tiff and Larry no one has ever done it better. You are and will always be 2 of the coolest people on the planet.

hh
By piano_man
Any chance there will be one next year?
By TomGalvin
piano_man wrote:Any chance there will be one next year?
This was the last one. They sold off the tents and burned the stage down afterwards.
By piano_man
Thanks for the reply, I thought I read that somewhere (in the thread?) too lazy to look for it. Still - I look forward to flying that site.
By Fletcher
Highhuber
Very nice post with incredible photos
Thanks for sharing yet another of your adventures
Fly High Be Free
Fletcher
By JV-Joe
[img][img]https://c8.staticflickr.com/6/5768/3047 ... 38fd_b.jpg[/img]before san dunes by jvill1803, on Flickr[/img]

in the small amount of my flying, and in just the 8 days i flew in Colorado, this one particular flight was the best ever. Ever.

6th day : tired and sore
goal was to go down 3 miles and back
too good, so kept going
3 miles turned to 30 when i reached the San Dunes
30 miles turned to 56 when i jumped over the flats and tagged Saqache? airport
56 miles turned to 76 miles when i returned to Villagrove after 4.5 hours
ran out of O2 at hour 3
ran out of radio power at hour 3.5
dropped one nutrigrain bar
attacked by a hawk
saw hail, rain, and wind gusts
my new definition of an EPIC FLIGHT

thanks to Tiffany and Larry for making it happen!
By tizon
is there going to be 8 Days at Base Part II?
By Tiffany Smith
Hey y'all,

Haven't visited this forum in a while, but have some great news to share!

Through the efforts of The Cloudbase Foundation and in conjunction with the generous pilots of CFW 2016, we have raised almost $10k to donate to Saguache County! This is HUGE for our small town community and we are stoked beyond belief to be able to give back in this capacity. Thank you to everyone who made a donation- it really made a difference!

The County wants us to do this event again, and honestly (yes, I'm crazy) I'd seriously consider it- BUT!!.....we have really tapped out on the grueling efforts of our volunteers and cannot expect to get the same level of day-to-day support- it's truly just too much to ask. We are heavily entertaining the idea of CFW-end 2018 though, so stay tuned for those developments.

As for a movie to highlight 2016- we have so much footage in the can to pull something off, but we don't currently have a willing filmmaker with the time to do it. Time will tell on this one..

Hope everyone is doing well! We miss your faces...

T&L
By WA6BD
Ran into Sparky at Andy Jackson Airpark yesterday n I told him how impressed I was at CFW 2016. The discussion went to how much effort was put into the event by the locals. Thank you’s will never be enough, NEVER for the dedication that the Haden Pass Hang Gliding Club presented each n every day n night to see that the Rocky Mountains Airman's Rendezvous and Mountain Flyer Championships was the event to be at =)

In an effort to take a little of the load, I will donate my services for a day or two, however it needs to be, to see that CFW 2018 is another awesome event to be at.

unstable skies ~

barton
By TomGalvin
I don't think you will see another Colorado Fly Week hosted by Larry and Tiffany. You may see a weekend event or two in the coming years.

How about a California Fly Week?
By lostgriz
An amazing place. Not sure if I posted this, but here is one of my launches from Whale, 12,200'....

Can't seem to embed it here though.

https://youtu.be/ZmRk6N3VLh8
By lostgriz
Thanks Tom, what am I doing wrong. I deleted the S.....

Matt