Announce and track hang gliding events
By FMAN
Anyone can enter the 2014 pre-Worlds!

I had a facebook conversation yesterday with a pilot in Mexico who said there are some Swiss ( pilots :?: ) arriving in the next couple of weeks to check it out.
By lostgriz
Another VA pilot and I have put this on the calendar for 2014. Looking forward to hearing some reports about the event this year.
By flying zippy
It's not usually the case that the pre-worlds (2014) are open registration. They normally open it first to a certain number of participants from each country (National Teams), then any unfilled spots are open registration (sometimes with other stipulations like ranking, etc).

Grab a flight and come down for the El Penon comp in a couple weeks! I'll be there, and coaching an XC clinic the week after the comp.

Zac Majors
For Won Five, 715, 4757
By lostgriz
flying zippy wrote:It's not usually the case that the pre-worlds (2014) are open registration. They normally open it first to a certain number of participants from each country (National Teams), then any unfilled spots are open registration (sometimes with other stipulations like ranking, etc).

Grab a flight and come down for the El Penon comp in a couple weeks! I'll be there, and coaching an XC clinic the week after the comp.

Zac Majors
For Won Five, 715, 4757
I looked at coming down as soon as I saw this post and would love to, especially for an xc clinic. Unfortunately I am tied down with a new job and can't get away.

Work is really holding my flying back, Damn!
By flying zippy
Next time! I hope to start offering a few trips a year to different locations.

Really cool looking custom glider!

Zippy
By lostgriz
flying zippy wrote:Next time! I hope to start offering a few trips a year to different locations.

Really cool looking custom glider!

Zippy
Let me know what you put together, I would definately be interested. Those WW guys hooked me up didn't they. Wait til you see the T2C that I have drawn up...
By lostgriz
Double Post
Last edited by lostgriz on Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By FMAN
I'm too stubborn and cheap to go this year. :chair:
By davisstraub
Preworlds are open to anyone. First come first serve.
By lostgriz
davisstraub wrote:Preworlds are open to anyone. First come first serve.
I will be there.
By flying dutchman
Unless rules have changed, to enter the preworlds, you must have ended among the first 2 thirds during a Catagory 2 comp in the last 2 years. (for example, between first and 20 th during a cat.2 comp.with 30 participants)

At least, it was like this when I went to the 2008 preworlds in Laragne.

I suppose that if after initial registration there are slots left, others may enter too.
By stephmet
Is there going to be a sport class?