Announce and track hang gliding events
By hblock
Hi Jim ! Hope you and Len get some good flying in . Get high and go far! :thumbsup:
By jj colorado
Great event. Excellent music/entertainment at night. Wonderful food.
A full week of great flying. 160 registered but only about 1/3 posted up flights. More than 170 flights posted, with several in the 50-80 mile range. There must have been 300-400 flights at the event.
http://www.coloradoflyweek.com
By Andrew Vanis
.org start up page (right before I clocked on it)

" COLORADO FLY WEEK 2014!! (9999 views)"
By jj colorado
Nice video Zeph.

Yeah, despite not having any good glass offs, there were many, many good flying opportunities. People flew multiple routes on the same day or launch opportunity.

That is what makes this so nice. Not confined to one task. Up to the pilot to choose a task, fly where they want. Makes for a lot of fun options.

Wish I could have flown this time, but it was nice to see all the flights people were posting up and the incredible flights by the pilots who hail far from the Rockies. Quite impressive.

But kudos to Larr and Tiff for putting this on and making the event so special. In addition ot the flying the entertainment was truly amazing. Fun event.
By Yosoytupadre
What was Colorado Fly Week? 170+ registered pilots and over 250 people. Hang gliders, tow rigs, para gliders, ultralights and airplanes. Oxygen, gasoline, liquor, sleep deprivation, dehydration and hypoxia. Lost and found. Dust devils, frontal collapses and near misses. Dedicated drivers, launch crews, gate keepers, score keepers and professional film crews. Donations of time and money. Good karma. First timers and personal bests. Tuck and tumbles, first responders, rescue teams and paramedics on site. Bush launches and gulley landings. Cat-abatic blow-backs. Tie-dyed t-shirts. Hundred dollar ball caps and reasonably priced ones too. Amazing merchandise with killer art work. Telluride Airforce. Green Team. Spot landing pound-ins thanks to legends of the sport. Cactus. Tiff's tavern pound-ins, 40 cases of beer, kegs, untold liters of liquor and some honest to goodness moonshine. Bartender outfits. Amazing sunrises and sunsets. Sand dunes and 14k foot snow dusted peaks. Gust fronts, laundry tosses, re-acquaintances, making new friends and learning new lessons. Hi-Lift jacks and skid steers. Laughing like kids on top of an RV curled up hiding behind the air conditioning unit in case the biggest fireworks you've ever lit mis-fire - then leaving a short fuse in the tube and accidentally tossing it in the fire. Watching everybody duck. Golf balls, beanbags and condom tosses. Doing something new for the first time. Broken trucks, busted generators, twisted aluminum and rainbows. Belly dancers, burlesque shows, sexy bartenders, amazing bands, campfire serenades, open mics, campfire stories, hot springs, bat caves, tandem flights, hundred mile-an-hour retrieves to make the final scoring and get the win, final-day every-mile-matters-to-win-the-trophy flights. Spilling secrets, scoring errors, 7 days of cloud-base flying, playing bumper cars in the middle of the night. A few tears and a lot of laughter. The Milky Way, all the constellations, shooting stars and - when all else fails and it's dark, following the fence line. Remembering it all on the long drive.

If some of this doesn't make sense to you then ask somebody who was there for the story - it'll be a good one. And maybe, in two years, you'll have a chance to live the dream like we did. Larry and Tiff willing, of course.
By Yosoytupadre
Mike Jobin uploaded a few of his flights to another tracking site and discovered a scoring error on our Colorado Fly Week site. Based upon what he's shown me, these scores would have moved him from 4th to 3rd place in the PG comp and earned him one of the trophies and a place on stage.

It might have been a software problem, but more likely operator error on the scorekeepers part - that would have been me.

If it happened here, it might have happened to others. If so, sincere apologies. If you find a flight scored in error, feel free to delete the one on the site and replace it with the correctly scored flight. We'll make sure that in the final write-up credit is given where credit is due.

And in the meantime I'll see if the pilot with the 3rd place PG trophy is willing to put it in the correct hands.

Any questions or comments, feel free to reach out.

Regards,

Fred
By NMERider
Yosoytupadre wrote:What was Colorado Fly Week?..........
Dayum! I need a cigarette. :mosh: :mosh: :mosh:
By blindrodie
If some of this doesn't make sense to you then ask somebody who was there for the story
He ain't a kiddin! Thanks for the O2 Fred.

8)
By Fletcher
Yosoytupadre wrote:
What was Colorado Fly Week?..........

Used to be Toohelluride now it's Villa Grove
Those CO pilots really know how to throw a fly in!

I'll never forget the ones I've attended
By op
Cool balloon photo of the Sangre de Yo Momma's. You can see launch and the dunes in the photo.

Track from the fly week along the same range shown above.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ2PTkP_2cY[/youtube]
By op