DMarley wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:26 am
So now you're adding to your list dead pilots and pilots who have obviously no desire to be on your list?
You're obviously attempting to legitimize your little club by incredibly ill means. Deceased pilots? Really?
Mark Forbes? Really? And you're linking to Mark's videos that don't indicate who the pilot is in each vid?
I would be highly surprised to hear that Mark gave you permission to put his endorsement on your club by adding his name to your list of pilots.
You're club is appearing to be more and more ill-conceived and ill-guided. Is that the kind of organization that you want to be known as? The kind of club who's leaders would induct deceased pilots? Would you also vote in public elections under the name of deceased voters?
Have some respect at least for the deceased if not for yourself.
Your note seems to be missing facts, assuming what is not fact, and then building statements on assumptions or beliefs that miss the mark about involuntarylist.
1. involuntarylist is not a club, not an association, but an agency for certifying recreational hang glider ratings proposed by facts witnessed. There is no memberships offered nor accepted. The agent is independent of other entities. One does not join involuntarylist, dead or alive. involuntarylist goes through a profound checking process. One cannot obtain a statement of a rating by virtue of asking or applying. One may submit data on one's behalf or on the behalf of another recreational pilot as an instructor, observer, mentor, airman, etc. Submitting data about a recreational pilot--dead or alive--does not force a production of a rating process; but if a rating process occurs resulting in a statement by involuntarylist, then that pilot has for life and beyond a rating stated by involuntarylist.
2. From the beginning of hang gliding history pilots ---dead or alive---have been rated . involuntarylist continues that strong historically based tradition.
3. So far, only one rated pilot asked for a taking off their Pilot Page some image and non-core information about themselves. involuntarylist will respond to requests with careful consideration.
4. involuntarylist adds statements in Pilot Pages and on the indexing lists only after a recreational hang glider pilot has shown public recreational hang gliding activity. It is the aim of involuntarylist to rate to H0 through H4 only every pilot that shows evidence of having a flight connection with the airspace over the United States or its possessions. involuntarylist keeps an interest in deceased recreational hang glider pilots.
5. involuntarylist has no need to ask a dead or alive recreational pilot whether they want or want not to be rated for hang gliding proficiency. But involuntarylist receives requests for being rated.
6. It is beneficial and honorable to pay attention to recreational hang glider pilots who have died; certifying their hang gliding rating is part of the mission of involuntarylist.
7. There are three sections to the involuntarylist Pilot Page: a. Statement of rating that has been certified. b. Data supplied by the subject pilot that is fit for public display; we hold unpublished information not fit for public display; the submitter has much to say about what goes in that section or not. c. Information that might enhance interest in the subject pilot.
8. The third section on the Pilot Page is about enhancing interest; that section does not necessarily affect involuntarylist certification process; rather, the video links and links to articles and documents in that section may not have been part of the certification process.
9. That involuntarylist states a certified rating for a pilot does not mean anything about endorsement or not. involuntarylist trades nothing for its certification processing. involuntarylist is blind to endorsements or non endorsements. There is no essential need to ask a pilot if she or he is going to be rating certified by involuntarylist; if the pilot has shown publicly, then they are potentially in the view of involuntarylist rating certification domain.
10. Doug, you are invited to start a case about your rating with involuntarylist. A case file has not yet been started about your rating. But it may get opened soon; an email from you to firstname.lastname@example.org
would trigger opening a case file leading to a certified rating statement and construction of a Pilot Page about you. Send data and have others send data about you; records from your instructors, mentors, observers, and examiners are receivables for the involuntarylist process. And documents and links to information that surround you are welcome for involuntarylist review for possible placement in the second and third section of the Pilot Page. You are welcome to trigger the process. sooner or later.
Honor your fathers and mothers; honor those who have gone before us and who live yet , though deceased. To forget Volmer Jensen or Larry Tudor would be a great loss. involuntarylist aims to keep the won assets of recreational hang gliding alive to all who are concerned. Doug, you are welcome to submit interesting links about Larry or other HG pilots; involuntarylist is not responsible for what history is showing about pilots.
I hope I have addressed your concerns; if not, we may go another round on any point in hopes to clarify matters. You are invited to reach to see what is the case before leaping to fly dark statements. Reach for potential light and hold out for a perspective that may be helpful.
for teaming at involuntarylist
has been constructed; the content will develop over time.
Filler: Dave Chapman about to rocket:
US pilots involuntarylist.org