Announce and track hang gliding events
By Rodger
Updated 3-10-12

Pilots,

Good News: Everything is coming together for a memorable 40 Year Oregon Hang Gliding Reunion Antique Glider Fly-in and Pilot Conference!

Really Good News: Frank Colver (USHGA #7, Colver Vario, Colver Sailwing, Cover of Groundskimmer, 1st Otto Meet) is driving up from Costa Mesa with a rare 20 foot Eipper. He will talk about his role in the beginning of modern HG. He was there at the first HG meet ever held in the world.

Please call every pilot you have ever known and make sure they know about this one-time event.

Not So Good news: The following release was sent to Eric at USHPA on Dec. 20. On follow-up a few weeks later, nobody had seen it so it was re-submitted to Terry. On follow-up a few weeks later nobody had seen it, the march magazine deadline had been missed, but it would be in the next. On follow up a few weeks later, the ushpa online calendar of events listed our event WITH THE WRONG DATES. The release was (yes) re-submitted a THIRD time. USHPA has never sent me a confirmation of any communication sent or acton taken. I assumed a 5 month lead time was sufficient to get our event into the calendar.

The dates on the online calendar have been corrected, but the April Magazine may or may not be. The correct dates are still May 11-12-13.

May 11-13 Pacific City,OR
40 Years of Oregon Hang Gliding Antique Glider Fly-In
A gathering at Cape Kiwanda State Park and Sandlake Grange Hall.
Fri. Grange Hall Open, Free- Fly.
Sat. 9:30am-5:30pm Antique Glider Flying on the dunes at "Mother Kiwanda". Judging for best Monoplane, Biplane, Standard. Spot Landing, Dollar Grab.
Sat. 6:30pm-9:30pm Pilot Convention at Sandlake Grange Hall (1/4 mile south of Sandlake Store). Multi-media Presentation and Display by Ken DeRussy. Awards, Posters/T-Shirts, $30 at the door.
Sun. Grange Hall Open, Free-Fly
Enjoy the spectacular Tillamook County coastal sites during the prime season. Low tides for big LZ's and beachcombing. Onshore winds and longer daylight for flying.
All Foot-Launch Glider Pilots Welcome! We are all connected... Come see how your sport began.
By shakshak
Great to see some of the oldies - both gliders and pilots, on the dunes. I was there Sunday May 13 with my 1976 Wills Wing SST. Good to get into the air after 8 years. ( Even if it was just short hops off the dune.)
My buddy Daryl Allen flew his old 1974 Sea Gull 3 ( with a swing seat). And his sons Mike and Jake spent the day flying a 1977 SeaGull Seahawk.
Youtube has several videos of the fly in.

Shakshak