.

.

All topics the user community has voted to take off the front page are moved here.
Click on the "BURY this topic" link at the top of each topic to vote to bury a topic and take it off the front page.

Moderator: mods

User avatar
By Paul H
#360676
It's a good thing nobody harasses animals with hang gliders like those evil paraglider pilots do.

User avatar
By jjcote
#360677
Theorem: 2 = all.

(Also, I didn't hear any screaming, it looked to me like the elephants were already moving before he got there, and it wasn't obvious that they sped up. But the clip was too short to really be able to tell. The elk one looked a lot more egregious.)
Last edited by jjcote on Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Comet
#360678
Anyone chasing wildlife is guilty of an inexcusable criminal act. It's just that PPGs seem to be the ones doing it - and posting it.

By trying to turn this clear-cut video evidence of wildlife harassment into another HG vs PG debate, Paul is dangerously close to defending the actions of Del Schanze and others who are cruel enough to commit these crimes against wildlife and stupid enough to post it on public web sites.
By Paraglider Collapse
#360679
jjcote wrote:Theorem: 2 = all.

(Also, I didn't hear any screaming, it looked to me like the elephants were already moving before he got there, and it wasn't obvious that they sped up. But the clip was too short to really be able to tell.)
The ENGINE is screaming - have you never heard a 2-stroke ppg fly at 9000 rpm? The elephants were running already because they heard him coming long before he flew low over them.

Do you guys really hate ME so much that you are willing to DEFEND THE HARASSMENT OF WILDLIFE JUST SO YOU CAN CONTRADICT ME?
Last edited by Paraglider Collapse on Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
By Paul H
#360680
No one is defending wildlife harassment, we're just tired of your stupid PG crap. In case you forgot, this is a HANG GLIDING site.
By Paraglider Collapse
#360681
Paul H wrote:No one is defending wildlife harassment, we're just tired of your stupid PG crap. In case you forgot, this is a HANG GLIDING site.
In case you forgot, PG's are now included in the USHPA. I'm sick of them too, but YOUR national organization has foisted them on us. We must live with their actions and suffer the consequences of heinous and illegal acts such as this. When the hand of government comes down on paragliders, it will not exempt hang gliders.

The hang gliding AND paragliding membership needs to unite against this cruelty.
Last edited by Paraglider Collapse on Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
By Paul H
#360682
Comet wrote:Anyone chasing wildlife is guilty of an inexcusable criminal act. It's just that PPGs seem to be the ones doing it - and posting it.

By trying to turn this clear-cut video evidence of wildlife harassment into another HG vs PG debate, Paul is dangerously close to defending the actions of Del Schanze and others who are cruel enough to commit these crimes against wildlife and stupid enough to post it on public web sites.

I'm not defending that s----stain Schanze or any others like him. I merely pointed out that this is another example of the stupid anti-PG crap that paraglidercollapse continually posts here.
If you can't tell the difference then you are dangerously close to defending the actions of a moron.
User avatar
By Paul H
#360683
Paraglider Collapse wrote:
Paul H wrote:No one is defending wildlife harassment, we're just tired of your stupid PG crap. In case you forgot, this is a HANG GLIDING site.
In case you forgot, PG's are now included in the USHPA. I'm sick of them too, but YOUR national organization has foisted them on us. We must live with their actions and suffer the consequences of cruel and illegal acts such as this. When the hand of government comes down on paragliders, it will not exempt hang gliders.

The hang gliding AND paragliding membership needs to unite against this cruelty.
Then post it on paragliding sites. In case you forgot, both the HG and PG communities have spoken out against Schanze. This is just another example of your anti-PG hate campaign. I can see that and I don't even fly them.
By Paraglider Collapse
#360684
So if someone else had posted this video, you would then show proper outrage?
Because now you have succeeded in deflecting the issue away from wildlife harassment - so the actions can continue.

I am posting this everywhere I can to call attention to it.
User avatar
By Paul H
#360685
Paraglider Collapse wrote:So if someone else had posted this video, you would then show proper outrage?
Because now you have succeeded in deflecting the issue away from wildlife harassment - so the actions can continue.
Oh, sure, those illegal actions can now continue because of my posts here. :crazy:
Where is your outrage against a powered HG pilot harassing wildlife??? Did you even notice the name of the person who posted that video? It seems to be a well-known HG pilot. It's difficult to give your posts any credence since you have made your anti-PG motive blantantly obvious.
By michael170
#360688
Paul H wrote: Did you even notice the name of the person who posted that video? It seems to be a well-known HG pilot.
Name: KEVIN CHRISTOPHERSON
USHPA #: 38341
Membership Class: Pilot
Membership Exp Date: 2/28/2013 [EXPIRED]
I hope that the next time he decides to chase Elk he crashes and breaks his f---ing neck!
By Comet
#360691
It seems the real evil here may be MOTORS. A soaring wing would be virtually incapable of chasing wildlife.

Nonetheless, Red Bull needs to be aware of the free-flying community's aversion to this sort of atrocity, and they need to be concerned that it will hurt sales.
User avatar
By Paul H
#360692
No, the real evil is stupidity. It can be seen in every sport, hobby, and past time. The common denominator is people. There will always be that percentage of every group that willingly goes against the accepted norm.
User avatar
By davisstraub
#360694
Why exactly are people stupid?
User avatar
By jjcote
#360695
Paraglider Collapse wrote:So if someone else had posted this video, you would then show proper outrage?
Because now you have succeeded in deflecting the issue away from wildlife harassment - so the actions can continue.

I am posting this everywhere I can to call attention to it.
Harassing wildlife? Yep, I'm against that whether done with a PPG, a trike, an ATV, a jetski, or whatever,.

Understanding the connection that a few irresponsible PPG pilots translates to "every paraglider pilot is just another Del Schanze",,, well, that's really not so clear. The paraglider pilots who I fly with are generally very well behaved people.
User avatar
By mbadley
#360696
Well, I don't defend harassing wild-life, but I see little in this video to support a major harassment. Elephants can run or get a little excited at time, certainly they weren't being herded or shot at and having their tusks removed... (that being said, I don't know how many fly-by's were done to get that little bit of footage. Maybe there's more to it....)

Anyway - I actually LOVED that video. Those are some beautiful shots and some hairy-assed flying. Do I think those guys are gonna muck it up some day and end up in the ICU?? Well, yeah. But, wow... that was just great stuff!!

Can other 'lesser pilots' act responsibly and NOT DO that on their own wings? Sure, just because guys can loop and spin their gliders and wang it down to the deck doesn't mean I intend to follow that example.... If you've got no kids, and don't mind your wife looking for somebody new when you're gone... well, by all means - GO FOR IT and get it on VIDEO. We could all use an Icarus reminder now and then.
By Paraglider Collapse
#360701
mbadley wrote: I see little in this video to support a major harassment. Elephants can run or get a little excited at time, certainly they weren't being herded or shot at and having their tusks removed... (that being said, I don't know how many fly-by's were done to get that little bit of footage. Maybe there's more to it....)
Your reply shows an total ignorance of wildlife laws and etiquette. Coming that close, and causing them to run, constitutes harassment. In the Puget Sound and other areas of the Pacific Ocean it is illegal for boats to even come near Orca whales for fear of disturbing them. In the US flyovers of wildlife sanctuaries by powered aircraft are limited to no less than 2000' agl - this guy was 50 feet!

If you can't refrain from overflying animals, please stay away from my local sites. Landowners get VERY upset if you even overfly their expensive prize livestock. Some request that fliers not use their fields during breeding season. If they run into a fence even two hours after we leave, the owner will assume it was hang gliders who caused it. Your defense ("I see little in the video to support major harassment") will get you sued for the value of the animal, then the landing field permanently closed. NEVER FLY OVER LIVESTOCK ON PRIVATE PROPERTY! That goes quadruple for endangered species such as elephants - most of whom btw are in national parks in Africa, making this offense that much more serious.

Amazing that some of you are so blinded with prejudice against me that you vacillate on issues of wildlife protection. If I said "kicking puppies is bad" I'll bet Paul H and others would respond with, "...you suck Paraglider Collapse and everything you say is wrong..."
User avatar
By Paul H
#360703
Paraglider Collapse wrote:Amazing that some of you are so blinded with prejudice against me that you vacillate on issues of wildlife protection. If I said "kicking puppies is bad" I'll bet Paul H and others would respond with, "...you suck Paraglider Collapse and everything you say is wrong..."
Now you are just being stupid. Nobody on here has advocated any wrongdoing towards wildlife, you're just back pedalling from your usual any excuse to post anti-PG crap here on a HANG GLIDING site. As I pointed out, there are hang gliders being flown in the same illegal and just plain wrong way. If you didn't have such an obvious agenda you might be taken a little more seriously. You are the guy with the screen name "Paraglider Collapse" after all.

OK, I have a better video now of a practice Fly On[…]

Visiting Wallaby 2017

A short video from visiting Wallaby Ranch last spr[…]

That was very cool to watch, thanks! Reminded […]

Campfires tales . . .

What resources would you be searching for on this […]