World politics, and other not so funny/friendly stuff that doesnt qualify in the camp fire go here. This forum wont show on the front page.
By dievhart
the text in the email reads.....

........Good news is that I truly out did myself this year with my Christmas decorations. The bad news is that I had to take him down after 2 days. I had more people come screaming up to my house than ever. Great stories. But two things made me take it down.

First, the cops advised me that it would cause traffic accidents as they almost wrecked when they drove by.

Second, a 55 year old lady grabbed the 75 pound ladder almost killed herself putting it against my house and didn't realize it was fake until she climbed to the top (she was not happy). By the way, she was one of many people who attempted to do that. My yard couldn't take it either. I have more than a few tire tracks where people literally drove up my yard." The guy is not real!...........

Diev
Attachments
xmas-guy.jpg
xmas-guy.jpg (93.89 KiB) Viewed 568 times
By woodysr2
Absolutely brilliant just my sense of humour only wish my house was a two storey and the rain gutter would support the dummy :roflcat:
By Bobfly
That's priceless! :lol:
I have one lonely pine tree in the middle of a wildlife field. there is no way I can get electricity to it, and its even hard to get to. I really want to put Xmas lights on it, but how?

I know there are something the uses a battery, but that means the lights will be on all the time, and the batteries will be dead in a few days? what else can I do? Isn't there some kind of Xmas light system that works with solar "something"? Or any other ideas?
By red
dievhart wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:05 am
two things made me take it down. First, the cops advised me that it would cause traffic accidents as they almost wrecked when they drove by.
Diev
Diev,

The cops were right to give warning. The criminal charge would probably be "maintaining an attractive nuisance." The resulting lawsuits that could come would be very expensive, even if the homeowner "won" them (not likely). It's just lucky that the old lady did not sue.

Not smart to cry "wolf!" like that, IMHO.
Hello everyone!

I would never recommend that you pack up a 1974 […]

What specific things does your instructor want you[…]

Hang Gliding Moments of 2017

the special treat was the Mount Washington flight.[…]

I'm flying a powered trike (when I'm flying with p[…]