Announce and track hang gliding events
By noman3
Jason wrote:word of warning

The OLT hotsprings are sort of a nudist hippie commune......Noman might love it actually :shock:

alright guys im going to try and make this one
By deeprecon1
Im looking forward to flying and meeting all the Mid westerners.

Heading out on July 1, 19 hr drive so I will arrive late July 2. Look for me on the 3rd leaving on the 8th in the am. I will have my truck unless someone tells me I can get to all launches with a 2 wheel drive.

I could save $500 in fuel driving a mid size car.

Really looking forward to this trip ... do some fishing flying eatin and making new friends along the way.

jj colorado wrote:Hey, Deeprecon. Looking forward to flying with you. Watched you progress on this web site and now you will be heading to a place where you can really learn how to soar in the mountains.

Plenty of great HGs will be around to provide guidance on flying Villa, and I'll chip in with my 2 cents too. You will remember this flying experience.

What day will you be arriving in VG?
By Jason
the road up villa is 4wd....although im sure you could get a ride up...

Im hoping to make it down that way at least for a day...you're welcome to ride up with me
By Tiffany Smith
Bring the 2WD and save on gas....

We will be limiting the number of vehicles up to launch anyway, so catching a ride up will not be a problem. There will be a shuttle going up and down a few times a day.

Let us worry about the logisitics...we have thought of just about everything! Y'all just need to make the commitment to yourselves to come, this will be an event you will be sorry to miss!

Pre-registration is up to 37 folks...everywhere from CA, AZ, MN, PA, NY and more!!! Keep 'em coming.....

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
By tharnden7
Are there usually people there selling gliders? I just got into the sport and my instructor said the next step for me is to get my own glider. I am really looking for a Wills Wing 195 Falcon.
By Tiffany Smith
We're trying to get someone to come out and do some demo days for us, but so far we don't have a commitment from anybody..
By Tiffany Smith
CORRECTION:
While we will be organizing carpooling and shuttling up the hill to launch, we still need 4WD vehicles to be a part of the fleet, especially 4WD vehicles with hang glider racks on them.

So, if you want to know a way to help us out, there you have it.....
By Spark
Tiffany Smith wrote:CORRECTION:
While we will be organizing carpooling and shuttling up the hill to launch, we still need 4WD vehicles to be a part of the fleet, especially 4WD vehicles with hang glider racks on them.

So, if you want to know a way to help us out, there you have it.....
I suspect we have enough trucks in Colorado to do the job.

I'll be bringing mine, with room for up to 6 wings, and I'll run some shuttles.

I'll probably plan to fly later in the day anyway.
By kwright
TomGalvin wrote:Have you registered yet Noman?
:ditto: Come on out little fellar, we will be nice to you, I promise! :thumbsup: :mosh: And show you respect! :thumbsup:
By kwright
Tiffany Smith wrote:Bring the 2WD and save on gas....

We will be limiting the number of vehicles up to launch anyway, so catching a ride up will not be a problem. There will be a shuttle going up and down a few times a day.

Let us worry about the logisitics...we have thought of just about everything! Y'all just need to make the commitment to yourselves to come, this will be an event you will be sorry to miss!

Pre-registration is up to 37 folks...everywhere from CA, AZ, MN, PA, NY and more!!! Keep 'em coming.....

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Hey Tiff, you left out New Mexico.....
By dangarlandut1
[/quote]kwright Hey Tiff, you left out New Mexico.....[/quote]

Ah...but next door neighbors like us are already no doubt a done deal. The unique "4 corners" states (my Utah, plus New Mexico and Arizona), and just noticed Colorado has perhaps the most bordering states of all...add in Oklahoma, Nebraska, Kansas, and Wyoming...sorry Texas, but ya all are also very close.

C/Ya all there!
By Tiffany Smith
Oh Kevin...I'm terribly sorry, darlin!! NOTHING personal...I threw those names out there on the fly, at work, in the midst of a busy day. New Mexico, Utah, etc....represent!!!!! ;)

HOLLA... :mosh:
By jj colorado
Deeprecon, up to you on vehcile. Given the distance I'd say take the higher mileage vehicle unless you have some passengers. CO requires anoyne with cahones to have a 4WD truck and many of us have racks for 3 to 6 wings (well maybe 8 for Fred's ultra HG ride). :drool:

But We Need High Clearance 4WD trucks with Racks to get all the pilots and wings up to launch! And we will need some for retrieves too, so if you can bring a good 4WD truck with a rack, please do.

If you are really into fishing then on a non-soaring day or early mornings you could fish the Arkansas river around Salida. If you need a driving break before reaching Villa you could run past the Animas, San Juan, and Rio Grande rivers in Durango, Pagosa Springs and South Fork, CO. But odds are you will want to make it to Villa and soak up some time on launch ASAP.

BTW, Illinois, Iowa and Kansas are Midwest, not Colorado.
Last edited by jj colorado on Thu May 17, 2012 10:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By Tiffany Smith
Wow, in just two weeks the number of registrations has DOUBLED! We are up to 40 now, and we think this is fantastic!! Keep it up y'all....and remember, this discounted opportunity will only last for a little over 3 more weeks, then the price will be 90 bucks.

By AIRTHUG
To clarify... signing up is for the Fly-In, correct?

If one is not going to fly in the MEET portion of the event, they still need to sign up, right? :thumbsup:
By Tiffany Smith
If you are a pilot and you want to be any kind of a flying participant (casually or competitively), registration is a must, whether you do it now or at the event site.

Not sure what your question exactly is addressing, Ryan.... ??
By AIRTHUG
I wanted to clarify that registration is to show up and fly, not just for the "meet"
By deeprecon1
:thumbsup:

Roger all that ! I thought some of the flat landers were showing ... I know all you Co people = Mountain people that look like you just stepped out of a Aspen Co tourist brochure ... :lol:
jj colorado wrote:Deeprecon, up to you on vehcile. Given the distance I'd say take the higher mileage vehicle. CO requires anoyne with cahones to have a 4WD truck and many of us have racks for 4 to 8 wings (well maybe 8 for Fred's ultra HG ride). :drool:

If you are really into fishing then on a non-soaring day or early mornings you could fish the Arkansas river around Salida. If you need a driving break before reaching Villa you could run past the Animas, San Juan, and Rio Grande rivers in Durango, Pagosa Springs and South Fork, CO. But odds are you will want to make it to Villa and soak up some time on launch ASAP.

BTW, Illinois, Iowa and Kansas are Midwest, not Colorado.
By jj colorado
deeprecon1 wrote: I know all you Co people = Mountain people that look like you just stepped out of a Aspen Co tourist brochure ... :lol:
This is Real outdoor Colorado. A lot more enjoyable without the $$$ pricetags.
By noman3
ok it looks like im putting racks on the girl friends car and we are coming out.