[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php on line 264: mysqli_fetch_assoc(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php on line 326: mysqli_free_result(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result
COLORADO FLY WEEK 2016 - New News! - Page 4 - Hang Gliding Org
Announce and track hang gliding events
By Tiffany Smith
CFW kicks off 3 weeks from today!!

We officially have as many pilots signed up for 2016 as we had in total in 2014!

Online registration will remain open for 2 more weeks, so you still have time to get your name on this list: http://coloradoflyweek.com/see-whos-coming/

See y'all soon!
By highhuber
Tiffany, Can you post a pic of the T-Shirt design please. I might want to get more then 1 but want to know how bad-a$$ it is.

Also will there be oxygen refills available for cash or should I bring my own refill tank?

Also if I bring a driver will I have to pay an entrance fee for him or her?

Thanks, I'm pumped and can't wait to caress your 4teeners..

Scot
By Tiffany Smith
Scot - Non-pilots, non-family members pay a gate fee of $15/day or $40/week. Oxygen refills will be available.

This is not the final color version, but it's close enough:

By highhuber
Tiffany Smith wrote:Scot - Non-pilots, non-family members pay a gate fee of $15/day or $40/week. Oxygen refills will be available.

Very Bad A$$ t-shirt design, put me down for a large long sleeve, on top of the one included with the entrance fee.

Great price for drivers to share all the fun and entertainment you've lined up too, and glad you have oxygen refills available.

See U soon!!
By rongleason
Tiffany Smith wrote:Scot - Non-pilots, non-family members pay a gate fee of $15/day or $40/week. Oxygen refills will be available.

I will not be attending this event, is there a way to order shirts directly from you? Did not see anything on your web site

Thanks
By blindrodie
Hay Ron Tiff told me to go ahead and email her even if you are not attending and give her an order that she will follow up on after CFW. :mosh:

8)
By dave hopkins
highhuber wrote:

Very Bad A$$ t-shirt design, put me down for a large long sleeve, on top of the one included with the entrance fee.

Great price for drivers to share all the fun and entertainment you've lined up too, and glad you have oxygen refills available.

See U soon!!
DAMM! NOW I gotta com just to get that T-s--- !
By Tiffany Smith
Hey y'all - Only 12 days till we kick off CFW 2016!

We dug the pieces of Sunset Stage out of storage this weekend and got a great start getting that set up, as well as some tent framing, table & chair maintenance, and so much more! Lots to do, but we're really pumped...

By Fletcher
Your set-up photo is better than many peoples events.
I'm sure the actual event will be SPECTACULAR!!!
Sorry I won't be there
Fletcher
By Tiffany Smith
Thanks Fletcher! Appreciate the good juju...and really sorry to hear you can't come :/
By Tiffany Smith
10 days, 10 days, 10 daaaayyyzzz!!

As the event draws near, the question of a day rate comes up more and more....please read this blurb from our website...

Does CFW offer a “day rateâ€￾ for pilot registration?

The short answer is – No.

This is a very sensitive issue, and something we have considered at length…..back and forth…back and forth……we’ve dissected it and looked at it from all angles. What is comes down to is this….we put so much into making this all happen…..we have expenses that people don’t even realize….we take out a loan to make sure we can cover our expenses…we strive our very hardest – to the tune of sacrificing a personal life for 12+ months – to make this the very best event ever. The first Fly Week in 2012 was born out of needing a fundraiser to help maintain our road to launch….both access (a constant struggle) and maintenance…..the event in 2014 as well as 2016 also support these ongoing efforts….and this is all assuming we do better than break even, pay our loan back, etc.

We advertise for this event over a year out, and some people make the commitment to be a part of this as soon as registration opens, paying their early registration fee and planning their vacation time accordingly……it just doesn’t seem right to allow for favors for those who – unfortunately – can only be here for a day. ANY other time of the year you can fly here for free, but if you want to participate as a pilot, you must pay the full entry fee. We feel very strongly that our event is super cheap compared to any other event out there….not to mention we think ours is especially unique given the level of festival like touches we put on the whole thing.

Pilots wanting to enjoy the festivities as a spectator are welcome…the gate fee for non-flying pilots and non-pilots is $15/day or $40/week (this does not apply to family members of a registered pilot, as they get in at no cost). If you are a non-registered pilot, please do not plan to fly unless you follow the same protocol as other pilots. We truly hope you understand how making an exception for a day rate opens us up for too much ambiguity — we are firm in our decision. We’re sorry if this affects you unfavorably.

Thank you for understanding.

Tiff & Larry Smith
Fly Week Management
By Tiffany Smith
Hey flyers....y'all ready for some CFW action?! A mere one week from Saturday and we'll get this show on the road! :thumbsup:

Nights at HQ have been dipping down into the mid/upper 40s lately, so come prepared with warm layers to add and shed throughout the night/day.

Also, I will be shutting down online registration tomorrow, Friday 8/19, so there's that.

See y'all sooooooon!
By Spark
:mosh:
By Tiffany Smith
In the past week we have endured multiple heavy rainstorms, strong winds, and two hail storms - resulting in damage done to Sunset Stage - but we have made the necessary repairs and we've got everything under control! We figure Mother Nature is getting some serious restlessness out of her system before she bestows great weather upon us for CFW.

We've had an awesome crew helping us get everything set up, so we're very grateful for that! We're a bit ahead of schedule but still plenty to do.

After some repairs and updates, here's how awesome the stage is looking...

See y'all real soon!
By Yosoytupadre
Just a reminder of the fun from 2014....!

"What was Colorado Fly Week? 170+ registered pilots and over 250 people. Hang gliders, tow rigs, para gliders, ultralights and airplanes. Oxygen, gasoline, liquor, sleep deprivation, dehydration and hypoxia. Lost and found. Dust devils, frontal collapses and near misses. Dedicated drivers, launch crews, gate keepers, score keepers and professional film crews. Donations of time and money. Good karma. First timers and personal bests. Tuck and tumbles, first responders, rescue teams and paramedics on site. Bush launches and gulley landings. Cat-abatic blow-backs. Tie-dyed t-shirts. Hundred dollar ball caps and reasonably priced ones too. Amazing merchandise with killer art work. Telluride Airforce. Green Team. Spot landing pound-ins thanks to legends of the sport. Cactus. Tiff's tavern pound-ins, 40 cases of beer, kegs, untold liters of liquor and some honest to goodness moonshine. Bartender outfits. Amazing sunrises and sunsets. Sand dunes and 14k foot snow dusted peaks. Gust fronts, laundry tosses, re-acquaintances, making new friends and learning new lessons. Hi-Lift jacks and skid steers. Laughing like kids on top of an RV curled up hiding behind the air conditioning unit in case the biggest fireworks you've ever lit mis-fire - then leaving a short fuse in the tube and accidentally tossing it in the fire. Watching everybody duck. Golf balls, beanbags and condom tosses. Doing something new for the first time. Broken trucks, busted generators, twisted aluminum and rainbows. Belly dancers, burlesque shows, sexy bartenders, amazing bands, campfire serenades, open mics, campfire stories, hot springs, bat caves, tandem flights, hundred mile-an-hour retrieves to make the final scoring and get the win, final-day every-mile-matters-to-win-the-trophy flights. Spilling secrets, scoring errors, 7 days of cloud-base flying, playing bumper cars in the middle of the night. A few tears and a lot of laughter. The Milky Way, all the constellations, shooting stars and - when all else fails and it's dark, following the fence line. Remembering it all on the long drive home.

If some of this doesn't make sense to you then ask somebody who was there for the story - it'll be a good one. And maybe, in two years, you'll have a chance to live the dream like we did. Larry and Tiff willing, of course."

That was 2 years ago, and Larry and Tiff are willing. Don't miss this one.
By TomGalvin
From the facebook posts I see, it looks like the party has already gotten started. One vet visit and I'm rolling out.
By Tiffany Smith
Day #6 -- 186 pilots signed in and they still keep coming. Besides Monday, the flying has been great and the nightly entertainment has been rocking everyone's socks off. Nightly tavern costume themes are a big hit, the girls are cute, drinks are flowing, and the laughter is abundant....we are working our booties off but we're having a great time!

Pics to come....
By mario
What an amazing event!!
A huge thanks to Tiffany and Larry for putting this together (again) and to all those great volunteers!!!!
It was my first time there for me and I could go on forever about the great people I met, old friends, awesome flying over stunning country and all the details from safety to food and all kinds of entertainment.
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm so glad I made it!!!
Mario
By lostgriz
Truly an awesome week of friends and flying in Colorado. Tiffany and Larry put on AMAZING event! So glad I was able to be a part of it.

Matt