All topics the user community has voted to take off the front page are moved here.
Click on the "BURY this topic" link at the top of each topic to vote to bury a topic and take it off the front page.

Moderator: mods

By day dreamer
You guys are stifling. What site USA doesn't have that crazy uncle? These are the spirits that free flight attracts.
][/youtube]
By Wonder Boy
Roadrunner wrote:Hi Guys: It seems sort of funny to me. You Guy's talk as if Harassing Wild-Life
is a Bad thing. Hell, I for one plan on doing some Harassing of Wildlife
myself. Yes, I will be guilty of doing just that. i do plan on harassing wild
Birds as I core right through them. I will be proud of that.

It is funny how I view things these days. When I am driving Balls out on driving range. I work towards improving my Drives. I look out at the end of the driving range. I see the Fence that is located at the back of the house's that
are located just on the other-side of that fence-line. i dream about driving
Golf-Balls that far, and striking a window, there fore breaking a Window.

YES, Yes I am nothing but a future Vandal in the making. You know,
I will be a low-Down Vandal, I will be scum.

Never mind that I will need to drive the Balls about 450 yards.

Back to the topic of HARASSING BIRDS. I want to harass Birds. I know
that to harass the Birds will require some serious ability to thermal on
my part. But I want to harass Birds so Bad.
Maybe stick with golf then.....
By AcTiOn!JaCksOn
Tormod wrote:
AcTiOn!JaCksOn wrote:LoL *yawn* I hope you never harass spiders, cockroaches, or terminates that infest or enter your house either. Also, better not walk over grass, because their is a high possibility or inability of killing an ant or some bug of some sort. Even worse driving your car, have you ever seen your windshield after an evening drive?
Houmor is a difficult thing, there's a thin line between being funny and trolling. This seems to me to be trolling, am I wrong?
Joking, trolling, and making a point. Buzzing, flying low over a herd of elephants is considered animal abuse? Why is not swatting at stink bug, mosquito, or fly or what have you not animal abuse? They are living creatures that are not human .. would not that be consistent and just as a reasonable argument to make? If what the ppg pilot did in that video is honestly thought by some to be true, wicked, abuse of another living creature - this is some serious PETA happening in this thread
By gluesniffer
Kind of a big difference between insects with a life cycle of days and weeks and elephants which are emotionally intelligent creatures that mourn the deaths of their own. 10000 plus elephants are slaughtered a year feeding Asia's appetite for ivory. Its appalling. We should as pilots give a wide berth to the amazing creatures on this planet. Being in nature is one of the best parts of this sport. Go buzz a fat worthless human. There's more than enough of those around.
By Tormod
gluesniffer wrote:Kind of a big difference between insects with a life cycle of days and weeks and elephants which are emotionally intelligent creatures that mourn the deaths of their own. 10000 plus elephants are slaughtered a year feeding Asia's appetite for ivory. Its appalling. We should as pilots give a wide berth to the amazing creatures on this planet. Being in nature is one of the best parts of this sport. Go buzz a fat worthless human. There's more than enough of those around.
:ditto: Insects and other bugs are fantastic creatures but not even the smartest among them is capable of feeling fear, or even having other kinds of emotions.
Last edited by Tormod on Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Nicos
...what gluesniffer said just there, +1

[youtube]
[/youtube]
By jjcote
From a pragmatic perspective, nobody cares if you squish bugs, but if you hassle charismatic megafauna, it gives us a bad reputation and we get kicked out of places and can't fly.
By AcTiOn!JaCksOn
So to me that is what I find kind of funny, that doesn't seem consistent or fair, if you truly want to be an advocate. In other words, it is selective for particular non-human existing creature that are more important, more intelligent, more emotional? What fits the criteria exactly? I agree there are certain animals that are more intelligent, is that the only reason why it is more horrendous to fly over an elephant verse stepping on a spider about to enter my house?

If members are just worried about image and do not want to risk the loss of a place to fly, that makes sense but seems kind of political. Like you are exploiting animals, just to make an appearance for the sake of saving a site to fly.
By Erik Boehm
don't want to watch the entire video, can anyone specify at what time the indident in question appears in the video?
Large Pilot (Heavy)

I'm a Pilot who's first Glider was a 225 Wills Win[…]

One lucky dude....

Steering with your feet never works out. Campers,[…]

Is the road rebuilt yet? It was pretty messed up f[…]

1-axis gimbal footage?

Hi,guys.you can try this new gimbal which born for[…]