This forum is dedicated to discussions on how to grow the sport of hang gliding. We will take a methodical approach to collect data and come up with implementable ideas on how to increase our numbers. This includes effective marketing, lead generation, site access issues, improving regulations, lack of instructors, lack of sites, etc

Moderator: mods

By Lobido
Wingspan!
By AP
(May I join in too? OK here goes)

Rad.
By Lobido
Umm, I suspect Radwhacker is waiting for Wingspan to take issue with the subject of the thread.

Did I catch it, Rad?
By AP
(OK, may be this will work.)

Wingspan!
By spekkinout
Really, you should get proper training. While many experienced skywatchers can say that the sky is indeed blue, we don't really know what your level of expertise is, and as such we may be imparting too much information for you to handle. Determining the colour of the sky is a dangerous activity, rife with risk, and we may be legally liable for any injuries you get from the misuse of our discussion on the colour of the sky.

Remember folks, we don't know if this guy is a real sky-colour-determiner, with a mature and safety conscious attitude towards this risky activity, or if he's just some whack job that got his set of eyes off Ebay and is planning to learn how to use them on his own without proper training. The more discussion we have on the matter, the greater our liability.

Please, for the greater good of us all, if not for yourself, find a good instructor and get trained. You'll go through the proper steps, starting small with things like looking at the ground and determining it's colour, and you'll begin to develop a feel for how to use those eyes before you take the big leap onto looking upwards at the sky. Once you get to that stage, you'll not only be able to easily determine it's colour, but a whole new world of wonder will be opened up to you. Good luck in achieving your goals, I have no doubt you'll be totally hooked on eyesight after just the first try!

Besides, the sky is grey.
By Lobido
:shock:

:roflcat:
By Radwhacker
Post of the Month!
By Lobido
SG-

I've got the cat, you've got the monkey. Something very odd here.
By spekkinout
Wingspan34 wrote:
Actually, this evening, just before and after sun down the sky was an orange red. At night it is black, and before dawn I have seen it showing a deep purple. The sky is constantly changing color, often in subtle ways. This is something that most people fail to appreciate, or recognize. They feel comfortable making blanket statements like "the sky is blue". A better blanket statement would be, "the sky is colorful".
You think this guy can handle that kind of online tutelage? He's obviously a newbie, even though he seems capable of determining sky colour during daylight hours on a cloudless day. Tough to say, though, it could have been a guess... :wink:

I've been at it for a fairly long time, some 41 odd years now, and I can still screw up on sky colour, it's just so easy to do if you get complacent. You've got to continually hone your skills to make that kind of judgement safely. Getting injured takes all the fun out of it!

And while grey does qualify as a colour, I really don't regard it as "colorful". It's just...blech...ughhh...boring and uninspiring to me, not colourful in the least!

:)
By Zig
It is all relative.

By Mrsposer
:crazy: You guys must all be drunk!! Sounds like Lobido has been passing my rum around in here. :lol: Besides....everyone knows the sky is FALLING!! So it makes noooo difference what color it is. :wink:
By CHassan
I beg to differ! I believe the earth is rising.

Global warming has caused the earth to rise in temperature. It is all but impossible to tell with out highly specialized test equipment, but the expansion caused by the internal heating of the earth has raised sea level by almost 10 feet over the past 4 years. So you can all add 10' to your max MSL.

However the earth being of different properties has expanded somewhat differently. 17.7' is the national average, but changes vary wildly from area to area. The town of Hicksville Oh has gained less at 8.9'. While studies at Big Bone Lick State Park have seen over 27' increase.

I mention this so you can all adjust your varios properly! :surrender:
By tizeagle
Mrsposer wrote::crazy: You guys must all be drunk!! Sounds like Lobido has been passing my rum around in here. :lol: Besides....everyone knows the sky is FALLING!! So it makes noooo difference what color it is. :wink:
No, that is a thermal, you are approaching the clouds. :thumbsup:

Congratulations :mrgreen:
By steve555
Wingspan34 wrote: WIngspan34 Is Blue.
If you are BLUE then I am RED,
for I have not flown for two weeks.
By designbydave
GREAT THREAD :thumbsup:
By CHassan
steve555 wrote:
Wingspan34 wrote: WIngspan34 Is Blue.
If you are BLUE then I am RED,
for I have not flown for two weeks.
Does that make me tangerine? I haven't been out in a month I think! Bubba's-n-Back was my last flight.
By spekkinout
I think you're on to something there, Wingspan, along with Mrsposer..

The Sky is Blue...he is drunk and slurring....theskeye....thiskeye...this guy!! He is saying This Guy is Blue!!

Awwww Rad, it'll get better, you'll get some airtime eventually, cheer up bro!

:)