This forum is dedicated to discussions on how to grow the sport of hang gliding. We will take a methodical approach to collect data and come up with implementable ideas on how to increase our numbers. This includes effective marketing, lead generation, site access issues, improving regulations, lack of instructors, lack of sites, etc

Moderator: mods

For example, Joe Rogan typically does in depth 3 hour interviews with people he finds interesting. Lots of top comedians, fighters, scientists, adventurers, and sportsmen.

I think someone like Zac Majors or Johnny Durand getting interviewed on his podcast, Joe Rogan Experience would do a lot to publicize the sport. It has a huge audience.

That's one podcast I listen too but there are many others that I don't know of.
What do you guys think?
By old newbie
The general public doesn't care about aviation and even less about foot launch flying. They would tune out in a second
By TjW
Perfectly true, but they might find it interesting if Joe Rogan finds it interesting.
By mgarnett
Fortunately JRE audience is not a general audience. Extreme sports , hunting , fighting , adventure , the limits of human endurance are all things that Joe seem to take interest in, as well as the audience.

The beauty of podcasts, as well, is that it is so unlike TV and radio! The podcast is there, you read the description, if you are interested you download it. Someone 3, 4 years down the road may download it and listen, and spark an interest. You have to be a boring guest or monotone or a bad storyteller to get someone to not listen once downloaded.