Announce and track hang gliding events
By Windlord
bump
Still plenty of time.
By flyzguy
Hi guys

I'm a H4 with very little XC experience and no AT rating considering coming out to the SCFR. I am trying to get an AT rating figured out before the event, but if that falls through I would be hoping to get it at the event. Does anyone know if this is likely possible? I'm also open to input about what level of experience is appropriate for new sport class pilots. I am definitely interested in stretching my XC wings a bit in a great environment with good mentors.

A little more about my relevant experience - I'm predominantly a Norcal mountain/coastal pilot who occasional leaves the main LZ. I have done a lot of scooter towing and took a ground school for AT and did one tandem AT over a year ago but never found time to make it work and finish the rating.
By jj colorado
Wish I could, but grounded for a while.

What a nice tribute to Mark Knight. Many great memories of flying with him. Towed me up especially high for a Sonoran desert sunset flight. Perhaps the most peaceful, pleasant HG flight I've had.

Hope this event will continue for many years as I hope to fly in it and remember some of the joy of flying Mark helped me to discover. For those that can make it, know that this location and time of year yield some amazing flights. Hope everyone leaves with a big smile and great memories.