This forum is dedicated to discussions on how to grow the sport of hang gliding. We will take a methodical approach to collect data and come up with implementable ideas on how to increase our numbers. This includes effective marketing, lead generation, site access issues, improving regulations, lack of instructors, lack of sites, etc

Moderator: mods

By WhackityWhack
I recently threw out a bunch of old magazines. I, like a lot of people, was keeping my old issues. I liked the pictures and once I read the articles, I kept them. Never read them again. Just kept them and cluttered up my house.

So, yesterday, when I was getting my hair cut, I looked at the table full of US, PEOPLE, and Glamour magazines and thought, "Man, I would really like to see a Hang Gliding Magazine sitting there." I'd probably pick it up and read it even if I'd already read it.

I don't know, maybe the dentist's office would take a couple too. ???
By Lucky_Chevy
I've been known to plant a few of mine in the past. It's definitely more interesting than a Cosmo, even if you're not in the sport.

Dan
By remmoore
Based on this thread's title, I thought the topic was going in a different direction. Like "Flip, Flip, Toss". Given that it's now just a PG-promotional mag, I would be embarrassed for others to see it.

HG gets a lot more exposure on-line, through websites like this. Thanks, SG! :thumbsup:

RM
By WhackityWhack
remmoore wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:54 am Based on this thread's title, I thought the topic was going in a different direction. Like "Flip, Flip, Toss". Given that it's now just a PG-promotional mag, I would be embarrassed for others to see it.

HG gets a lot more exposure on-line, through websites like this. Thanks, SG! :thumbsup:

RM
Well, there IS that. I guess we could tear out all the PG articles and Pics and leave the two HG pages in there. :wink:
By kjj3dan
I've been placing mine in the waiting room of the hospital where I work.Of course,now I get accused of trying to drum up business for the ER !
By WhackityWhack
kjj3dan wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:54 pm I've been placing mine in the waiting room of the hospital where I work.Of course,now I get accused of trying to drum up business for the ER !
That's perfect!

Wasn't one of the Will's Wing guys on here a while back talking about trying to start a twitter campaign or something like that? Maybe it was Instagram or another one of those social media things. I can't remember.
By miraclepieco
I could not in good conscience inadvertently encourage someone to get into paragliding by putting the USHPA magazine in a public place.